How are the Swans doing 2022??

4 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

Shame, the goal inaccuracy really let them down in the end

As my dad always say 'bad kicking is bad football'. Bombers were just too good in the end.

Just one of those days. Swans take their opportunities, we win by a solid 30 points. But missing a lot of gettable shots cost us big time, and Essendon grew in confidence and were able to snag a vital win.  Oh well.  Onto next week.

• Like 1

I thought I replied to this already but I didn't. Oops 😀 Glad the Swans won but it seems like their play has been deteriorating lately. Let's hope they play better this week.

Also wanted to congratulate all you Aussies for breaking the world record for dancing to Tina Turner's Nutbush City Limits--4000+. Good onya. I didn't even know this was a thing!

Go Swans!

7 hours ago, NoWhiners said:

Still, a record of any kind is good. I bet of couple of folks on this thread were there ☺️

Birdsville is a long way from everywhere and the races were postponed from when they were going to have them due to flooding so perhaps the crowd would have been even bigger.

• Like 1

Thanks for posting Mic. Nice win but the Swans seem to be slacking off on their scoring. I wish I could see them play and get a sense of how they are doing.

Last night at the very reasonable hour of 9:30 PM GWS Giants v. Lions was on.  But I've been watching The Open in the wee hours of the morning and fell asleep!

Go Swans!

5 hours ago, NoWhiners said:

Thanks for posting Mic. Nice win but the Swans seem to be slacking off on their scoring. I wish I could see them play and get a sense of how they are doing.

Last night at the very reasonable hour of 9:30 PM GWS Giants v. Lions was on.  But I've been watching The Open in the wee hours of the morning and fell asleep!

Go Swans!

That GWS game was played in Canberra, it wasn't a very nice day and GWS didn't play very well.

3 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

That GWS game was played in Canberra, it wasn't a very nice day and GWS didn't play very well.

I saw that--why? Do they just send some games up there so you guys can get out more?? 😁 I guess bad play should be expected when the weather is bad.

6 hours ago, NoWhiners said:

Nice win but the Swans seem to be slacking off on their scoring. I wish I could see them play and get a sense of how they are doing.

Very impressive win and superb coaching.

The Dockers burst out of the blocks and kicked the first three goals, but the Swans regained some control after that and in fact probably were the better team in the last 3 quarters.  It was some sloppy goalkicking that held us back and in fact I was pretty worried that we would pay for it like we did in the Essendon game.

The coaching staff had figured out the Dockers' zone defence and instructed the team to play a short chipping game. Just short little kicks to a free man and being patient and controlling the ball.  Very reminiscent of the powerful Collingwood team of 2010/11, you just couldn't get it back off them with their patience.

Of course the crowd didn't like that, but I was astounded that Fremantle didn't adapt at all over 3 quarters.  Baffling.

Super important win in the context of the season, and we've now beaten 3 of the top 4 teams. Now if we can figure out how to beat a bottom 4 team.......

4 minutes ago, losfp said:

Very impressive win and superb coaching.

The Dockers burst out of the blocks and kicked the first three goals, but the Swans regained some control after that and in fact probably were the better team in the last 3 quarters.  It was some sloppy goalkicking that held us back and in fact I was pretty worried that we would pay for it like we did in the Essendon game.

The coaching staff had figured out the Dockers' zone defence and instructed the team to play a short chipping game. Just short little kicks to a free man and being patient and controlling the ball.  Very reminiscent of the powerful Collingwood team of 2010/11, you just couldn't get it back off them with their patience.

Of course the crowd didn't like that, but I was astounded that Fremantle didn't adapt at all over 3 quarters.  Baffling.

Super important win in the context of the season, and we've now beaten 3 of the top 4 teams. Now if we can figure out how to beat a bottom 4 team.......

Thanks for that summary, I felt like I was there 😄 Agree about finding a way to beat the bottom teams. I guess they just relax a little too much. Season is shaping up better than I expected. I'm a little surprised to see Brisbane in the bottom 4. I thought they were among the favorites this season?

5 hours ago, NoWhiners said:

I saw that--why? Do they just send some games up there so you guys can get out more?? 😁 I guess bad play should be expected when the weather is bad.

Canberra (ACT GOV) is a major sponsor so they have to play a few games each season.