Boarding and Covid Testing

roberts2005

We are on the Onward May 2nd maiden voyage and have a few questions about Covid testing.

We are flying into Nice two days early, will Azamara require us to get negative tests before boarding or do they do their own testing.  If we have to do our own tests, any suggestions on where to get tested in Monte Carlo?  We are fully vaccinated, including booster.

Also, doe anyone know if there is a negative Covid rest requirement before flying into France from the U.S.A

Things of course might change but up to now Azamara has done their own testing as part of the boarding process 

Too early to tell the French entry rules but your airline should keep you right nearer the time 

Edited by uktog
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, roberts2005 said:

Also, doe anyone know if there is a negative Covid rest requirement before flying into France from the U.S.A

Surely your airline will have this information? 

14 minutes ago, roberts2005 said:

Fully vaccinated arrivals from the US do not (currently) need a pre-arrival test.

20 minutes ago, d9704011 said:

Fully vaccinated arrivals from the US do not (currently) need a pre-arrival test.

Nevertheless, I suggest checking with your airline. Their requirements may differ... 

Right now almost impossible to get through to an airline by telephone.  Wait time up to two hours.  Any internet search on arriving in France is either confusing or outdated.

thank you to those who answered.  Nice to know we don’t have to look for a testing company before boarding.

We have been using Sherpa for all of our trips.  They have partnered with dozens of airlines and travel groups to get the most up-to-the-minute information on entry requirements to foreign countries.  Their database is updated many times a day, so you can see the latest changes and updates. 

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, ECCruise said:

We have been using Sherpa for all of our trips.  They have partnered with dozens of airlines and travel groups to get the most up-to-the-minute information on entry requirements to foreign countries.  Their database is updated many times a day, so you can see the latest changes and updates. 

Not sure that this is 100% reliable, because it is not using data from every airline. 

I tried USA to Italy as a UK passport holder. Results indicate partnership with American Airlines.

But a useful resource.

Thanks.

41 minutes ago, ECCruise said:

Thank you for posting this

38 minutes ago, ECCruise said:

I don't know whether things have changed, but I tried using data for our outbound flight on Sunday 13 March, and the info provided on the Sherpa site seems to contradict other sources:

Fully vaccinated travelers are not required to present a negative COVID-19 test result. Travelers who are not eligible for the EU Digital COVID Certificate or equivalent for full vaccination or recovery need to follow the testing requirements for unvaccinated travelers. Please check Mandatory proof of vaccination for more details.

Please, is this correct? 

1 hour ago, blag said:

I don't know whether things have changed, but I tried using data for our outbound flight on Sunday 13 March, and the info provided on the Sherpa site seems to contradict other sources:

Fully vaccinated travelers are not required to present a negative COVID-19 test result. Travelers who are not eligible for the EU Digital COVID Certificate or equivalent for full vaccination or recovery need to follow the testing requirements for unvaccinated travelers. Please check Mandatory proof of vaccination for more details.

Please, is this correct? 

First off, Sherpa monitors requirements for countries, not airlines.  That needs to be monitored directly with the airline.  And having flown a number of times in the last few months, the airline will make sure you are aware of any of their requirements.

I posted the link to Sherpa with the American Airlines partnership, but there are dozens of airlines and travel companies who have partnered with them.

As far as testing for entry to Italy, this is from the US Embassy in Italy.  It matches what the information on Sherpa which you quoted above:

• Beginning on March 1, 2022 and valid until March 31, 2022, travelers from the United States may enter Italy if they are asymptomatic AND present one of the following:
      • An Anti-COVID 19 vaccination certificate for an European Medicines Agency (EMA)-recognized vaccine.  At present, EMA recognizes the following vaccines: Pfizer-BioNtech, Moderna, Johnson and Johnson, AstraZeneca and Novavax. The date of the last dose of the primary vaccination series must be at least 14 days prior to travel and no more than 270 days before arrival unless a booster shot was administered. Travelers vaccinated in the United States can prove this via the “white card” bearing the CDC logo.
      • A medical certificate confirming recovery from COVID valid for six months form recovery.
      • A negative molecular PCR test result carried out within 72 hours of arrival or a rapid antigen test result carried out within 48 hours of arrival

37 minutes ago, ECCruise said:

First off, Sherpa monitors requirements for countries, not airlines.  That needs to be monitored directly with the airline.  And having flown a number of times in the last few months, the airline will make sure you are aware of any of their requirements.

