Reflection to be revolutionized in Sept ('22) ?

Tom-n-Cheryl

First I've heard of this, but I have not been fully following the boards on this topic over the several months. Apparently it was cancelled previously due to COVID, then moved to '23. Yesterday I heard from both the retreat host onboard (Reflection) and at the Future Cruise Desk that it's now scheduled for this September -- which prompted my deposit for a November sailing.

So - anyone know if this will be a full revolutionization similar to the Silhouette ?

I just looked at some images of the suite changes (RS) and Michael's. I must say, the balcony furniture looks less comfortable without any cushions. They could have eliminated the tub out there in favor of ample space for another lounger. But, hey, they didn't ask me. 🙂 

Tom

There are only two gaps in her schedule from August through December this year - the first is 10/17 to10/31 then again from 11/13 to 11/20.  The first would be enough time for a standard drydock at 14 days (or two 7 day charter sailings), but not a revolution drydock.  The second seems like a charter sailing at 7 days. 

Unless further cancellations are coming and/or we get a firm communication from corporate I'd say she is NOT being revolutionized at this time and you were given poor information by the onboard staff (who are notoriously unreliable as they operate on a LOT of heresay)

EDIT UPDATE - 11/13 IS a charter sailing - "Bliss" adults-only "lifestyle" cruise

Edited by AtlantaCruiser72
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

There are only two gaps in her schedule from August through December this year - the first is 10/17 to10/31 then again from 11/13 to 11/20.  The first would be enough time for a standard drydock at 14 days (or two 7 day charter sailings), but not a revolution drydock.  The second seems like a charter sailing at 7 days. 

Unless further cancellations are coming and/or we get a firm communication from corporate I'd say she is NOT being revolutionized at this time and you were given poor information by the onboard staff (who are notoriously unreliable as they operate on a LOT of heresay)

What's the time usually set aside for a revolutionization - a month or so?

(Yes to the hearsay!)

Tom

Just now, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

What's the time usually set aside for a revolutionization - a month or so?

(Yes to the hearsay!)

Tom

I think when the Millie and Summit went through it was about 6 weeks in total, not sure how long Sillie took, but definitely more than 14 days.  Equinox was a half-revolution due to drydock damage in Nassau and having to send ship to Cadiz for drydock instead and not all materials were able to be shipped there in time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If I’m remembering correctly the Reflection was the last ship originally scheduled for being revolutionized.  The Eclipse was the next S class scheduled when things stopped.

Edited by jelayne
  • Like 1

I could see her getting the blue hull treatment in Cadiz since the 10/31 cruise departs from Barcelona. After pulling Infinity from the Mediterranean it seems odd to cut back even further. The September Reflection cruises are not inexpensive with modest bookings so far. There aren't many comparable options to rebook Reflection sailings in the Sept/Oct timeframe. 

Probably scheduled maintenance and some upgrades but not the full revolution.  Not sure If Celebrity would spend money on anything major on older ships as originally planned,  as they continue to build and launch expensive E-Class ships. 

• 1 month later...

I received an update a few days ago:

We are doing the dry dock on the 18th of October. The plan is to get a retreat sundeck and do a few changes around the ship.
However i am not sure if they are going to do any Suite renovations.

Tom

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

We are doing the dry dock on the 18th of October. The plan is to get a retreat sundeck and do a few changes around the ship.

Tom

I hope not.  We like the suite design as it is.  Definitely NOT a fan of the Hoppen 'function follows form' approach to cabin storage and furniture, and we have booked a RS and a SS on the 10/31 TA.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

Tom

Who sent you this?

6 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

Who sent you this?

I wish that CC would activate the PM feature of this message board!

It was someone on the ship now (staff). I've asked for additional details/confirmation through a couple of other channels - but all I've heard in return is crickets.

Tom

2 hours ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

Tom

Very interesting. We were just on the Reflection and LOVED it. There were 2 reasons we went with Aqua Class instead of a Sky Suite: no Retreat sun deck or updated Retreat Lounge, and I really love dining in Blu even more than in Luminae. We would sail on the Reflection again in a heartbeat regardless, but the addition of the Retreat Sun Deck (and, hopefully, Retreat lounge) might nudge me toward a suite. 😉 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, 5:00_Somewhere said:

Very interesting. We were just on the Reflection and LOVED it. There were 2 reasons we went with Aqua Class instead of a Sky Suite: no Retreat sun deck or updated Retreat Lounge, and I really love dining in Blu even more than in Luminae. We would sail on the Reflection again in a heartbeat regardless, but the addition of the Retreat Sun Deck (and, hopefully, Retreat lounge) might nudge me toward a suite. 😉 

I'd have to say that the Lawn Club Grill and, even more so, The Porch were two standouts for us. It would be difficult to return to a S-class ship without them!

Tom

• Like 2

We booked our first suite on Reflection for our 30th anniversary next May. For the price,  we are considering dropping categories because it hasn’t been revolutionized. If they do make these changes then we might keep it…..but I won’t hold my breath or I’d look like a Smurf. 

19 minutes ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

I'd have to say that the Lawn Club Grill and, even more so, The Porch were two standouts for us. It would be difficult to return to a S-class ship without them!

Tom

I agree, took me years to try the Porch but it is fantastic. I can’t wait to dine there again in a few weeks on the TA. Lawn club grill has been hit or miss for us but was spectacular last time. 

I don’t mind the lack of retreat lounge like the Edge on S class ships. The Reflection especially is hard to beat with so many specialty restaurants and the lawn itself. The Silhouette is a slight notch higher given less suites overall but the signature suites are quite nice.

1 minute ago, di T said:

Hope this isn’t true! We have 21 nights booked in September on Reflection, this was a lift and shift twice on two other ships! Dianne

Originally I was told the drydock would be in September but that was clarified, and confirmed, to be in October.

Tom

Just now, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

Originally I was told the drydock would be in September but that was clarified, and confirmed, to be in October.

Tom

😅phew! 

4 hours ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

Tom

That's right in line with what we heard while on board a couple months ago.  There were going to be some things "refreshed" and "updated," but she would not be completely "revolutionized."  I don't recall if October was specifically mentioned, but I do recall it would be in the Fall.

I think some of the other changes are yanking or revamping Cellar Masters.  I wouldn't be surprised if they do more Hoppen-esque refurnishing (which would be a shame). 

By the way, the deck furniture was fine, and the balcony tubs rock!

1 minute ago, DCPIV said:

That's right in line with what we heard while on board a couple months ago.  There were going to be some things "refreshed" and "updated," but she would not be completely "revolutionized."  I don't recall if October was specifically mentioned, but I do recall it would be in the Fall.

I think some of the other changes are yanking or revamping Cellar Masters.  I wouldn't be surprised if they do more Hoppen-esque refurnishing (which would be a shame). 

By the way, the deck furniture was fine, and the balcony tubs rock!

I would like to see Cellar Masters make "the transformation". I could see the place being more useful as Craft Social or such. Any place added with pub grub is always appreciated in my book.

I'll definitely get a little more use out of the balcony tub next time (w/two weeks), having only enjoyed it once for perhaps 25 minutes last cruise. If only it would accommodate two people comfortably!

Tom

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

I'll definitely get a little more use out of the balcony tub next time (w/two weeks), having only enjoyed it once for perhaps 25 minutes last cruise. If only it would accommodate two people comfortably!

I think my wife averages at least 2 hours per day! 🤣

• Like 1