Pinnacles back to Suite lounges Mar. 15 and other questions

39august

13 minutes ago, twangster said:

I’m only wearing my pin occasionally in the SL just to mess up those trying to keep score 😎

I did the same on Harmony.  Stayed in a GS one week, OS the next....sans pin.  Mysterious woman.  😄 

Edited by island lady
  • Haha 1

So I imagine the lounge will not be quite as popular with pinns if they have to use vouchers like they are doing in the other lounges unless they are in a suite

Edit to add However they can still hang out with LMP😇

Edited by molly361
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, molly361 said:

So I imagine the lounge will not be quite as popular with pinns if they have to use vouchers like they are doing in the other lounges unless they are in a suite

Agree.  Likely a wise decision that I am fine with, but I’ve never been to camp out like some.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Edit to add However they can still hang out with LMP😇

Doesn't really matter to us.  Voucher or no voucher...it's all comp.    We have tried, but still never used all six per person in one day.  🤪

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, island lady said:

Doesn't really matter to us.  Voucher or no voucher...it's all comp.    We have tried, but still never used all six per person in one day.  🤪

Even when I was in a suite on our HM cruise in January I never went there for HH-  I just used my vouchers in other bars.  I did have a beer or 2 during the day up there however🍺

9 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Even when I was in a suite on our HM cruise in January I never went there for HH-  I just used my vouchers in other bars.  I did have a beer or 2 during the day up there however🍺

Totally agree...and did the same.  As you know.  😉   

The SL furniture is awful on Harmony.   Garage sale rejects.  Not comfortable as all, IMHO.  Plus no seating at the bar either.  Though I wonder if that will change now....but still was only 5-6 bar stools there anyway pre-Covid. 

Much more fun to wander the ship and use the vouchers in other areas.  🙂  

• Like 2

5 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Harmony hasn't sailed post March 15 though.🤔

Maybe the swap is merely to get the door to open

I may have said earlier, but concierge on Symphony said Pins would have to use vouchers on all drinks in her SL

True.   My original gold card opened both doors but I’m in a full suite.  They had a PL in Jazz on 4.  One other couple visited nightly.  Other than that it was a complete waste of resources.  

668C5A9F-50C7-48E2-9CA9-36A8E74F7CC4.thumb.jpeg.8839d8f7940e4208a35a2d8e524e381a.jpeg

6992AFC1-BC81-462D-B213-3D2C7C6AC581.thumb.jpeg.1f9b9b1b89e220341dbbdde7ae9a01f7.jpeg

All that food wasted. 

Since they had the PL I’m assuming pins were still banned from the SL on this sailing.  It’s never been busy.  I suspect the concierge insisting on replacing my card was in preparation for pins coming back.  Once pins are allowed back I’m assuming the PL won’t be offered.  One or the other.

Time will tell. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/19/2022 at 1:48 PM, island lady said:

Lylie asked me to give her our cards to have them changed out as well.  I couldn't figure it out...and liked my gold card...but she explained the difference you noted and handed back the blue cards.  That way they did not have to ask our cabin number.  She said it was less confusing for the bartender staff.  

Lyli is a great concierge.  

• Like 1

On 3/19/2022 at 3:06 PM, island lady said:

Totally agree...and did the same.  As you know.  😉   

The SL furniture is awful on Harmony.   Garage sale rejects.  Not comfortable as all, IMHO.  Plus no seating at the bar either.  Though I wonder if that will change now....but still was only 5-6 bar stools there anyway pre-Covid. 

Much more fun to wander the ship and use the vouchers in other areas.  🙂  

The arm chairs were fairly comfortable.  I missed the ocean view bar like Oasis and Allure.  They have also added tables for CK to HM's SL.  

Now that Pinnacles are allowed back into suite lounge, will they be able to partake in the 11am to 11pm wine, beer, and water like they were able to before without using their vouchers???? I understand that if they want a liquor drink then they would have to use one if their 6 vouchers.Anyone have any experience with this???

