Vaccinations for Guests 5 and Older

CHEZMARYLOU

Celebrity has updated their web site regarding vaccinations for kids.  "All crew and guests who are eligible to be vaccinated must be fully vaccinated with all initial doses administered at least 14 days prior to sailing.  Effective April 15, 2022, this will include all guests 5 years of age and older on sailings departing the US."  Boosters are not required at this time.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

Good they are finally clarifying. For a while there was conflicting info, because some places said "all eligible guests" and other places said "12 and older".

I believe the conflicting info was because some countries were not permitting vaccination of children under 12 yrs.   The "eligible guests" term allowed for this variation.

Edited by mom says

40 minutes ago, mom says said:

I believe the conflicting info was because some countries were not permitting vaccination of children under 12 yrs.   The "eligible guests" term allowed for this variation.

They announced the change from 12 to 5 back in November effective in February, then quickly pulled it back a few days later. They never required anyone under 12 to be vaccinated and now apparently won't until April.  With the new guidelines, kids under 5 don't count against the 95% vaccination rate.  

1 minute ago, TeeRick said:

Unfortunately not yet for us!

Our 8 Grandkids are now ages 13-22. When we sailed with the entire family to celebrate our 45th and 50th anniversaries, we sailed RCI to ensure they would have a great time...and they did flow riding, sky diving, go cart driving, etc. 

The few times we saw children on a Celebrity sailing, the Grandma in me always came out to talk to them and sometimes play with them.  

38 minutes ago, Loracpin2 said:

Our 8 Grandkids are now ages 13-22. When we sailed with the entire family to celebrate our 45th and 50th anniversaries, we sailed RCI to ensure they would have a great time...and they did flow riding, sky diving, go cart driving, etc. 

The few times we saw children on a Celebrity sailing, the Grandma in me always came out to talk to them and sometimes play with them.  

You are blessed to have 8 grandkids.  We would take our grandkids if we had any on a RCCL cruise too.  Not Celebrity.

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

You are blessed to have 8 grandkids.  We would take our grandkids if we had any on a RCCL cruise too.  Not Celebrity.

Thank you so much. We had our 55th booked on RCCL for this year as well but ended up cancelling due to both family scheduling conflicts that weren't there when we booked in 2021 and new health issues. 

We have 5 Grand kid (2-15 and love them dearly.   I'm just not sure I would invite them to share a cabin with us.   I do enjoy seeing kids aboard and wonder if they are having fun without all the amenities of a RCL ship.  

I've seen them a lot lately helping my son rehab a house and when 3-4 of them are fighting, screaming and crying - I put in my noise cancelling AirPods and turn up some classical music.   It must be something about growing older and loosing the ability to block out all the noise.   I guess I'm just an old curmudgeon.  

• Like 2

Finally!

We had seen the late January date back in November and we’re surprised when it was backtracked. 

Our Feb 14 Silhouette sailing had 2 guests under 18, one 13 and one 16. The daily still made the statement about guests under 12 being ineligible for vaccination and therefore required to take Celebrity tours.   We sailed in December and spoke to someone with a fully vaccinated 9 year old.  There was not even a place for them to upload his vaccine card and they said it was a bit of a mess at check-in, as no one was prepared for vaccinated under 12.  However, when COVID invaded the kids club, they were VERY glad their son was vaxed, as he tested negative twice while many of the unvaccinated tested positive halfway through the cruise.

47 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

We have 5 Grand kid (2-15 and love them dearly.   I'm just not sure I would invite them to share a cabin with us.   I do enjoy seeing kids aboard and wonder if they are having fun without all the amenities of a RCL ship.  

I've seen them a lot lately helping my son rehab a house and when 3-4 of them are fighting, screaming and crying - I put in my noise cancelling AirPods and turn up some classical music.   It must be something about growing older and loosing the ability to block out all the noise.   I guess I'm just an old curmudgeon.  

I agree. Ours have never been in a cabin with us no matter what their ages. We are a total of 16 when we've cruised with all three families. On the first one in 2012, each family had 2 adjoining Oceanview rooms on the Freedom of the Seas. On our 50th Anniversary sailing, each family had 2 adjoining balcony rooms on the Anthem. For the 55th (we cancelled) each family had 2 balcony cabins (not all adjoining) booked on the Oasis!!

19 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Jim we cruised with our two teen kids (at that time) quite a bit on RCCL years ago.  But we never shared a cabin with them.  We would usually book a Jr Suite and book an Inside Cabin for them across the hall.  We have never shared a cabin with anybody in all our years of cruising.

4 hours ago, upwarduk said:

UK resident’s children 5-11 are now eligible for the vaccine. 
Wonder what how that will effect sailings from Southampton this summer.

We are sailing out of Southampton on Silhouette on Aug 29th.  Not sure yet what the pre-testing rules will be.  So it is hard to make flight arrangements at this point to the UK.  But we will at least be vaccinated and boosted.

• Like 1