How are the Swans doing 2022??

Buddy has been given a 1 week suspension for hitting Trent Cochin of Richmond  in the face.

Sydney challenging the penalty.

From the video i saw, he had a rather soft first attempt, then a much more forceful action. As his body was in the way, not able to say whether it was with an open hand or a fist.

Trent may have a case for an Oscar -- however he was hit.

Honestly it was a dumb action from Bud. Cost us a reversed free kick and was completely unnecessary.  Just for that I think he should cop the suspension.

Yeah, it was soft. Yeah, it was provoked. But geez fella. In your 19th season at the top level and still being sucked into dumb errors like that.

• Like 1

I am shocked, shocked, to read that Buddy was suspended 😁 Can't believe he would intentionally hit another player.

OK, I'm just kidding. Seems like a bad time to lose him, what with some big games upcoming.

They are starting to show more AFL games here, a little earlier than usual. I hope that means more people here are watching and they continue to add games.

Go Swans!

• Like 1

I'm not even sure why we bothered to appeal - IMO it was pretty obvious and straightforward. A week is actually a good outcome considering. Appealing on the basis that it wasn't deliberate.. I dunno. It was off the ball, multiple hits. He knew exactly what he was doing. He was provoked, but it was a pretty dumb thing to do - the retaliator always gets sanctioned. That's always been the way in sports.

• Like 2

Fantastic 2nd quarter by Sydney to sneak in front by a couple of points. Melbourne are a strong team though - they're not top of the ladder for nothing! And the challenge for Swans is can we keep up the pressure for the second half.

• Like 1

Wow, I can't believe they won. I watched the first 5 minutes, they were down 12-1 and didn't look very organized. That 2Q sounds great. I just couldn't keep my eyes open, sorry I missed it. But, nice win. That win should put the rest of the league on notice!!

Thanks for posting Leigh.

Go Swans!

• Like 3

7 hours ago, NoWhiners said:

Lions-Saints on at 3 am here tonight. I'll watch if I wake up. Swans won't lose this week 😁

Go Swans!

Never underestimate the bye. (think I posted this some years ago.)