The Daily for Monday 02/21/2022

richwmn

28 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Sandi, I know the ice pack hurts, but it is a very good remedy for swelling and pain for next 3 or 4 days. Tylenol helped Allen and he stuck with the ice packs. He looked like he took on a famous boxer for a few days. He's had 3 MOHS surgeries now on his face and ice was a great help. Hang in there dear sister. Love you! (Prayers for Jen) xx

Joy, I have that ice pack at the ready here.  I promise to be a good girl and not skip that remedy.  I just took a second dose of Extra Strength Tylenol, too.  The pain is ramping up some so don't want to let it get ahead of me.  

20 minutes ago, dfish said:

Sandi, thank you for keeping us updated.  We are all concerned and wondering how she is doing, so the updates help us.  It is sad to hear about the hearing loss given how many other disabilities she has.  And, to be able to walk at all while being paralyzed on one side.  Yes, she is a feisty one!   

Thank you Debbie.  In thinking about it, I don't know how a person who has paralysis on their entire right side can walk at all.  I knew she had a limp but I never paid close attention to how she moved her right leg.  Amazing!

Edited by StLouisCruisers
  • Like 12

Good evening.

@StLouisCruisers Sandi, I hope you got some rest and your pain has subsided. I am praying for Jen and your entire family.

@Cruzin TerriTerri, I was so happy to read that you are pain free.

@irishjim Jim, praying Sheila gets good news and wishing you an early happy birthday. 🎂

DH and I received two pieces of news this afternoon...

1. Our Covid tests were negative.🥳

2. And this...

Sent Mon, Feb 21, 2022

Delayed Embarkation

Vacations To Go has received a very important notification regarding your upcoming cruise.

The notification is copied below:

"Dear Guest,

We're so excited to welcome you onboard for our February 22nd, 2022 Mariner of the Seas sailing! Before you make your way to the cruise terminal, we have a change to our check-in window to share.

Due to a non-COVID related medical debark on our last voyage, we had to make a detour on our way back to Port Canaveral, Florida to medically evacuate a guest. As a result, the ship will return later than originally scheduled tomorrow, and we'll have to move down our check-in time. Additionally, due to this change, we'll arrival into Nassau, Bahamas a little later than originally planned. We're very sorry for this last-minute change and truly appreciate your understanding during this critical situation, knowing we'd do the same for you or a loved one with a medical emergency.

Seating in the terminal is very limited and boarding can't begin until the previous guests have departed, so as mentioned previously, our check-in window and departure will be delayed for our February 22nd, 2022 Mariner of the Seas sailing. We now expect to begin check-in at 2:30 PM. In order to have the smoothest boarding experience, please arrive 3 hours after your originally scheduled arrival window. It's important that you stick to your new arrival window, since space is limited in the terminal. Arriving at your originally selected arrival time will result in being turned away until your new time. All guests should be checked-in and onboard by 5:30 PM. If you're traveling with unvaccinated children in your party, please arrive before 4:30 PM.

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation. See you soon!

We are very happy to still be boarding and sailing tomorrow.

Stay well everyone. Praying for you all, especially those in the path of more storms.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

While this challenge may seem difficult for many of us, it really shouldn't be.

May be an image of text that says 'Join the 3 days challenge! NO ALCOHOL ON FEBRUARY 29, 30 and 31!'

Here's the latest survival guide to the coming storm and cold temperatures.

May be a cartoon of one or more people and text that says 'Crabby Road 1-29-12 The secret to surviving the cold is to puton enoиAb layers that ycu caй tfit through the door to go outside. gaagher ©Hallmark Licensing, Inc. Maxine.com'

And  if you're not sure you believe the weather forecast, you could try this.

May be an image of text that says 'I'M READY FOR THE REST OF THIS WEEK! HAVE MY UMBRELLA, MY FLIP FLOPS, MY MITTENS MY SUNTAN LOTION, MY WINTER COAT, " MY SUNGLASSES MY THERMALS MY ICED TEA AND MY HOT CHOCOLATE! EUNNYTHOUGHTS ANDJOKES'

Lenda

Lenda, how did you know I've been abstaining from wine the past 2 nights??  It was recommended by the surgeon but I sure will relish the next glass I have!

2 hours ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Sandi, you know I cannot like this development.  The severe hearing loss is not good, but hopefully that is all the permanent damage she will suffer.

You are not dominating the Daily, but keeping your friends informed.

Lenda

2 hours ago, JazzyV said:

Don't worry about posting, we want to know and be here for you! Sorry to hear about the hearing loss, but the brain can sometimes rebound beyond expectations. I certainly hope so for Jen's sake, as she has been through so much.

1 hour ago, kazu said:

You never be considered to be dominating, ever!  We care and while the update is sad, we are grateful to hear it.

