Oceania Marina cat B3 extended balcony

Cruiseskier

On 3/13/2022 at 11:42 AM, jazznruby said:

Not surprising, but a shame O raised categories for those on Vista. Ones forward are now A; ones aft are PH. Same thing happened with aft facing cabins over the wake on lots of ships once the secret was out. 😖

Which if you add all the changes to dining and more cafe atmosphere than quality dining, it makes Vista  more of a mass market  ship in fancy clothes.     My simple solution.... stick with the tried and true Marina Riveria.   

I can bring along a can of paint to sniff if I want to smell "New"     and forget the Vista.... cause it ain't a Buena Vista. 

No I have not tried it...( but scanned the deck and restaurants)    But neither have I been hit by a train either......Just don't think I'd like it

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 1 year later...

In 2021 booked an extended balcony cabin on Vista. After I made my final payment, Oceania changed our cabin to one without an extended balcony. Never asked us, just did it. And can’t (or won’t) tell us why. They say they don’t know who made the last minute change, when it was made, or why? And when I asked for compensation, they offered $500 ship board credit for the two and a half week cruise. 

After 18 Oceania cruises, I think I am about done. Love the ships, the service, the food.  But if this is how they treat guests who have cruised with them from their first year in business, why bother?  

So even if you book an extended balcony and look forward to it for 2 years, don’t count on getting it. 

15 hours ago, sophia thomas said:

In 2021 booked an extended balcony cabin on Vista. After I made my final payment, Oceania changed our cabin to one without an extended balcony.

If you were booking the extended balcony to get a lounger, Vista isn't allowing a lounger on the extended balconies- at least that was the case on the May Vista cruise.  Penthouses do get 2 loungers on Deck 7.

On 3/13/2022 at 10:19 AM, Flatbush Flyer said:

No- we have to warn people about making this mistake. “A picture is worth a thousand words.” 

769F34F4-A714-4D85-A628-22AA9EF26AC6.jpeg

Hi FF!  Is that an extended balcony in the forward or aft of the ship? btw, we always try to get 7108, as you have in Oct. I'd like to know if the forward ones are too bouncy. We've always taken the aft ones when we had a choice.

Loretta

We are in 7108 in Japan next March on Riviera.  Just off Vista on July 5.  We were in concierge and appreciated access to the Aquamar Spa Terrace, but never used the concierge lounge or most other perks of concierge level.  We did have laundry done once, but could do without it.  Had room service breakfast on early days.  We are thinking the extended balcony will be worth giving up the other perks of concierge. Thanks to all of you in this thread!

• Like 1

We were on Marina in June in 7008.  2nd time in this stateroom (previously Nov. 2018).  This time we only had loungers and small table..  Previously also had 2 chairs.  While it was sunny and warm in Scandinavia, it was often shady and breezy while cruising.

Our first Oceania sailing is on Marina. We are booked in Concierge 3 deck 9. After reading this thread, I just looked at availability for extended balcony cabins. There are two available forward, two aft. I noticed a  completely blank space on deck plans underneath forward section, restaurant on aft section.
Also wondering if you only have loungers as was posted on some of these balconies, if you can request added chairs. 
This thread has me questioning our choice. 

30 minutes ago, Vineyard View said:

Also wondering if you only have loungers as was posted on some of these balconies, if you can request added chairs. 
This thread has me questioning our choice. 

🤔My above photos also show both loungers and chairs.

• Like 1

There was a comment that 7008 on Marina had only loungers. That is one of the available cabins. 
Also, what is on deck 6 forward?  It shows white space on the deck plan

Any thoughts as to whether forward or aft are preferable? I realize forward may have more movement, but the restaurant is directly below aft. 
‘thanks much!

9 minutes ago, Vineyard View said:

There was a comment that 7008 on Marina had only loungers. That is one of the available cabins. 
Also, what is on deck 6 forward?  It shows white space on the deck plan

Any thoughts as to whether forward or aft are preferable? I realize forward may have more movement, but the restaurant is directly below aft. 
‘thanks much!

You will not hear any noise from the dining room in the aft

you may hear  noise from the theatre in the front 

I have not stayed on deck 7 forward  so cannot comment

We will be on the Marina end of September and have 7108.  I’m not so concerned about the chair situation as I can sit anywhere, but happy to see that the cabin is such a “horrible” one to have!  This will finally be our first Oceania cruise.  They canceled 2 we had booked AFTER Covid!!

I made the post about 7008.  This verandah is open on 2 sides so you can look down the side of the ship.  You get a little bit of a windbreak here as you are sheltered by the divider on the forward facing side, but open on the port and aft facing sides.  But you still feel the breeze/wind when underway.

Never heard any noise while in that cabin. 

Don't know if you can request chairs as I didn't bother to ask.  One of the loungers had a bit of a scratched up arm.  I'm sure if you were not happy with it, you could ask for another.  

One other thing to note.  One of the outlets on the desk was not useable because it looks like something jammed in it so a plug could not be inserted.   Some of the outlets are for European plugs - we had the European 2 prong plug adapters with us so it was not an issue.

I hope this helps.  

Thank you all. This helps a lot.
The deck plan shows the theatre on deck five and absolutely nothing on deck 6, so maybe it is the height of two decks? 
I may be calling our TA in the morning to make a third category change. So far she still likes me!  Ha!  
I do not see us really using the concierge lounge for much other than coffee, and I am not certain how much of a difference earlier dinner reservations make for concierge lounge. I do not need three bags of laundry and can pay for one if needed. 
I found renditions of the changes being made to concierge room and bathroom - the large walk in shower was a winner - were all bathrooms and cabins done in this manner on Riviera? 

1 hour ago, Vineyard View said:

I found renditions of the changes being made to concierge room and bathroom - the large walk in shower was a winner - were all bathrooms and cabins done in this manner on Riviera? 

No  some  will still have tub/shower combos  as per the  letter in this thread

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2874113-riveria-bathtub-updates/#comment-63775016

We chose the B3 extended after advice from this forum.  It was a Caribbean cruise so plenty of sun and we were back on the ship early for most stops.  I did not use it much as I enjoyed time by the pool but my wife laid out there almost everyday and loved it.  This was our first cruise ever so nothing to compare it to but we know most cabins on most cruises until you start paying for suites have at best a small sitting area.  This felt very luxurious (as did the whole refurbished ship.)  We have the same booked for our Marina cruise next year.

Thanks Woofa. DH and I enjoy spending a bit of time late afternoon with a glass on the balcony and sometimes after dinner. Nothing like the sound and site of the wake at night. 

One more thing though. Does the advantage of early reservations for dinner with Concierge really impact the ability to get times and dates that you want as it can on other lines compared to a B3 balcony? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vineyard View said:

One more thing though. Does the advantage of early reservations for dinner with Concierge really impact the ability to get times and dates that you want as it can on other lines compared to a B3 balcony? 

We have  been in B & C cabins  & usually can get  an early time slot 

you may not get the date you want  but we are flexible  on the date 

We usually book a 2 top

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Vineyard View said:

Thank you all. This helps a lot.
The deck plan shows the theatre on deck five and absolutely nothing on deck 6, so maybe it is the height of two decks? 
I may be calling our TA in the morning to make a third category change. So far she still likes me!  Ha!  
I do not see us really using the concierge lounge for much other than coffee, and I am not certain how much of a difference earlier dinner reservations make for concierge lounge. I do not need three bags of laundry and can pay for one if needed. 

I thought in an earlier post you said you were on Marina.   Riviera has been renovated with the new bathrooms.  Marina HAS NOT.

Edited by the mice