Does the war between Ukraine & Russia effect your travel plans?

3red7s

31 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

The better question is will Celebrity continue to buy any more Russian made vodka?

The better question is do they even buy any? Unless they have Russian Standard in the well, none of their listed vodkas are from Russia. There's a video of a bartender at Magic Mountain in Vermont pouring Stolichnaya down the drain; it's distilled and bottled in Latvia (ownership is a little fuzzy in my mind, but the product is clearly Latvian) and the company is apparently headquartered in Ukraine...

10 minutes ago, markeb said:

The better question is do they even buy any? Unless they have Russian Standard in the well, none of their listed vodkas are from Russia. There's a video of a bartender at Magic Mountain in Vermont pouring Stolichnaya down the drain; it's distilled and bottled in Latvia (ownership is a little fuzzy in my mind, but the product is clearly Latvian) and the company is apparently headquartered in Ukraine...

I do not remember seeing any last year on the Equinox. Most Russian Vodka's are dirt cheap and distilled with little consistency.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JeanieC,Aston said:

Hi

Thats not many then.
Russian Standard maybe or Stoli,,,,Smirnoff not really Russian anymore.
I can live with….
Grey Goose…French.
Belvedere….Polish.
Finlandia…Finland.
Absolut….Sweden.
Tito’s….USA.
Vladivar…UK,,,urgh!

Ketel One…..Netherlands.

Ciroc…..France.

I buy Smirnoff in big letters it says made in the USA

Wasn’t planning to travel to Europe so no change in plans.

lots of Ukraine nationals on cruise ships , our butler last week had

she thought it would be over in a few days , unfortunately she is wrong , many others on our summit cruise last week.

I quess I should drink Tito’s since I am from Texas but Smirnoff is ten dollars cheaper per bottle 😁

8 minutes ago, George C said:

I buy Smirnoff in big letters it says made in the USA

Wasn’t planning to travel to Europe so no change in plans.

lots of Ukraine nationals on cruise ships , our butler last week had

she thought it would be over in a few days , unfortunately she is wrong , many others on our summit cruise last week.

I quess I should drink Tito’s since I am from Texas but Smirnoff is ten dollars cheaper per bottle 😁

Hi

Smirnoff is made in lots of countries,,,there is a Smirnoff distillery 12 miles from Liverpool in the next town from me.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, JeanieC,Aston said:

Hi

Smirnoff is made in lots of countries,,,there is a Smirnoff distillery 12 miles from Liverpool in the next town from me.

I wonder how franchises in Russia are reacting. I'm sure they have McDonalds, Allstate etc. And what about companies like Pepsi?  

It is important to remember that all the countries on that cruise are NATO members and are not likely to be places directly effected by conflict unless something much greater breakouts and would basically mean WWIII has begun. Baltic cruises are a different story but even then a number of those countries (not Russia obviously) are NATO as well.

1 minute ago, Gimpy McFarlan said:

We are booked on an Adriatic cruise (Italy, Croatia, Montenegro and Greece) in May and have no concerns.

We are booked on that same cruise itinerary this August 5th. We booked it to replace the Baltic cruise with Oceania over the same time. This cruise is followed by 6 land days in Italy and then a 14-night Greek cruise from Venice. We have no worries about being in these parts of Europe.

We lost all interest in the Baltic cruise in January with the looming Russian acts of illegal aggression.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, JeanieC,Aston said:

Hi

Smirnoff is owned by Diageo - a British conglomerate. 

And yes this mess will eliminate my planned trip to the Hermitage.

11 minutes ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

Years ago, my mom and dad traveled to Russia and hired a private tour guide to visit the Hermitage. Fortunately, when they got there a dignitary had just finished touring. While he was there they closed it. Arriving just after, my parents had a private tour with absolutely no other visitors there. To this day it one of mom's favorite memories.  I hope that you get another chance to visit.

16 minutes ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

Hi

Yes,I believe it is….

Must admit I loved St Petersburg both times I visited.

But,,,the first time we did the Alla Tours 2 day Grand Tour,,which I thought was one of the  two best shore excursions I have ever done,,,,the other one was Jerusalem and Bethlehem.

The second time we visited we didn’t know what to do,,,,we did it all on that 2 day tour.

We plumped for Day 1 with a late breakfast and a day on board,,,Day 2 was a wonderful 4 hr tour of the Hermitage,,,and a cancelled afternoon walking tour of Nevsky Prospect and shopping,,,,the heavens opened.

28 minutes ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

We had a wonderful 2 day private tour for the 4 of us cruising together on our now canceled Baltic cruise. On the plus side it was a very expensive tour so we saved a lot of money that would have probably gone to some crooked Russian Oligarch.

1 hour ago, JeanieC,Aston said:

Alla Tours

Aren't they great? Ours was a 3-day with them and had a great time. Small group of about 11 people. Some great lunches included also. The guide was terrific at getting us to places before the crowds arrived. 

Edited by AnyWayIsGood