I posted the link to Sherpa with the American Airlines partnership, but there are dozens of airlines and travel companies who have partnered with them.

As far as testing for entry to Italy, this is from the US Embassy in Italy.  It matches what the information on Sherpa which you quoted above:

• Beginning on March 1, 2022 and valid until March 31, 2022, travelers from the United States may enter Italy if they are asymptomatic AND present one of the following:
      • An Anti-COVID 19 vaccination certificate for an European Medicines Agency (EMA)-recognized vaccine.  At present, EMA recognizes the following vaccines: Pfizer-BioNtech, Moderna, Johnson and Johnson, AstraZeneca and Novavax. The date of the last dose of the primary vaccination series must be at least 14 days prior to travel and no more than 270 days before arrival unless a booster shot was administered. Travelers vaccinated in the United States can prove this via the “white card” bearing the CDC logo.
      • A medical certificate confirming recovery from COVID valid for six months form recovery.
      • A negative molecular PCR test result carried out within 72 hours of arrival or a rapid antigen test result carried out within 48 hours of arrival

I agree with all you say.

I followed a different link, but no matter what I did (maybe a browser cache problem)  the page always showed the American Airlines partnership, and I am not sure that it is possible for the user to choose which partnership is displayed on any web page.

Furthermore, I am fully aware of entry requirements for my return to Italy (refreshingly simple, mercifully), but Sherpa (via my phone) seemed to be saying something which differs from my understanding of the requirements for travel from Italy to the US. 

I checked this on my desktop PC, only to find that the lack of screen space meant I was being a cretin and was not looking at the correct direction of travel. DUHHH!

So, we return to what I said earlier: it us, advisable to check with your airline. Their requirements may differ from other published data! 

And for the Original poster, leave it - advice for anyone these rules are changing hourly (if you are subscribed for FCO updates you will know) so leave your checking until about two weeks before you go but be prepared for changes even after then.  

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, uktog said:

And for the Original poster, leave it - advice for anyone these rules are changing hourly (if you are subscribed for FCO updates you will know) so leave your checking until about two weeks before you go but be prepared for changes even after then.  

hourly is somewhat of an exaggeration, but the advice is good. 

6 minutes ago, blag said:

hourly is somewhat of an exaggeration, but the advice is good. 

I can assure you in relation to one country I was monitoring there were three updates in an hour yesterday.  It is certainly not an exaggeration!

• Like 7

1 minute ago, uktog said:

I can assure you in relation to one country I was monitoring there were three updates in an hour yesterday.  It is certainly not an exaggeration!

I stand (on the naughty step, of course) corrected!

Hourly it is, then!

52 minutes ago, blag said:

I agree with all you say.

I followed a different link, but no matter what I did (maybe a browser cache problem)  the page always showed the American Airlines partnership, and I am not sure that it is possible for the user to choose which partnership is displayed on any web page.

It doesn't matter who the partnership is with:  The information is exactly the same across all platforms.

• Like 2

Delta's website has excellent sections for pre-flight information, which also allows you to upload proof of vaccination and test results – to save time at the check-in desk.  Other airlines may have something similar.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

Delta's website has excellent sections for pre-flight information, which also allows you to upload proof of vaccination and test results – to save time at the check-in desk.  Other airlines may have something similar.

Emirates uses IATA's 'Travel Pass' app, as do several other airlines. Note, however, that flights don't appear until about a week/10 days prior to departure. 

• 3 weeks later...

Below is an excerpt from the Azamara website on testing.   While you do not have to have a test prior to arriving to the cruise ship, as they will test you prior to boarding, they will not cover any change fees unless you have done one:

If you test positive for COVID-19 at the terminal, Azamara will cover travel change fees and accommodation expenses not covered by travel insurance, upon presentation of proof of a negative antigen or PCR COVID test prior to travel.  

i just noticed this, not sure it is new or has been there for awhile.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mrs Miggins said:

What time frame do they require ? Does it have to be an official test, or self administered and reported on the NHS covid app.  Not sure anyone would know ?

Answer is not clear, so we were tested at a local pharmacy and had results documented.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1