JamieLogical's March 19 Summit Sailing

JamieLogical

1 hour ago, zitsky said:

Any scotch or bourbon drinkers noticing the selection at the sunset bar?  Not a good selection.  Maybe the good stuff is under the counter?  If I have to drink Johnnie Walker red I’ll die.

I was to busy looking at scrambled eggs and bacon

23 hours ago, zitsky said:

Any scotch or bourbon drinkers noticing the selection at the sunset bar?  Not a good selection.  Maybe the good stuff is under the counter?  If I have to drink Johnnie Walker red I’ll die.

When we sailed in December my husband had Woodford and Buffalo Trace. You will likely have to ask for it specifically at the Sunset bar

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Purplsmurf said:

When we sailed in December my husband had Woodford and Buffalo Trace. You will likely have to ask for it specifically at the Sunset bar

Ok I’ve had Woodford recommended to me.  The only bourbon I’m familiar with is Maker’s Mark.

23 minutes ago, zitsky said:

Ok I’ve had Woodford recommended to me.  The only bourbon I’m familiar with is Maker’s Mark.

My husband is a bourbon drinker and while he does like Makers, he prefers Woodford or Buffalo Trace on the ship. That’s about as good as they get for bourbons on board

53 minutes ago, CruiserFromSC said:

Jaime disembarked yesterday because of her husband’s shingles.  She said it would be a day or two before she posted her last day’s activities.  

Thanks...just reviewed her first post ...wasn't aware the initial leg was a 5 day cruise....hope her husband is doing better ( herpes zoster neuralgia can be very debilitating)...

1 hour ago, JamieLogical said:

Rumors of my death have been greatly exaggerated. Life has been crazy since I finally got home, will try to post more tomorrow or Friday.

Good to hear from you.

Laura

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JamieLogical said:

Rumors of my death have been greatly exaggerated. Life has been crazy since I finally got home, will try to post more tomorrow or Friday.

Jamie:  it was so nice to meet you and missed you on the B2B. FYI - they did get limes and more mint for our 2nd leg but Mike finished off the Patrone and Dahlwinnie Scotch in the bars so it was time for us to get off!  Hoping all is going well for your husband and that our paths cross again on another cruise. Jean and Mike. 

I will try to post my actual notes and photos for the last day of my cruise this afternoon, but here is a quick update on what happened AFTER my cruise.

I disembarked Thursday morning a little after 8:30 and got to the airport before 9:00. It took quite a while to get through security, but I did so and then hung out at the Turkish Air Lounge for a while. At some point, I went to get my Kindle out of my backpack and realized the front pocket of the bag was empty. That is where I keep my passport, cash, and jewelry. I had left them all in the safe in my cabin!

Upon realizing this, I immediately sprinted out of the airport and summoned an Uber to get back to the pier. I also tried to call Celebrity. Meanwhile, my husband texted me that he had received a call from Celebrity while he was in the shower, but there were no details and when trying to call back the number, it went straight to a voicemail box.

I was still on hold with Celebrity by the time I went through the tunnel at the Port of Miami and the signal dropped, so I just gave up on that and approached to port workers as soon as I arrived. I waited while the port worker texted some people and called people over a radio. Finally, someone brought down my stuff and by this point I was completely frantic, because I was going to miss my flight. They gave me a clear plastic bag with all of my items inside and a paper to sign to say I had received them. And then I jumped back in an Uber to the airport.

On the Uber ride, I realizes that the bank envelope in the bag didn't actually have my cash in it! There was nothing I could do at that point, so I resolved to just follow up if I could. At least I had the most important items.

I started to have a tiny bit of hope that I might actually make my flight. That hope was crushed when not only was security way backed up, they decided to rescan about 20 bags right as I was passing through, including my two bags. I had to just stand there and watch my bags sit there for about 5 minutes and then slowly pass back through the scanner. I ran to my gate without my shoes on but boarding had already closed. My plane was still sitting there for a good 15 minutes, but they wouldn't let me on, probably having already given my seat to someone on standby.

I got on standby myself for the next flight to Atlanta and I got a confirmed seat for the next flight from Atlanta to Rochester, which wasn't until 10:20pm! (This was right at noon.) I didn't manage to get a seat on that next flight to Atlanta, so rather than play the standby game with the next three flights, I just contacted Delta and asked if there was a way I could get a confirmed seat on ANY flight to Atlanta that would get me there in time for my late flight to Rochester. It didn't matter to me whether I spent all day in the Miami airport or the Atlanta airport, I just wanted to be in Atlanta by like 9:30. I got a confirmed seat on the 6:50 flight, which was ultimately delayed until 7:11. I spent close to 11 hours in the Miami airport....

I finally got home to Rochester at 12:30am where my husband was actually feeling well enough to pick me up from the airport. He is now doing a LOT better. His main lingering issue is the nerve pain, which is much much better than it was, but still bad enough to make sleeping comfortably a challenge, so he isn't getting enough sleep.

Work since I got home has been completely INSANE, which is mostly why I haven't had time to post.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, jcbc522 said:

Jamie:  it was so nice to meet you and missed you on the B2B. FYI - they did get limes and more mint for our 2nd leg but Mike finished off the Patrone and Dahlwinnie Scotch in the bars so it was time for us to get off!  Hoping all is going well for your husband and that our paths cross again on another cruise. Jean and Mike. 

It was so great meeting the two of you!

16 minutes ago, zitsky said:

Wow!  What an adventure!  Glad you got most of your things back.  Do you think an employee stole the cash?

No. Apparently the cash was transferred to the Financial Controller onboard for safe keeping, instead of just left in the Lost & Found bin/storage area. The person who brought my stuff down to the pier didn't realize that. It has since been reported to RCCL headquarters and I just talked to their Coordinator of Lost & Found yesterday and she said they money will be refunded to the credit card I had on file for the sailing within 2-3 weeks.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

No. Apparently the cash was transferred to the Financial Controller onboard for safe keeping, instead of just left in the Lost & Found bin/storage area. The person who brought my stuff down to the pier didn't realize that. It has since been reported to RCCL headquarters and I just talked to their Coordinator of Lost & Found yesterday and she said they money will be refunded to the credit card I had on file for the sailing within 2-3 weeks.

Jamie what a day you had, glad it worked out in the end. My sister had shingles in February and said very painful, your husband seems to be recovering well 👍👍

3 minutes ago, misha1 said:

Curious...why the Turkish airlines lounge?

I have Priority Pass through my travel credit card, which grants access to a specific network of airport lounges. In the app for Priority Pass, I can search by airport and terminal and it tells me the closest lounge. The Turkish Airlines Lounge happened to be the closest one to Terminal H at the Miami Airport. It was really nice! I'll be sure to post some photos along with the final photos from my cruise later today.

Edited by JamieLogical
  • Like 2