Really sorry about Jennifer’s hearing loss - I sure hope she can recover BP and dizziness wise and get to rehab 🙏🏻 

Prayers for her 🙏🏻 

What a beautiful inscription on his stone, Roy.

I hope the visit gave you some peace and closure as as as it was ♥️ 

1 hour ago, bennybear said:

Never dominating with updates!  Sorry to hear about Jen’s hearing loss, praying it will be minimal! 

Thanks ladies!  Life has sure thrown this family some curve balls this past year.  It's been a great experience getting to know and share things with this wonderful group.

• Like 12

5 minutes ago, JAM37 said:

Good evening.

@StLouisCruisers Sandi, I hope you got some rest and your pain has subsided. I am praying for Jen and your entire family.

@Cruzin TerriTerri, I was so happy to read that you are pain free.

@irishjim Jim, praying Sheila gets good news and wishing you an early happy birthday. 🎂

DH and I received two pieces of news this afternoon...

1. Our Covid tests were negative.🥳

2. And this...

Sent Mon, Feb 21, 2022

Delayed Embarkation

Vacations To Go has received a very important notification regarding your upcoming cruise.

The notification is copied below:

"Dear Guest,

We're so excited to welcome you onboard for our February 22nd, 2022 Mariner of the Seas sailing! Before you make your way to the cruise terminal, we have a change to our check-in window to share.

Due to a non-COVID related medical debark on our last voyage, we had to make a detour on our way back to Port Canaveral, Florida to medically evacuate a guest. As a result, the ship will return later than originally scheduled tomorrow, and we'll have to move down our check-in time. Additionally, due to this change, we'll arrival into Nassau, Bahamas a little later than originally planned. We're very sorry for this last-minute change and truly appreciate your understanding during this critical situation, knowing we'd do the same for you or a loved one with a medical emergency.

Seating in the terminal is very limited and boarding can't begin until the previous guests have departed, so as mentioned previously, our check-in window and departure will be delayed for our February 22nd, 2022 Mariner of the Seas sailing. We now expect to begin check-in at 2:30 PM. In order to have the smoothest boarding experience, please arrive 3 hours after your originally scheduled arrival window. It's important that you stick to your new arrival window, since space is limited in the terminal. Arriving at your originally selected arrival time will result in being turned away until your new time. All guests should be checked-in and onboard by 5:30 PM. If you're traveling with unvaccinated children in your party, please arrive before 4:30 PM.

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation. See you soon!

We are very happy to still be boarding and sailing tomorrow.

Stay well everyone. Praying for you all, especially those in the path of more storms.

Julia, thanks for thinking of us during this busy time for you.  Your kindness is so appreciated!

And what a disappointment about the late boarding tomorrow.  However I can completely understand their reasons since as they say you would expect the best care taken of youself or your family member under the same circumstances.  I'm sure they will try to make it up to you!  Enjoy! 

• Like 11

@StLouisCruisers  You and your niece have been in my thoughts all day.

a2d06e48e7cc685b182dff3667dcd544.jpg

DH has come to the conclusion that my camera just is done.  Batteries didn't help, we replaced the internal battery too.  Nada, nothing.  So I guess I should ask for a new camera for my birthday.

I had a sale today!  Yay!

I also came to the realization last night that in order to pay for the May vacation (not a cruise) I will need to work 30 hours a week, not 25, and it will be a split shift in order to be able to fix dinner, household chores, and the cat care.  The BFF is paying for our daily "excursions".  A breakfast cruise on Tarpon Bay,  visit to  CROW,  car pass for Ding.  Since he flies down to be with us, we don't feel we should charge him anything for his room in the condo. 

DH starts back to work this Wednesday, but vacations are my responsibility, that and the house hold bills including mortgage.  Hopefully he will get a long running campaign.  I'll let him cover food.  Or all stops at Cracker Barrel.😁

Have a great evening!

• Like 14
  • Thanks 2

@StLouisCruisers,Sandi,I hope your headache has decreased and you are able to get some rest.It sounds very painful .

I feel so badly about your niece but she sounds like a fighter.  Determined people usually do amazingly well in spite of decreased motor control and other deficits.I hope she is stable enough for rehab soon.

Take care of yourself.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, marshhawk said:

@StLouisCruisers  You and your niece have been in my thoughts all day.

a2d06e48e7cc685b182dff3667dcd544.jpg

DH has come to the conclusion that my camera just is done.  Batteries didn't help, we replaced the internal battery too.  Nada, nothing.  So I guess I should ask for a new camera for my birthday.

I had a sale today!  Yay!

I also came to the realization last night that in order to pay for the May vacation (not a cruise) I will need to work 30 hours a week, not 25, and it will be a split shift in order to be able to fix dinner, household chores, and the cat care.  The BFF is paying for our daily "excursions".  A breakfast cruise on Tarpon Bay,  visit to  CROW,  car pass for Ding.  Since he flies down to be with us, we don't feel we should charge him anything for his room in the condo. 

