Canada Releases Guidelines for Return of Cruise Ships

milolii

48 minutes ago, cruisingrob21 said:

More info, now CBC has indicated they will drop testing requirement on April 1.  At this time, it does not clarify whether cruise passengers will be held to different requirements.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/federal-government-to-drop-pre-departure-testing-1.6386763

It's all over Cdn news now.  Official announcement comes tomorrow.  No more arrival testing for fully vaxxed (two doses).  Possible random testing at airports.  Nothing mentioned for land entry (I mean land entry not included for the random tests).  I say WOO HOO as we cross border on April 1 from our Winter in FL.  No more testing and no more masks.

Edited by Steelers36
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, 1965 said:

Am I correct that those of us flying into Vancouver from the US to board ship for Alaska are also exempt from testing? I sometimes misread the updates. Thanks!

Yes, no test to enter Canada.  For the time being, the test requirement for boarding the ship remains in place.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, d9704011 said:

Yes, no test to enter Canada.  For the time being, the test requirement for boarding the ship remains in place.

Great news. As Forrest Gump said, "One less thing."

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, 1965 said:

Am I correct that those of us flying into Vancouver from the US to board ship for Alaska are also exempt from testing? I sometimes misread the updates. Thanks!

Not at this time. An official announcement is expected tomorrow. 

The status of pre-cruise testing for voyages originating in Canada is not known. It also remains to be seen if cruise lines will remove pre-cruise testing if the government removes its requirement.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, cruisingrob21 said:

More info, now CBC has indicated they will drop testing requirement on April 1.  At this time, it does not clarify whether cruise passengers will be held to different requirements.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/federal-government-to-drop-pre-departure-testing-1.6386763

Thank you for sharing this link... enthusiastically looking forward to this announcement. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Coupe said:

So, you ca enter Canada without a test but you can't leave without a test?

It looks like this applies to re entry to the U S by air but not sure if required if returning by car or rail