Semi-Live Anthem of the Seas 3-20-2022 to 03-27-2022

First, I want to thank all the Critics who have sailed during the restart to cruising over the past year during such uncertain times and provided us reports and information to keep us informed and entertained during the shutdown.  You helped many of us keep sane with knowing eventually we would get back to cruising. 

We leave tomorrow Sunday 3-20-2022 from Cape Liberty and I plan to hopefully provide some fun videos, and photos. While most aspects of Anthem are well known by now, (this is our third sailing on her), I will try to provide as many updates as I can and depending on the internet connections as many photos and videos as I can to share our week with you.

Our Itinerary for the upcoming week...

Itinerary.thumb.jpeg.e721aa2a074073a9351021136c27961b.jpeg

We have several Specialty Dining nights planned and having booked just last weekend, need to get in the cruise planner and work out some activities..

Will report starting tomorrow am on our travels up the NJ Turnpike to Cap Liberty Cruise Port...

http://www.cruiseliberty.com/

We have a 1PM checkin.. then hopefully a date with a Kummelweck from Cafe' 270.. praying they have it..

Look for further updates tomorrow and thanks for joining along...

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, toot2cruise4ever said:

Welcome back Seadog!  That was awesome......  Looking forward to your review.

Thanks Toot! Glad to be back and glad your back as well! Like the new Toot as well!!!

• Like 1

Packing has commenced. Funny thing, in the past I would not look forward to packing, but two and a half years removed from any travel of any sort, I am giddy like a kid going to Disney at the thought of packing.  Separation makes the heart grow fond or something like that 🙂

Start with the important packing first... and I get to try out for the first time one of the best Christmas presents I have received since my red rider bb gun at 10 😜

My Leica D-Lux 7 along with the few other items I bring along to capture pictures and videos..

image.thumb.png.13e56104b26ef405635d2371194dd594.png 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Packing is completed. Might be enough for a 12 Month Artic Expedition but sailing from the NE in late winter early spring can be a toss up on how many cold days we have. Sailing down the Hudson River on Embarkation Day, outside can be very cool to down right freezing cold this time of year. Anticipating shorts weather by Tuesday but one never knows.4C7E3797-2C88-4BC6-9002-DAE320FC5114.thumb.jpeg.5cafa6402f90af217754553b9736c2c4.jpeg

50 minutes ago, seadog67 said:

Packing is completed. Might be enough for a 12 Month Artic Expedition but sailing from the NE in late winter early spring can be a toss up on how many cold days we have. Sailing down the Hudson River on Embarkation Day, outside can be very cool to down right freezing cold this time of year. Anticipating shorts weather by Tuesday but one never knows.4C7E3797-2C88-4BC6-9002-DAE320FC5114.thumb.jpeg.5cafa6402f90af217754553b9736c2c4.jpeg

Gee packing light.  Looks like 1/2 DW's carryons LOL.

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, suesnake2002 said:

Excited to know I will be sailing with a cc celebrity!!  Although we go internet blackout while cruising. It will be interesting to read your review after we get back. See ya onboard 

LOL Celebrities come cheap now a days 🙂  I hope we have a great week and it is really needed after over 2 and a half years since I was last away from home. That is also one of the reason I do these reports is I can look back a few month later and relive the experience while working until the next cruise!

Thanks for checking in!

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, crewsweeper said:

Looking forward to this and all the pictures.  Only seen Anthem from cruise pier in ports.

Thanks for checking in @crewsweeper! I will do the best I can to provide pictures and videos. Videos will depend on the internet but I remember it was somewhat decent during our last cruise on Anthem.

Hope to have a video from the bumper cars again as we had a real good laugh on out last trip.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, seadog67 said:

First, I want to thank all the Critics who have sailed during the restart to cruising over the past year during such uncertain times and provided us reports and information to keep us informed and entertained during the shutdown.  You helped many of us keep sane with knowing eventually we would get back to cruising. 

We leave tomorrow Sunday 3-20-2022 from Cape Liberty and I plan to hopefully provide some fun videos, and photos. While most aspects of Anthem are well known by now, (this is our third sailing on her), I will try to provide as many updates as I can and depending on the internet connections as many photos and videos as I can to share our week with you.

Our Itinerary for the upcoming week...