DH starts back to work this Wednesday, but vacations are my responsibility, that and the house hold bills including mortgage.  Hopefully he will get a long running campaign.  I'll let him cover food.  Or all stops at Cracker Barrel.😁

Have a great evening!

I'm going to agree with the other Anns, that there can never too many Anns on this Daily.  So unless you really prefer we call you Annie, you shall be Ann to me!  Thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to think of me and my niece Jen.  I'm going to be optimistic and say she will conquer this latest setback.  Good luck with your budgeting.  You're going to need this vacay!

10 minutes ago, smitty34877 said:

@StLouisCruisers,Sandi,I hope your headache has decreased and you are able to get some rest.It sounds very painful .

I feel so badly about your niece but she sounds like a fighter.  Determined people usually do amazingly well in spite of decreased motor control and other deficits.I hope she is stable enough for rehab soon.

Take care of yourself.

Terry, if anyone here knows anything about determination it would be you, Tana, and your family.  All fighters.  Don't worry about me...I'll be better tomorrow I'm sure.  The Tylenol is helping.  Goodnight all!

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

@StLouisCruisers, I’m glad you came through your surgery with flying colours, even if you might be wearing some of them around your eyes!  A good idea on the extra strength Tylenol to get ahead of the pain, too.   How disappointing to hear of the damage your niece sustained,  She sounds like unite a determined girl though, especially after all she’s been through to this point.  She may surprise you when she gets into rehab; I’ll keep her in my prayers for the coming days.

@JAM37sorry you have to wait a little longer to board your cruise, just enjoy every minute once you get onboard.

Smooth Sailing!🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Sorry, I don't want to dominate the topics today, but I have another doctor update for Jennifer.  There is some damage noted.

Dr came in & showed us the CT scans & the fracture. It's the part of the skull that is basically right above her right ear & behind it.  There's several fractures. Will be monitoring her for several days to make sure her BP remains stable, dizziness, etc.  She is going to have significant hearing loss in the right ear.  The goal is for her to be stable enough to get to the rehab floor, insurance permitting.

I'm sad about the significant hearing loss.  She's already suffered enough.  But Jen (her preferred nickname) is a real fighter.  She'll get through this.🤞🙏

This is such a caring thread and the updates are appreciated by concerned friend's and your posts are very welcome.

Prayers 🙏 for Jen who has sadly had to endure all her health issues.

I hope you feel a lot better this morning Sandi.

Graham.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

On 2/21/2022 at 6:57 AM, aliaschief said:

Good morning everyone! Just read through up to here. Always feel Blessed after reading about others woes and ailments. My day will come but very grateful for present health. I will continue to keep on praying for better days for those on list.

President’s Day but here it’s laundry day.☹️

Now that we have our house back we will start prepping for our upcoming cruises in two weeks. Under current conditions we hate the thought of possibly testing positive and not being able to embark. Azamara test at the port and then we test again for our Back to Back on Rotterdam. All you can do is be extra cautious and hope for the best.🙏🤞

Thanks Rich and Roy and to all of our frequent readers and contributors. Have a great week.

Trying to figure out how to convince my DH that we should try cruising again. I follow Roy's blogs and so glad he's back on board a ship 

Quick question: How long is it taking for passport renewals? Ours expire in December - might need it for an April land trip to Texas, but don't want to wait too long.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, kahtrav said:

Trying to figure out how to convince my DH that we should try cruising again. I follow Roy's blogs and so glad he's back on board a ship 

Quick question: How long is it taking for passport renewals? Ours expire in December - might need it for an April land trip to Texas, but don't want to wait too long.

I mailed ours out for renewal on Friday Jan. 14.  Due to the holiday the following Monday that probably delayed arrival in Philadelphia by a day.  I checked online at the State Dept. and they were accepted and check cashed on Jan. 20th.  On Feb. 2 they were approved and said printing was in process and we would receive by Feb. 8.  They actually arrived Feb. 7.  Please note I sent ours out as EXPEDITED due to reports prior to that of them taking months to get back.  In all from time I mailed them out to getting the new ones was 3.5 weeks.  Excellent service actually.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, StLouisCruisers said:

I mailed ours out for renewal on Friday Jan. 14.  Due to the holiday the following Monday that probably delayed arrival in Philadelphia by a day.  I checked online at the State Dept. and they were accepted and check cashed on Jan. 20th.  On Feb. 2 they were approved and said printing was in process and we would receive by Feb. 8.  They actually arrived Feb. 7.  Please note I sent ours out as EXPEDITED due to reports prior to that of them taking months to get back.  In all from time I mailed them out to getting the new ones was 3.5 weeks.  Excellent service actually.

I had the same experience as Sandi did with my passport renewal.  I also paid for expedited.  I mailed the form on  I mailed mine in on January 22nd and received the new one on February 12th.   My sister sent hers in on January 15th and it is still in progress.  

• Like 4