Question about bar area of Prime 7 and Chartreuse on Explorer and Splendor.

vegasdriven

58 minutes ago, vegasdriven said:

Thanks! At the risk of sounding like I have a problem😊, does coffee connection serve beer or wine?

I assume Meridian, and Splendor lounge are not open during the daytime.

No wine and beer at coffee connection. If there is an event going on (like bingo in the Meridian Bar) then they open the bar. But in general during day they don’t serve alcohol. But they are “open” if you want a quiet place to read. 

10 hours ago, macbest said:

No wine and beer at coffee connection. If there is an event going on (like bingo in the Meridian Bar) then they open the bar. But in general during day they don’t serve alcohol. But they are “open” if you want a quiet place to read. 

You can enjoy Champagne at Coffee Connection even in the morning.  We did on both Mariner and Splendor earlier this year. 🍾

• Like 1

11 hours ago, macbest said:

Coffee Connection has a limited selection of alcohol for coffee drinks, i.e. Kahlua, Bailey's, Jameson's, etc. that is available all day - I generally drink my coffee black, but there's something to be said for a caramel latte with Bailey's to kick start your late morning fun...

• Like 4

On 2/21/2022 at 6:50 PM, vegasdriven said:

Do these bars actually function as bars? If you show up before your reservation time, will they serve you a cocktail, or will you just sit and wait till your table is ready?

To Original Poster:

Am now on Explorer (6th cruise on her). Yes, these bars function as bars. Open whenever the restaurant is open. Both bars have 2 tables with 3 or 4 attractive chairs each. Prime 7 is a stand-up bar with a foot rest "bar"; Chartreuse has 6 bar stool/chairs. Full selection of libations,

They sound like small bar areas that are meant for those dining at the restaurant who have shown up before their table is ready (which has happened to us on Voyager where we had to wait outside the restaurant for a later seating). If I wasn't waiting for my reservation, and just wanted to have cocktails, I would go to one of the real bars.

• Like 1

There is one definite advantage to the Charteuse bar.  I find that the Pouilly-Fuisse served in Charteuse to be superior to the normal chardonnay served in the other venues.  I've often wondered if I could take advantage of that knowledge.  Now it appears I can, if only you folks don't have the place packed while swilling the French chardonnay. 

You can get that same Pouilly-Fuisse at any venue on the ship, it is not exclusive to Chartreuse. We found it on the list of complementary wines early in our recent Explorer cruise and had it many nights in Observation Lounge, CR, Prime 7, etc. 

• Like 1

On the Mariner the CC has the Russian Chocolate drink on it's menu, but when my LW asked for the Black Forrest Coffee that is on the desert menu(s) they didn't skip a beat and had someone go to Stars Lounge to get the needed libations.   I was pleasantly impressed.

On 2/24/2022 at 1:52 PM, BQEC said:

Thank you. I love Pouilly-Fuisse!

My wife liked the Pouilly-Fuisse so much and ordered it so often they just started figuring out our routine (e.g. lunch outside in La Veranda) and started stocking it in our various frequented spots. We also really enjoyed the Macon Village Chardonnay they have on board. 

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, Jimmcdaniel said:

My wife liked the Pouilly-Fuisse so much and ordered it so often they just started figuring out our routine (e.g. lunch outside in La Veranda) and started stocking it in our various frequented spots. We also really enjoyed the Macon Village Chardonnay they have on board. 

Thanks Jim. Good to know!! Is that Chard unoaked?