Live from Majestic Princess February 19

californiagirl

15 hours ago, smillerholmes said:

Ditto on the reservations debacle. Ditto on having "a note in my file". The restaurant manager sent a very nice bottle of wine last night and tonight my food was HOT! I have also received an invite to wine tasting tomorrow afternoon. 

image.jpeg.4a31c06f05008e3d55a6239873f4415d.jpeg

Would anyone onboard be able to either furnish a photo of the officers onboard, or a rundown of current Captain, Ent Director, CD, Director of Restaurant Operations, Hotel Director, etc.?

Much appreciated 🥂

New to big ship cruising and doing a July trip on Majestic in Alaska. Have signed up for several excursions.  Do they supply bottled water/ponchos?   American  Queen steamboat did for each passenger as they left for their excursion.  It was nice  !   OR , where to get a bottle of water?  

Also, just did alcohol free January and may continue, despite having the big deal liquor package for our trip.  How are mocktails?  And, if you don't drink will they bring something other than alcohol to your cabin?  It's our 50th anniversary and I suppose  they will give us  something???

4 minutes ago, duffinvt said:

Do they supply bottled water/ponchos

No, buy water on board or in town.  Bring poncho

5 minutes ago, duffinvt said:

It's our 50th anniversary and I suppose  they will give us  something???

Maybe will decorate room, or door.

19 hours ago, jwattle said:

Would anyone onboard be able to either furnish a photo of the officers onboard, or a rundown of current Captain, Ent Director, CD, Director of Restaurant Operations, Hotel Director, etc.?

Much appreciated 🥂

There is a photo near the elevators on 6 (I think). Will see what I can do. Working on laundry right now. 

Just now, smillerholmes said:

There is a photo near the elevators on 6 (I think). Will see what I can do. Working on laundry right now. 

Thank you!! That way, I can pre-address heir invites for the Meet and Greet 🥂😀

7 hours ago, duffinvt said:

Do they supply bottled water/ponchos?

If you have Princess Plus the small bottles of water (16.9 oz) are included. We would just grab a couple bottles at the International Cafe or a bar before heading out for the day. Princess did not supply ponchos but I think they sold them in one of the onboard shops.

I unplugged for my last day onboard.  Yes to everyone…no sanctuary on Majestic.  Once I found the Hollywood Conservatory I quit looking for it!  LOL I just assumed there was one but I realized the Hollywood conservatory is where the Sanctuary would have been.  Can someone confirm for me on Sky Princess that the Sanctuary is one level up from the retreat pool?  The deck plans show there are cabins surrounding the retreat pool on Sky.

We stayed on ship’s time in Puerto Vallarta.  

Some food options were outstanding, some were okay and some were inedible.  Sadly the Beef Wellington fell in the third group.  Very small, grisly, tough piece of meat.  Maybe 5 bites of meat.  I usually order it when it’s on the menu so I know how they used to prepare it. The Surf and Turf last night had 2 shrimp and a small piece of filet that was 1/2” thick.  The meat had an odd flavor too.  They would have gladly brought something else but I requested all the side dishes that went with the turkey so I didn’t need more.  The omelets in the buffet are smaller than they used to be which I really like.  If you prefer larger omelets you can order two.  One thing that didn’t change are the teatime scones and clotted cream at 3:30.  Happily they haven’t changed at all in the 20 years I have been cruising Princess.  There is definitely a decline in overall quality and/or choice of food in the buffet and dining room. I understand Princess is trying to stay in business.  I certainly didn’t starve and I paid so little for this cruise that it really is unfair to hold Princess to a standard of past years.  As I stated earlier once cruising returns to normal in volume of passengers and price my expectation will rise as well.

I can’t state enough how wonderful the staff were.  From the officers to the woman cleaning the public restroom I was wished an unsolicited good day.  After my conversation with the dining room manager (explained earlier) I was given the same table and wait staff each night.  I did not request this.  I was greeted by name every night.  They were amazing.  During a brief lull I asked my waiter if he had a family at home.  He said yes a wife and three kids.  He said the youngest was 7 months then he leaned in and cupped his mouth with his hand and said conspiratorially: “he’s a covid baby!”  We both laughed!

