JamieLogical's March 19 Summit Sailing

JamieLogical

11 minutes ago, Beachlover1989 said:

Do you have any wrinkle problems with the bundle method of packing?

Most of the clothes I pack for cruises aren't prone to wrinkling. Only my linen shirts might get a little wrinkly, but nothing some downy wrinkle release spray won't handle. I have packed my husband's clothes this way twice now and the trick is to put more wrinkle-prone items on the bottom/outside of the bundle. Has worked really well for his slacks and his collection of Tommy Bahama shirts.

5 minutes ago, PTC DAWG said:

Bad storms came through the ATL area a while, hence the delay, much better now…I hope you made it through..

I haven't even left Rochester yet. Flight out was delayed a little over an hour. Looks like I don't need to worry about my connection being too tight, because I suspect my flight from ATL to MIA will also be delayed. The flight before that on the same plane is delayed 49 minutes according to Flight Aware.

9 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

I haven't even left Rochester yet. Flight out was delayed a little over an hour. Looks like I don't need to worry about my connection being too tight, because I suspect my flight from ATL to MIA will also be delayed. The flight before that on the same plane is delayed 49 minutes according to Flight Aware.

We’re also delayed for our Baltimore-Miami flight, due to the plane from Miami arriving late. Looks like Miami departures are all backed up right now. 

1 minute ago, mrb5000 said:

We’re also delayed for our Baltimore-Miami flight, due to the plane from Miami arriving late. Looks like Miami departures are all backed up right now. 

As long as I get to Miami sometime tonight/wee hours of the morning, I'll be happy!

It's official that my flight from ATL to MIA is now delayed about an hour as well, so I will now have the same layover in ATL as before. Just means I'll be getting to bed super late tonight. Good thing I don't have anywhere to be until 11:30 tomorrow morning!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JamieLogical said:

Something amazing happened! As I was leaving for the airport, I thought to check the mail on my way out the door and guess what was inside! Rebound Patches!!!!

wonderful!

Made it to Atlanta. The plane for my next flight just finished letting everyone off, so we should be boarding soon. Should be to Miami around 1:20, then a quick Uber (too late for the shuttle) to my hotel for some much needed sleep!

Edited by JamieLogical
  • Like 5

Well, we've been sitting on the plane for over an hour now. Apparently none of the luggage was loaded. All the passengers were onboard but there were over 100 bags missing. They have since loaded 4-5 carts full of luggage, so I think we have got to be getting close to being able to take off. Our already late departure time was supposed to be 11:31 (original was 10:39). It is now 12:28 and the luggage conveyor just pulled away from the plane.

Edited by JamieLogical

1 hour ago, FlorenceItaly said:

Thinking of you!  I hope you made it to Miami and they held the room for you.

I did make it to Miami and I had the forethought to call the hotel from the plane in Atlanta to make sure they could/would hold the room when it became evident we wouldn't be getting to Miami until 3:00 or later. Turns out I did get to the hotel right a 3:00, so I am operating on very little sleep. On the plus side, that means I wasn't up at 6:00 trying to kill 5 hours before heading to the pier! I kept forcing myself back to sleep when I started waking up around 7:00 and managed to get a little more sleep before 9:00 when I gave up on trying to sleep in anymore. Having some much needed coffee now and then I will shower and dress and should not have to wait around too long before leaving the hotel at 11:00.

• Like 12

Have a mimosa on me when you board.  You deserve it.

I’ve always said, with the airlines, there are certain things out of their control (i.e. weather) that I understand.  But, not getting luggage on the plane?  Not having someone to drive the jet bridge?  They are their own worst enemies, and their paying passengers are the victims of their ineptness.

Edited by graphicguy
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

Have a mimosa on me when you board.  You deserve it.

I’ve always said, with the airlines, there are certain things out of their control (i.e. weather) that I understand.  But, not getting luggage on the plane?  Not having someone to drive the jet bridge?  They are their own worst enemies, and their paying passengers are the victims of their ineptness.

The pilot apologized several times and said "we're better than this", so he clearly thought these delays were inexcusable, whereas the original delay was just a cascade from bad storms passing through Atlanta earlier in the day. There was just no excuse for us having to sit on the plane for well over an hour while they tracked down and loaded over 100 missing bags!

Edited by JamieLogical
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, JamieLogical said:

The pilot apologized several times and said "we're better than this", so he clearly thought these delays were inexcusable, whereas the original delay was just a cascade from bad storms passing through Atlanta earlier in the day. There was just no excuse for us having to sit on the plane for well over an hour while they tracked down and loaded over 100 missing bags!

I was on a flight out of Toronto to the UK a few years back, the flight was delayed like an hour then it was delayed because the luggage cart hit the plane ( not sure how that happened as the plane is kinda big) so we had to switch planes. I think my 8pm flight out of Toronto eventually left around 11pm. The brightside was had less time to try and stay awake when I got to London, but was just very tired.

May I suggest you try a Bloody Caesar?  It’s similar to a Bloody Mary but much better IMHO.  It’s the traditional brunch beverage in Canada.  

Enjoy your cruise.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, RickT said:

May I suggest you try a Bloody Caesar?  It’s similar to a Bloody Mary but much better IMHO.  It’s the traditional brunch beverage in Canada.  

Enjoy your cruise.  

I went with a classic mimosa for my first drink onboard this time.

PXL_20220319_160539224.jpg

• Like 5
  • Haha 1