Peanut butter cookies?

cvpends

37 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Was that just the Oatmeal or both?  I noticed a definite decline in satisfaction with the PB cookies in October.  Say it isn't so.

Both.  Definitely a baking mix issue.  The Cookie Monster in the family was not happy with chocolate chip or double chocolate.  The cookies in the dessert area of the buffet are stored in the refrigerator.   You need to ask for them.  

Edited by kiwimum

5 hours ago, Pink flamingo52 said:

I had to chuckle at this thread.  I just got off the Sky Princess after 14 days.  Every couple of days I asked about peanut butter cookies.  They quit having them readily available due to food allergies but normally if you asked they had them.  The whole cruise only chocolate chip and oatmeal.  😢.  It is nice to see someone else missed them too!

We asked many times on the Sky in early January....no dice.  They did have the chocolate chip and oatmeal though. 

1 hour ago, Kmkub said:

IOK error is what we called them…

Idiot on keyboard.

Not the acronym I grew up with but I like it! I like it a lot!! And what makes it even better is that it is also equally applicable. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, brisalta said:

You just confirmed that you have a problem between ears. I see you cannot even provide an original drawing.

Quite correct about the drawing but why tamper with perfection when a true artist is able to capture the true and pure essence of a fossilized, elitist snob? 

16 hours ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

How many more days do you have left of your cruise? If you have time go to the IC and ask for a chef. Ask if they can have that available.  I want a sandwich with meat on it but no cheese, please. 😊

You don’t even have to ask for the chef.  I love the IC tuna sandwiches but they re rarely available.  Once upon a time, the basil pesto, cheese San which was good but because they are all pre-made, the tomato makes the bread a soggy mess, even worse when warmed.  
So, my new sandwich is the roast beef, without the roast beef on it. They simply take it off for me before they warm it.  It’s really quite good.  I have also gotten the egg and ham sandwich without the ham.  They’ve removed the meat for me without problem every time.  They’ve assured me that someone will eat it.  I would imagine they could do the same with the cheese on most of their sandwiches.  

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

You don’t even have to ask for the chef.  I love the IC tuna sandwiches but they re rarely available.  Once upon a time, the basil pesto, cheese San which was good but because they are all pre-made, the tomato makes the bread a soggy mess, even worse when warmed.  
So, my new sandwich is the roast beef, without the roast beef on it. They simply take it off for me before they warm it.  It’s really quite good.  I have also gotten the egg and ham sandwich without the ham.  They’ve removed the meat for me without problem every time.  They’ve assured me that someone will eat it.  I would imagine they could do the same with the cheese on most of their sandwiches.  

Sounds wonderful but if someone has an allergy you cannot just remove the cheese.  Bummer.  

• Like 1

The good news is, probably because of lack of peanut butter cookies I have gained not one ounce, on day 15 of these 30 days on Ruby Princess!  Now, if the onboard peanut butter cookie mix in Ft. Lauderdale, all will be lost 😆

• Haha 3

I’ve been on the Grand for 6 days and have made “friends with the iC executive chef Eligio….he stopped me today and told me he is making me peanut butter cookies every day since the second day….and I have been returning to my cabin with a plate everyday!  The buffet didn’t have them when I checked yesterday.

love it!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 3/14/2022 at 4:25 PM, In Toronto said:

This is a fun thread!

Thank you!  But sadly, there still aren't any peanut butter cookies anywhere on the Ruby Princess 😓  If only we had an Eligio on this ship.

• Like 1

On 3/16/2022 at 12:14 PM, WAvoyager said:

I’m going to have to see if I can get PB cookies on my next trip now!  I’m usually happy as long as there are chocolate chip cookies, but now PB investigation will be a must see!  (Majestic, 4/2 sailing)

Please let us know.  They were available on Majestic in January.  I really would like to know if this is a fleetwide problem.

1 hour ago, cvpends said:

I have news!  The beautiful Ruby Princess has peanut butter cookies today!  Oh, life is good 😊

If you see the chef can you please ask how they are made?

Edited by brisalta

I couldn’t to read through this whole thread but I’m not sure the point has been made that the cookies are from a dough mixture.  A bucket of cookie dough they scoop out. There isn’t any fresh made cookies from scratch in a commercial situation like that.  Just fresh baked.  There are significant supply chain issues through all food service manufacturing and distribution at the moment.
Just like with your local supermarket there are simply many unavailable items. Give these poor people a break and let them focus on their jobs and not running around sourcing out items that they quite obviously don’t have the ability to provide. 
I literally laughed out loud at the suggestion that they had “no peanut butter” and couldn’t make the cookies. They 100% don’t make them from scratch anyway. But they likely have limited access to the pb dough mixture. 

9 minutes ago, tanyaewa said:

I couldn’t to read through this whole thread but I’m not sure the point has been made that the cookies are from a dough mixture.  A bucket of cookie dough they scoop out. There isn’t any fresh made cookies from scratch in a commercial situation like that.  Just fresh baked.  There are significant supply chain issues through all food service manufacturing and distribution at the moment.
Just like with your local supermarket there are simply many unavailable items. Give these poor people a break and let them focus on their jobs and not running around sourcing out items that they quite obviously don’t have the ability to provide. 
I literally laughed out loud at the suggestion that they had “no peanut butter” and couldn’t make the cookies. They 100% don’t make them from scratch anyway. But they likely have limited access to the pb dough mixture. 

Actually, I don't think they make any/many treats, snacks, pastries from scratch ... we have, however, found gluten-free and no-sugar-added goodies to be tasty.  Don't know if those are scratch or not.

7 hours ago, tanyaewa said:

I literally laughed out loud at the suggestion that they had “no peanut butter” and couldn’t make the cookies. 

I am "glad" that we could give you the opportunity to literally laugh out loud at us.  Some of us have never worked in food service.

25 minutes ago, cvpends said:

I am "glad" that we could give you the opportunity to literally laugh out loud at us.  Some of us have never worked in food service.

I think it’s both unnecessary and probably misguided.  While Princess certainly doesn’t make their cookies and such from scratch, it’s not to say they couldn’t if they wanted to/needed to.  The thought of a chef (or cook) going a step above if a passenger really wanted something, and making it from scratch isn’t that far from a possibility.  Especially since with less crowded ships, some segments of staff may have a bit of extra time. At some point there was a discussion of a “special order” for cookies, and if so, they would definitely do it with (and need) PB.

BTW - Princess claims to make their pasta and sauces from scratch for Sabatini’s, so not everything is carted in pre-made or pre-mixed.

On 3/8/2022 at 6:34 PM, *Miss G* said:

I was just curious as to how a thread on peanut butter cookies could be 4 pages long so..… that’s why I’m here.  🙃  Thanks for the chuckles.

Hey!  Cookies are important!

😁

1 hour ago, cvpends said:

Oh gosh I’m sorry if that seemed rude. That was not my intention.  I apologize if it came across that way 

Edited by tanyaewa

On 3/14/2022 at 3:32 PM, cr8tiv1 said:

I’ve been on the Grand for 6 days and have made “friends with the iC executive chef Eligio….he stopped me today and told me he is making me peanut butter cookies every day since the second day….and I have been returning to my cabin with a plate everyday!  The buffet didn’t have them when I checked yesterday.

love it!

Back on the Grand!!!

I don't remember his name but I loved the guy at IC. He also provided me ample peanut butter cookies with a smile each time!

• Like 1