Final thoughts.  I would not hesitate to cruise solo again.  It is a completely different experience but not in a bad way.  Interaction with other passengers can be as much or as little as one desires.  I don’t think I would do the Mexican Riviera in the winter again.  The weather was too chilly to enjoy outdoor activities on the sea days.  Even the balcony was too cool to enjoy on these days.  This made the indoor public areas crowded.  I can’t imagine how crowded it would be on a ship sailing at maximum capacity.  

We have an Eastern Caribbean cruise booked for November on Sky Princess.  I was able to nab one of the coveted forward facing cabin with the big balcony.  

• Like 1

On 2/25/2022 at 5:08 AM, duffinvt said:

New to big ship cruising and doing a July trip on Majestic in Alaska. Have signed up for several excursions.  Do they supply bottled water/ponchos?   American  Queen steamboat did for each passenger as they left for their excursion.  It was nice  !   OR , where to get a bottle of water?  

We learned on our last Princess cruise that you can pre-order ( for like $7 or $8) a case of bottled water to be delivered to your stateroom. It will be waiting in your cabin. We ordered this even though we also got the water bottles with the beverage package, it is a very nice and convenient way to start off with a great supply of water. Also note that you cannot order the case of water during the cruise so make sure to take care of it in advance.

Enjoy that cruise to Alaska, I'm sure it will be wonderful!

2 hours ago, californiagirl said:

Can someone confirm for me on Sky Princess that the Sanctuary is one level up from the retreat pool?

On the Sky Princess the Sanctuary is one level up from the retreat pool. The retreat pool is on deck 17 and the Sanctuary is on deck 18. I found the retreat pool to be very cold and windy when we sailed for 2 weeks in November. This made me really miss the Hollywood Pool on the Majestic. 

5 hours ago, californiagirl said:

We stayed on ship’s time in Puerto Vallarta.  

How strange.  This is what I remember from plenty of MexRiv cruises, but the Feb 26 Platter that was posted on another Majestic thread shows that they will be changing clocks the night after Mazatlan so that PV local time and ship's time will be in sync for PV.

I wish Princess would be consistent, so I would know what time (local PV time) we will arrive, for setting up excursions!

I was wondering if anyone has any advice on eating in ports whether on your own or included lunches with a shore excursion. Would  you recommend our family to take doses of Ducoral (for “Montezuma’s revenge”) ahead of our trip?

54 minutes ago, Arya3 said:

I was wondering if anyone has any advice on eating in ports whether on your own or included lunches with a shore excursion. Would  you recommend our family to take doses of Ducoral (for “Montezuma’s revenge”) ahead of our trip?

We always eat in local restaurants in port. Not concerned

On 2/26/2022 at 4:48 PM, Mike45LC said:

How strange.  This is what I remember from plenty of MexRiv cruises, but the Feb 26 Platter that was posted on another Majestic thread shows that they will be changing clocks the night after Mazatlan so that PV local time and ship's time will be in sync for PV.

I wish Princess would be consistent, so I would know what time (local PV time) we will arrive, for setting up excursions!

This may be at the discretion of the Captain. Majestic Princess has a different Captain this week than past cruises. When we were on in Jan and Feb we stayed on ships time from Mazatlan and never changed for PV. 

1 hour ago, sunviking90 said:

This may be at the discretion of the Captain. Majestic Princess has a different Captain this week than past cruises. When we were on in Jan and Feb we stayed on ships time from Mazatlan and never changed for PV. 

The only thing consistent about Princess Cruises is that they are always inconsistent!!  I will go with the flow, but it makes it hard to know what time to schedule a non-ship's tour for!  Maybe that is part of the plan.  But for PV next month, we are on a ship's excursion, so we don't have to worry.