Platinum and Elite Lounge

Kansas Gal

Any updates to the Platinum Elite lounge post covid? Are the drinks still $6.50 and are there a variety of snacks available each night? I have not been on Princess in a while but looking forward to coming back since they will now sail close to home.  I can't wait to order some of my favorite Princess desserts. Tired of Royal Caribbean dog food served in the main dining room.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 4/17/2023 at 7:47 AM, MissP22 said:

I didn't realize that.

Perhaps it might limit children at night except when used as a PE lounge.

Let us know how it works out. 

Our kids were always welcome in the HC on Majestic when we sailed on her 3 times after return to service. We chilled in the forward location.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, rolloman said:

Any updates to the Platinum Elite lounge post covid? Are the drinks still $6.50 and are there a variety of snacks available each night? I have not been on Princess in a while but looking forward to coming back since they will now sail close to home.  I can't wait to order some of my favorite Princess desserts. Tired of Royal Caribbean dog food served in the main dining room.

Drinks are $8.50 for elite lounge plus 18% service charge. 

• Like 2

On 2/26/2022 at 11:37 AM, Thrak said:

This is obviously old but shows discounted drink menu for the PES "lounge". 

image.png.d8edd0db95aae65777b47f8c186e26f1.png

Oh the Steak Tartare and the Wheel of Stilton - makes my mouth water just thinking about it.  I haven't seen a card or menu foir the PES since the restart.  I just ask the attending chef what night the Steak Tartare will be.  YUMMMMM

• Like 2

On 5/10/2023 at 5:35 PM, rolloman said:

Don't remember the price of the drinks since we have had Princess Plus which included drinks.
And yes, they still have a variety of snacks very much or identical to what was offered pre covid.

• Like 3

Currently onboard the Regal and I’ve been very impressed with the offering. It’s not well attended but they offer a new hot dish every night that you cannot get anywhere else. We have had pork egg rolls, chimichangas, samosas, meatballs. We had a shrimp fountain one night. 

here is a photo from the first day. There is always the cheese, nuts, fruit, veggies and dressing (it changes every night), some cold seafood dish, a hot dish, fruit and a dessert. 

we are on a 12 night cruise and it’s available every night except for the captains circle party. 

IMG_9308.thumb.jpeg.87dbcbd71d1287153c3e5452baba1f27.jpeg

IMG_9321.thumb.jpeg.b6fbf5d66a6939465f635c9a64ee73bc.jpeg

IMG_9320.thumb.jpeg.c308ccbc1a1a7f88fb07e7cee3c6e1ed.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 4

5 hours ago, SiliconCruiser said:

I finally went to one when we were on the Crown.  Not well attended, and pretty much confirmed that it was just a venue to sell drinks.  Overall, I was not impressed by the food offerings.

Same thing on the Enchanted when they were in the Caribbean. Nothing to get very excited about and much less crowded sing many now travel with the package. 

• Like 1

It was held in the Explorers Lounge on the Coral Princess (which doesn't have Skywalkers) last month.  The food selection was very much like that on the Regal in post #60.  Plus a couple of times a week (it was a 4 week cruise), we had live musical entertainment.  The only drawback was that it was very popular and and drink deliveries were very slow.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 2/26/2022 at 2:19 PM, satxdiver said:

We are on the Enchanted for a 10-day cruise about to end.  We were given an 8x11 sheet of paper with the times for the PES lounge, wine tasting and Captain's Circle Party.  The PES lounge is open from 4:30 to 6:30 every night except the night of the Captain's Circle party.  There is a smack table set up with different offerings all served by the staff (no self-service) but no advance notice of what is offered.  One night they had the boiled shrimp which I love but just happened to be there that night.  There are no discounted drinks offered.   Most though have the Plus package so all the alcoholic drinks are included (less than $15 I believe).

What venue is it in on the Enchanted?

• Like 1

On 5/15/2023 at 12:47 AM, SiliconCruiser said:

I finally went to one when we were on the Crown.  Not well attended, and pretty much confirmed that it was just a venue to sell drinks.  Overall, I was not impressed by the food offerings.

Sell drinks? Most everyone has the Plus package so who could they be selling to?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, suzyed said:

Sell drinks? Most everyone has the Plus package so who could they be selling to?

We don't have the plus pkg so the few drinks we have we pay for.

Edited by 1965
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, EDDY0827 said:

To those of us who didn't buy a package, those that have 1 or 2 a day.

Right, but the purpose of the Platinum/Elite/Suite lounge it not to "sell drinks" it's to offer a nice place for pre-dinner snacks and a drink at a discounted price if you choose to imbibe.

Edited by suzyed
  • Like 4

I would very much appreciate:

4:30 opening time.  Can never get to it when it is at 5 PM in Skywalkers

Wish they would hold it at a venue closer to the MDRs.  Skywalkers is just too out of the way.

Wish they would include fixings/menu for the day.  It is a hit and miss otherwise.

Out of my last 5 cruises, I think I've attended maybe 4 different days.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, suzyed said:

Right, but the purpose of the Platinum/Elite/Suite lounge it not to "sell drinks" it's to offer a nice place for pre-dinner snacks and a drink at a discounted price if you choose to imbibe.

Whatever the reason, they sure have dumber down the snacks to what I consider minimal. Other than to receive a small discount, there not much reason to attend any longer.  

• Like 1

Just off the Sky and we had the usual veggies, cheeses, nuts, fruit, rolls, pretzels and crackers each day.  Plus there was a cold item and hot item that changed each night.  On the Sky it was 5 to 7 in the Vista Lounge.  One night - don't know why - it was held in   Princess Live.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, MissP22 said:

Whatever the reason, they sure have dumber down the snacks to what I consider minimal. Other than to receive a small discount, there not much reason to attend any longer.  

I have found that the food choices remain pretty much the same as always.
Your experience may differ.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, suzyed said:

I have found that the food choices remain pretty much the same as always.
Your experience may differ.

Maybe 10 years ago on the Crown or Emerald it was definitely a better offering. I can remember a pile of really large shrimp instead of just a few presented in a glass as well as beef tartare. My thinking is why bother with the P/E/S lounge since it only makes you late for dinner and the show, especially if you want choice seats and avoid the crowd for dinner.

• Like 1

Can we take a slight turn with this thread as it applies to the Platinum/Elite Lounge in the Embarkation port?

Is there an ability to sign up for times in the Sanctuary while waiting in the Platinum/Elite lounge, in the port, prior to embarkation?

• Like 1

We attended the P/E reception several nights on our recent 14 day Enchanted Med cruise and were pleasantly surprised by the variety and quality of the foods that were offered.  We had read negative reports before we left and weren’t expecting much, but each night there was a differing variety of hors d’oeuvres that were similar to those in Steelers0854’s photos.  The reception was in the Take Five Lounge and the time worked well for us as we dine later.  Can’t comment on the cost of drinks as we were on the Plus Package.

• Like 4