31 minutes ago, jamon said:

Now that Pinnacles are allowed back into suite lounge, will they be able to partake in the 11am to 11pm wine, beer, and water like they were able to before without using their vouchers???? I understand that if they want a liquor drink then they would have to use one if their 6 vouchers.Anyone have any experience with this???

Not yet.  Currently on EX that does not have an SL.  Never was amped...so still has a CL.   And yes, we have access, but I only use it for morning coffee....so convenient right around the corner from our cabin.  We prefer sitting at the bar in the VCL lounge with that great view, using our vouchers there.  We have not even stepped into the DL this week.  

Even if it was an SL...and was an Oasis class ship.....six vouchers a day per person is way more than enough to welcome us into AA.  😮😉 

• Haha 3

On 3/19/2022 at 6:52 PM, twangster said:

True.   My original gold card opened both doors but I’m in a full suite.  They had a PL in Jazz on 4.  One other couple visited nightly.  Other than that it was a complete waste of resources.  

668C5A9F-50C7-48E2-9CA9-36A8E74F7CC4.thumb.jpeg.8839d8f7940e4208a35a2d8e524e381a.jpeg

6992AFC1-BC81-462D-B213-3D2C7C6AC581.thumb.jpeg.1f9b9b1b89e220341dbbdde7ae9a01f7.jpeg

All that food wasted. 

Since they had the PL I’m assuming pins were still banned from the SL on this sailing.  It’s never been busy.  I suspect the concierge insisting on replacing my card was in preparation for pins coming back.  Once pins are allowed back I’m assuming the PL won’t be offered.  One or the other.

Time will tell. 

the fine print in Royal's email to us said that if capacity limits were reached in the SL then P's would be excluded, a PL would still be offered then. So a P either has to be in a GS or above or hope the SL isn't at capacity if he/she wants to access it.

On 3/21/2022 at 9:26 AM, island lady said:

One of the best...and so is her partner Jackie!    🙂 

I haven't sailed with Jackie yet but she will be in HM's SL for our April Cruise.  Lyli will be on vacation.  The other Concierge is Elaine, who is also fabulous.  Prior to Covid, Jackie was a concierge on Symphony with Rahul.  

• Like 1

On 2/28/2022 at 8:09 PM, Cigar King said:

I could be senile, but the way I remember it is Diamonds were allowed in the CL.  I'm thinking 10 years or so ago.  The D+ restriction is current, relatively speaking.

In 2009, Platinum status was allowed in the SL (the only club).

45 minutes ago, steveru621 said:

In 2009, Platinum status was allowed in the SL (the only club).

I remember making Diamond and after 1 year in the CL got thrown out to lower level lounge with fewer benefits.  Then made D+ and allowed back in.  So it seems we're out again. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, SherriZ366 said:

I haven't sailed with Jackie yet but she will be in HM's SL for our April Cruise.  Lyli will be on vacation.  The other Concierge is Elaine, who is also fabulous.  Prior to Covid, Jackie was a concierge on Symphony with Rahul.  

Yup, that is where we first met her.  And of course, with her fantastic memory...she remembered us when we finally were able to cruise again last November on Harmony.  🙂 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, njkruzer said:

I remember making Diamond and after 1 year in the CL got thrown out to lower level lounge with fewer benefits.  Then made D+ and allowed back in.  So it seems we're out again. 

Indeed.  Naturally there was no such thing as an SL, until years later...it was just the CL.  Never had to be very big, due to limited number of higher tier C&A members.  

We actually enjoyed the created "Diamond Event" they would have in one of the other lounges, before they started installed the DLs.   Just free beer, wine, bubbly and bar snack mix, plus discounted drinks...but still oh so much fun!

Best one, IMHO,  was in the forward lounge on Freedom.  🙂 

• Like 1

On 3/27/2022 at 8:28 AM, island lady said:

Yup, that is where we first met her.  And of course, with her fantastic memory...she remembered us when we finally were able to cruise again last November on Harmony.  🙂 

Jackie remembered our friends Shelton and Jack last December when we could not sail.  Lyli and Elaine remembered all of us in January.  Looking forward to getting to know Jackie next month.  Her former team member, Rahul, is now a Genie on Ovation doing Alaska.  

• Like 1