Peanut butter cookies?

cvpends

We are on the current Ruby Princess Panama Canal cruise, and there is not a single peanut butter cookie on board. I have asked several times and the excuse is that there is no peanut butter on board. I ask after each port, thinking they would onboard some peanut butter, but no.  

So, my question for those of you currently cruising or who have cruised in the last week or two, is this a fleetwide problem?  I am trying to figure out if it is just an issue with Ruby.  (We also have no "upgraded" amenities for Elites, but that is addressed in a different recent thread.)

I do realize that this isn't an earthshattering issue, but we have always enjoyed our Princess peanut butter cookies, and they are the only cookie we like.  

• Like 1

We were on Regal B2B in December / January and it was like they were a secret.  We were able to get some in the buffet by asking and it was comical at the IC when I asked.  The guy kinda looked around and then said, “I can give you some.” And reached behind the counter and gave me some.  Felt like I must have spoken in code.  Lol!  However, the afternoon tea in the Sanctuary also had them at times, not always.

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, MustangGT said:

We were on Regal B2B in December / January and it was like they were a secret.  We were able to get some in the buffet by asking and it was comical at the IC when I asked.  The guy kinda looked around and then said, “I can give you some.” And reached behind the counter and gave me some.  Felt like I must have spoken in code.  Lol!  However, the afternoon tea in the Sanctuary also had them at times, not always.

Yeah, it was kinda like that on the Ruby too.  But we got them.  

Once we waited almost 15 whole mins (feel sorry for me, first world problems you know).  I think they baked a batch just for us.  

1 minute ago, MustangGT said:

Who knew that Princess had a secret menu like In-N-Out Burger!

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, justafem said:

Yeah, it was kinda like that on the Ruby too.  But we got them.  

Once we waited almost 15 whole mins (feel sorry for me, first world problems you know).  I think they baked a batch just for us.  

I could wait for a fresh batch! 😁

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, cvpends said:

The worker in the IC last night said he will talk to the chef for me.  I will go by tonight to see if there was a positive result.

Interesting. You were told that there was no  peanut butter on board. If that is true, then whatever cookie they make that they are calling a peanut butter cookie would be scary. Or….the statement that there is no peanut butter on board is a bald face lie. We shall see. 

1 hour ago, cvpends said:

We are on the current Ruby Princess Panama Canal cruise, and there is not a single peanut butter cookie on board. I have asked several times and the excuse is that there is no peanut butter on board. I ask after each port, thinking they would onboard some peanut butter, but no.  

So, my question for those of you currently cruising or who have cruised in the last week or two, is this a fleetwide problem?  I am trying to figure out if it is just an issue with Ruby.  (We also have no "upgraded" amenities for Elites, but that is addressed in a different recent thread.)

I do realize that this isn't an earthshattering issue, but we have always enjoyed our Princess peanut butter cookies, and they are the only cookie we like.  

See if you can order a peanut butter and jelly sandwich from room service.

3 minutes ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

See if you can order a peanut butter and jelly sandwich from room service.

I had thought about testing it that way, but haven't desired one.  I will give it a try and report back!

• Like 1

Great thread.  Add me to the list of peanut butter cookie lover.  While on the Grand, I had to "request" PB cookies from the guy behind the IC Counter (October).  He was more than willing to give me more than a couple.  This definitely is the biggest secret/mystery on board (besides the mocha milkshakes I just learned about).

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, JimmyVWine said:

Interesting. You were told that there was no  peanut butter on board. If that is true, then whatever cookie they make that they are calling a peanut butter cookie would be scary. Or….the statement that there is no peanut butter on board is a bald face lie. We shall see. 

That's funny, because there's a peanut butter sammy on the room service menu.  

36 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Great thread.  Add me to the list of peanut butter cookie lover.  While on the Grand, I had to "request" PB cookies from the guy behind the IC Counter (October).  He was more than willing to give me more than a couple.  This definitely is the biggest secret/mystery on board (besides the mocha milkshakes I just learned about).

Please, do tell your mocha milkshake secret 😂

The PB cookies were on a tray behind the IC counter and I had to ask for them. Apparently none in buffet according to another cruiser. But that was December 

Following to see if OP gets one

• Like 1

Update:. I checked the IC again, no luck.  I went up to the Lido and asked, again the answer was no.  They brought out the Lido chef to talk to me about it.  He said that it is not peanut butter they don't have, but the mix.  He called the head pastry chef who apparently said the mix for peanut butter cookies comes onboard during embarkation day, and none came on board.  Maybe it will come onboard in Ft. Lauderdale for our return trip, and maybe it won't.  The Lido chef said that many people are asking for peanut butter cookies.  He is very sorry.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

I have a dairy allergy so no cookies for me but I can’t eat a lot of PB&J 😂

1 hour ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

Please, do tell your mocha milkshake secret 😂

I thought you had a dairy allergy?  On the Grand (not sure of other ships), Coffee and Cones (Lido Deck) has a mocha milkshake.

https://www.princess.com/downloads/pdf/ships-and-experience/ships/products/menus/Coffee-and-Cones-Menu.pdf

On two Majestic sailings they only had chocolate chip and sugar cookies, with an occasionally an oatmeal raisin. I wasn't impressed, and sampled the much better other desserts. On the other hand, HAL has amazing peanut butter cookies, right next to scoop ice cream. On Ovation of the Seas they made fresh cookies in the buffet, so I could get chocolate chip ones right out of the oven. I've learned to focus on what each cruise line does well, so with Princess I aim towards pizza and the Curtis Stone chocolate desserts, and then look for unique treats at the IC. I also got to know the dessert-cheese servers in the buffet, so when I asked for something special they got it for me, like the caramel pudding/pot de creme, or  one prepared a special cheese plate for me to take to my cabin in the evenings.