Saint Greg's Sailabration - LIVE - Carnival Glory March 5th-13th 2022

Saint Greg

HI all!

Saint Greg ~ this time last week I was on the last day of my 7 day Glory cruise. I had a great time. Cam was good as a CD. I attended the Military Appreciation event for the 1st time & found it moving.

How about using some of the OBC for the Chef's Table?

Looking forward to following your voyage & Jamman's too.

Have a great time & stay safe.

~ Jo ~ 😊

• Like 1

Guest BasicSailor
3 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

Cruising out of New Orleans you can get the original charbroiled oysters at Drago's. This is from just before my last Glory cruise.

8-BCE7-F38-3826-4-DB0-AC58-EF533-E0-E1-A

When in Lafayette I like to get something called jacked up oysters. These are done with pepperjack cheese and jalapeno.

STOP, STOP! you're killing me already🤪 See the source image. Somebody shut this review down !

7 minutes ago, retiring soon said:

HI all!

Saint Greg ~ this time last week I was on the last day of my 7 day Glory cruise. I had a great time. Cam was good as a CD. I attended the Military Appreciation event for the 1st time & found it moving.

How about using some of the OBC for the Chef's Table?

Looking forward to following your voyage & Jamman's too.

Have a great time & stay safe.

~ Jo ~ 😊

I'm not going to have any problem spending the OBC. I think I may go over by a couple hundred. I'm going to buy cheers, excursions, autograts, internet, steakhouse, and write-in tips. I've never done the Chef's table. Maybe one day. But I don't think I have the patience for it. I don't like to spend two hours in the dining room.

• Like 6

Guest BasicSailor
40 minutes ago, ninjacat123 said:

If the Mayan ruins in Costa Maya don't work out, you could go to The Krazy Lobster.  Here is my mini review:

Seaweed and the tropical fish too.Shark Vector

Speaking of the OBC I actually had a discounted cheers package on this cruise. I think back during the shutdown they discounted 20% for cruises within like 6 months and 10% for later ones. I bought it for all of my cruises. All got canceled except this one. My TA did save one of the 20% discounted ones by transferring it to my Celebration cruise in November. This one was a 10% discounted package that survived. My OBC is actually 800. and I have a 100 cruise cash that I purchased discounted during the shutdown. I figured with Cheers paid for there was no way I could spend $900 on Glory. I was coming up with 200-300 left over any way I sliced it. So I canceled the package. I'm going to put that $400 towards Alaska. And I'll buy the package onboard and maybe go over by a 100 or 200.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, monykalyn said:

Yay!! another live review to pass the time until we board the 12th on Panorama! And will have @MeganGC1983when we get back to help with post cruise blues! Interested in how sailing out of NO is -same as Galveston where Cheers doesn’t kick in until second day?

Cheers starts immediately in NOLA.

• Like 5

Let’s get this Party Started...

We’ll be boarding our first cruise back on the 18th.  

A few days after you disembark.  

This will be just over 2 years since our last planned cruise was cancelled - 03/15/20 cruise @ the beginning of the Pandemic.  

It’s been a Long 2 Years!!!

Thanks to Greg & so many others who’ve kept us going w/ their reviews!!!

Cheers & Von Boyage (as we say in our family...)

Edited by Von & John
  • Like 9

On 2/26/2022 at 5:35 PM, Saint Greg said:

Speaking of the OBC I actually had a discounted cheers package on this cruise. I think back during the shutdown they discounted 20% for cruises within like 6 months and 10% for later ones. I bought it for all of my cruises. All got canceled except this one. My TA did save one of the 20% discounted ones by transferring it to my Celebration cruise in November. This one was a 10% discounted package that survived. My OBC is actually 800. and I have a 100 cruise cash that I purchased discounted during the shutdown. I figured with Cheers paid for there was no way I could spend $900 on Glory. I was coming up with 200-300 left over any way I sliced it. So I canceled the package. I'm going to put that $400 towards Alaska. And I'll buy the package onboard and maybe go over by a 100 or 200.

Fair warning on the discounted cruise cash...  We bought 2 of these early on ($80 for $100 cruise cash).  We used this on a 4 day cruise out of Galveston in late January on the Breeze.  On my statement these showed up as $80 credit each.  On the 1st sea day afternoon (Friday) I went to Guest Services to inquire.  I had to explain fully what it was and fortunately had taken screen shots of the cruise cash on my account.  It was corrected by Sunday.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ronkeykong said:

Fair warning on the discounted cruise cash...  We bought 2 of these early on ($80 for $100 cruise cash).  We used this on a 4 day cruise out of Galveston in late January on the Breeze.  On my statement these showed up as $80 credit each.  On the 1st sea day afternoon (Friday) I went to Guest Services to inquire.  I had to explain fully what it was and fortunately had taken screen shots of the cruise cash on my account.  It was corrected by Sunday.  

Thanks. I'll get all of the screenshots I need and make sure it shows up on my account as it should.

• Like 4

Happy Lundi Gras!

I really thought we would have ports by now. At worst I thought they were waiting to announce them this morning. Still waiting. 

My to do list is done. I checked off everything this past weekend. Just waiting on Thursday.

• Like 6