SS aft deck 12 and 11 corner ? please

39august

Looking ahead to Sept/Oct 2023 on Equinox. Have this booked in SS 2125. But considering moving to the corner aft now called Sunset Suite and only about $200 pp more expensive. Have considered these before, but when Sky Suites were classified as S1 and S2, these corners were several hundred more than the S2's. Is the noise above very intrusive? Is there more cover over the balcony than those on the lower decks, please? And which deck 11 corner after has the window washing equipment? 

On 12 you will hear noise from the chairs being moved at  Sunset Bar.  Deck 11 would be my choice but it does have less cover from the sun.  I can’t help with window washing equipment.  We recently did a corner aft on the Reflection.  Cabin reviews & photos on-line said the window washing equipment was on Deck 10.

Turned out it wasn’t on Deck 10.

I was in SS 2217 (Port Corner) on the Reflection two weeks ago. There was occasional chair moving noises but nothing systemic nor long lasting, literally several seconds here and there. It wasn't annoying or disruptive. 

PXL_20220226_200910555.jpg

PXL_20220226_200945437.jpg

Edited by kwokpot
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

I was in SS 2217 (Port Corner) on the Reflection two weeks ago. There was occasional chair moving noises but nothing systemic nor long lasting, literally several seconds here and there. It wasn't annoying or disruptive. 

That is a super balcony!

• Like 2

We had a corner aft cabin, deck 12, on the Reflection for ten days in mid-January. I could count one hand the number of times that we heard any noise from anywhere. Would rebook this cabin without any reservation. No problems with washing equipment either.

Although all the way aft, the aft elevators are not that far which take you straight down to the suite restaurant. It was a walk to the front of the ship for the main theater and the Persian Gardens, which we bought for the entire cruise. Great cabin!

3 hours ago, jelayne said:

On 12 you will hear noise from the chairs being moved at  Sunset Bar.  Deck 11 would be my choice but it does have less cover from the sun.  I can’t help with window washing equipment.  We recently did a corner aft on the Reflection.  Cabin reviews & photos on-line said the window washing equipment was on Deck 10.

Turned out it wasn’t on Deck 10.

We found that the window washing equipment moved around.  When we were on Silhouette deck 8 S1 corner aft it was to the left of our curved balcony door and around the corner...didn't impede our view.

Edited by Oceangoer2

We've stayed in corner aft S1s quite a few times and love deck 11 the best.   

The window washing equipment was a deck or two below if I recall and I have to say that was a non-issue.  It obstructs a teeny part of the corner and honestly during the day it's moving around washing windows.   It didn't detract at all and to be quite honest, I didn't even realize it was there for several days.   I don't remember the deck but it was on Equinox or Eclipse.   

The previous Corner S1’s on the Solstice Class ship deck 12 are our favorite Sky Suites.  The occasional scrapping of chairs was not a problem for us. We really value the two way view, the extra port hole window, and the extra cover.  The cover is less  as you move down the decks.  Unless you prefer full sun, I would not go lower than deck 11.  

enjoy

• Like 1

22 hours ago, jagoffee said:

The previous Corner S1’s on the Solstice Class ship deck 12 are our favorite Sky Suites.  The occasional scrapping of chairs was not a problem for us. We really value the two way view, the extra port hole window, and the extra cover.  The cover is less  as you move down the decks.  Unless you prefer full sun, I would not go lower than deck 11.  

enjoy

Thanks you @jagoffee and @kwokpot for helping me make our decision. We booked Eclipse deck 12 aft 2151 for our Dec 2023 sailing. I'm hoping they will still have the table outside for breakfast on our balcony. deck.thumb.jpg.47d9fab67de665fa342906704817a303.jpg

• Like 1

jogoffee-So you are indicating that deck 11 corner afts do have some cover? We really like a covered balcony, so hesitate to take lower than deck 12. But would like to avoid noise.  I know the direction the ship is heading has a bearing on whether there is shade on the balcony as well as whatever cover there is. Still considering 12 or 11.

On 3/13/2022 at 1:13 PM, kwokpot said:

I love that balcony! 

5 hours ago, 39august said:

jogoffee-So you are indicating that deck 11 corner afts do have some cover? We really like a covered balcony, so hesitate to take lower than deck 12. But would like to avoid noise.  I know the direction the ship is heading has a bearing on whether there is shade on the balcony as well as whatever cover there is. Still considering 12 or 11.

As I recall deck 11 has more cover than deck 10,9,8, etc.  The storage location of the window washing equipment location is not the same for each Solstice Class ship.  It is deck 12 on some of them and deck 11 on others.  There is not doubt that deck 12 has the most cover/shade.  I could not find any good pictures in my photos. But I am sure you can find some here.  I recall some AFT picture posts with each cabin numbered.  On at least one of the Solstice class ships, the corner SS’s have a narrow balcony.

Happy hunting.