Itinerary.thumb.jpeg.e721aa2a074073a9351021136c27961b.jpeg

We have several Specialty Dining nights planned and having booked just last weekend, need to get in the cruise planner and work out some activities..

Will report starting tomorrow am on our travels up the NJ Turnpike to Cap Liberty Cruise Port...

http://www.cruiseliberty.com/

We have a 1PM checkin.. then hopefully a date with a Kummelweck from Cafe' 270.. praying they have it..

Look for further updates tomorrow and thanks for joining along...

We will be joining you on this sailing.. our first stop after muster drill check in will be cafe270 for their kummelweck too!    See you there🤩

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, crewsweeper said:

Gee packing light.  Looks like 1/2 DW's carryons LOL.

😁  It's only light in pictures, once you try and pick one of those suitcase up I will need a hernia doctor on speed dial.  But you are correct we are practicing for a cruise in May when we need to fly to Florida to cruise with family and are trying to change our ways and not pay overweight baggage fees then. Those bags are each 54 pounds now, we need to lose 4 pound in packing by May....😆

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Sunshine3601 said:

We will be joining you on this sailing.. our first stop after muster drill check in will be cafe270 for their kummelweck too!    See you there🤩

Outstanding @Sunshine3601 ! We are going to have a great week sailing! Damn it is such a good feeling have the excitement for a pending cruise again!  Safe travels tomorrow!

• Like 1

This dog wishes you a great cruise and I will be following along. Anxious to hear how you like your new camera and see pics. Hopefully inter On board can let you upload some high resolution pics. Cheers!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

This dog wishes you a great cruise and I will be following along. Anxious to hear how you like your new camera and see pics. Hopefully inter On board can let you upload some high resolution pics. Cheers!

Thanks Sea Dog! Glad your along for the ride, us dogs need to stick together! I will be trying to upload high res and also put into practice some of the lessons I have been learning on taking better pictures. Only so many trees and hiking trail picture one can take before they need a better subject... like a nice big cruise ship!

• Like 2

Obviously everyone has different opinions on various cruise ships and like some better than others. I am not the biggest fan of the Anthem of the Seas, compared to other ships in the fleet and i liked Odyssey of the Seas a lot when I first sailed on her the cruise before she left for the far east.

However one of the venues I really really like on Anthem and Odyssey is 270 at the back of the ship. I saw some awesome shows there and several really good cover bands on our last cruise in 2018 being a Journey Cover Band.

IMG_FA7E59972D00-1.thumb.jpeg.bfa8dd259f79d4a8f454223067eda3a3.jpeg

The other highlight for us is hopefully getting to Coco Cay. We have been there several times on past trips and missed the stop entirely an equal number of trips due to poor weather and tender difficulties.  During our last trip we made note from the Tender of the continued construction of the pier they had been building for several years and commented that it will be really nice to visit the island after the pier is completed with an almost guarantee of not missing the stop due to tendering difficulties..

image.thumb.png.c5cec2afc746703b907321a6b8bc6caa.png 

We are also excited to see first hand all the changes compared to our last visit...

image.thumb.png.e66fadcf21db6184c33fe89caf4caa03.png

image.thumb.png.011a7c4339d75c73806a92264ece64ba.png 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wolfcathorse said:

please post who the master is! I need to see if my chart is correct (Capt Srecko or Toni).

Will do, along with the rest of the Senior Staff. If for some reason I do not, please feel free to pop in anytime and remind me and I will look right then, but I upload all the dailies so should not be a problem.

Another first for us this trip.. maybe a second as I may have tried in the past but am forgetting, is we put in bids on 3 potential upgrades via the royal up email we received. Having booked this cruise just last Sunday and preferring a balcony cabin.. yes we are officially snobs when it comes to a balcony 😆 we ended up in a 4D Balcony at the back on the port side almost the last cabin if I recall.  All Suites showed as sold out when we booked.

On our royal up bids I placed one for an upgrade to the Sky Loft Suite, Owner's Suite and or a 1 Bedroom Grand Suite. Bidding what the site showed as a good offer just above a fair offer in the hopes of snagging one if she is sailing at reduced capacity I hoped there might be one upgrade to a Suite available. Alas, the day is slipping by and all my bids still show as pending so we are assuming we will not get an upgrade.

The trials and tribulations of 1st world problems 🤣 but it would have been nice!