Semi-Live Anthem of the Seas 3-20-2022 to 03-27-2022

We are on the April 10th sailing (my present to hubby for his 65th birthday),  so I’ll be following your posts!  My daughter and I were on Anthem last November, but this time…no masks!!  Also in November, Spectra and We Will Rock You we’re both canceled on 0ur sailing 😢. Safe travels!!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

We loved the Journey tribute band, assuming it was DSB!

I believe that was the name, it has been a while. They were great and the place was hopping during the set! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 2VaCruzers said:

We are on the April 10th sailing (my present to hubby for his 65th birthday),  so I’ll be following your posts!  My daughter and I were on Anthem last November, but this time…no masks!!  Also in November, Spectra and We Will Rock You we’re both canceled on 0ur sailing 😢. Safe travels!!

Glad your along for the ride! I know your April 10th will be great, I am thinking as time rolls on things will move more and more towards a bit more normalcy. Have not really looked at the app yet to see what shows we want to catch this week.

Have a great time in April !

Just now, seadog67 said:

Glad your along for the ride! I know your April 10th will be great, I am thinking as time rolls on things will move more and more towards a bit more normalcy. Have not really looked at the app yet to see what shows we want to catch this week.

Have a great time in April !

Thanks!!  Y’all have a blast!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, seadog67 said:

😁  It's only light in pictures, once you try and pick one of those suitcase up I will need a hernia doctor on speed dial.  But you are correct we are practicing for a cruise in May when we need to fly to Florida to cruise with family and are trying to change our ways and not pay overweight baggage fees then. Those bags are each 54 pounds now, we need to lose 4 pound in packing by May....😆

Warmer weather will help get rid of those extra pounds.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, mugtech said:

Was originally listed as a Philadelphia Eagles cruise.  Be interested to know if anyone is flying the colors this cruise.  We really enjoyed We Will Rock You, is that still playing?

I did not know that regarding the Philadelphia Eagles Cruise. Being from the NJ side of Philadelphia, we are Eagles fans, so you may see me in an eagles polo shirt one or two days 😉.

I will check on We will Rock you and report back. I still have not dug into the app to see anything outside of check in so far and book some specialty dinners online.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, dbancroft said:

Warmer weather will help get rid of those extra pounds.

I just read your signature and it made me realize in an earlier post I mentioned being on the Odyssey of the Seas in relation to Anthem, and realize now I meant to say Quantum of the Seas was our first Quantum Class ship we tried right before it went to the far east several year ago. 

Also how the ships have evolved since your Song of Norway first Cruise! Bet that was somewhat different in many respects to todays cruises? 

• Like 1

We board tomorrow as well. My 60th birthday on the 21st so really looking forward to this trip. First cruise in 2 and a half years, after having to cancel countless times like everyone else. Our bids are still showing pending. I've lost all hope, but I guess we'll see tomorrow. I'm very disappointed to NOT see "We Will Rock You" and "Spectra's Cabaret" in the Entertainment section of the app daily planner. This will be a huge disappointment for me. But am happy to see "Led Zeppelin" tribute band tomorrow in the Music Hall.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, LouTheGlue said:

We board tomorrow as well. My 60th birthday on the 21st so really looking forward to this trip. First cruise in 2 and a half years, after having to cancel countless times like everyone else. Our bids are still showing pending. I've lost all hope, but I guess we'll see tomorrow. I'm very disappointed to NOT see "We Will Rock You" and "Spectra's Cabaret" in the Entertainment section of the app daily planner. This will be a huge disappointment for me. But am happy to see "Led Zeppelin" tribute band tomorrow in the Music Hall.

Outstanding! Happy Birthday @LouTheGlue and what a great way to spend it. I am a big Zepplin fan so I will have to be sure to check that out in the music hall. It sounds like @DaniDanielle is indicating there is a good chance We Will Rock You will be going on!

Good luck with the upgrade as well, I had lost hope but other on this thread indicated the upgrades can happen even on the day of sailing so hope lives!!! 

Enjoy the week an happy birthday again!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, seadog67 said:

Outstanding! Happy Birthday @LouTheGlue and what a great way to spend it. I am a big Zepplin fan so I will have to be sure to check that out in the music hall. It sounds like @DaniDanielle is indicating there is a good chance We Will Rock You will be going on!

Good luck with the upgrade as well, I had lost hope but other on this thread indicated the upgrades can happen even on the day of sailing so hope lives!!! 

Enjoy the week an happy birthday again!

Thank you very much... I hope @DaniDanielle is right. We've sailed Anthem before and I loved Queen so really enjoyed WWRY. Fingers crossed I get to see it again.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, LouTheGlue said:

Someone posted this on the Mar 20 anthem Facebook group

FB_IMG_1647745333238.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, MrFunInTheSun said:

Thanks for bringing us along. I’ll be picking up with a “Live” when you get off the week of 3/27/22. 

Thanks for following and we will bring her back in good shape for your sailing!

6 hours ago, Peak city said:

We're also sailing tomorrow.  First time on Anthem and really looking forward to it.  Hopefully we'll see you at sail away get together at the North Star bar at 3 pm.

Sue & Rich

It is going to be a great week! I will swing by NS during sail away as we do not have any plans as of yet. Safe Travels today to the Port!

• Like 1

Good Morning Cruise Critics, welcome to the official Day 1 of Semi-Live from Anthem of the Seas.. 

After 2 and a half years of no travel and not being away from the house, not even for an overnight stay somewhere, to say it was tough sleeping last night due to pent up excitement is an understatement.

The plan for today, is to drop our two elderly dog children off at the senior boarding home they have been going to for many years at about 9:30. Pack up the chuckwagon at about 10:30 and head up the NJ Turnpike toward Bayonne shortly after.

Yesterday was a beautiful weather day in this area and hitting over 70 degrees, while last night heavy storms rolled through and are now cleared out but cooler windy weather is moving in.

Forecast for todays sail a way  (Mostly Cloudy, with a high of 57 (not bad for this time of the year) however there is a small craft advisory, so we may have a bit of Motion on the Ocean for sailaway)

IMG_9455.thumb.PNG.d4873abf9f913cd22c64b02d040761b1.PNG

Now with a nice mug of texas tea otherwise known as a cup o Joe, I plan to look through the planner and the activities sheet @Blur posted a few post back and start to formulate a plan for the week.

Check back later for some travel pictures and arrival videos. 

The Sea has called and we are answering her!!

• Like 2

Here is a quick look at our calendar for today..

Looking forward to the Streamlined Muster Drill. Happy Days!!

Mrs. Seadog67 already has something scheduled to spend money 😆 then we might try and test our Beatles knowledge, more jewlery 😢 then a late supper at My Time before we rock out to some Zepplin… if we can stay awake 😴

3B25512E-A21E-44BF-BF85-75FBCEE702F8.thumb.png.c4eb41f82ac0543cb5bdc837c9851be9.png0E9AD13D-DA39-46BC-B162-338A3FF743CF.thumb.png.1bce0fde8c60c342ba27705592d759d4.png54420718-FD2B-46C7-AA4F-F081CCB2D8FF.thumb.png.325e6e9a1d2af2806c58c63b59aac0a8.png

• Like 1