Pre-cruise testing.....

2 minutes ago, SPacificbound said:

We will be staying in Baltimore a few days before boarding (August 7 departure) Anyone know where to get COVID test that RCCL will accept? I have iHealth COVID-19 Antigen Rapid Tests. Will they accept them?

No.  The only self-administered tests that are acceptable are the ones that are proctored - emed and optum.  They can be ordered on RC's website.  Emed also sells them on their own website.

2 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

No.  The only self-administered tests that are acceptable are the ones that are proctored - emed and optum.  They can be ordered on RC's website.  Emed also sells them on their own website.

Okay, thanks. Not until August, maybe it will change hopefully.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, SPacificbound said:

We will be staying in Baltimore a few days before boarding (August 7 departure) Anyone know where to get COVID test that RCCL will accept? I have iHealth COVID-19 Antigen Rapid Tests. Will they accept them?

8 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

You can go to the I-Health website and for a $20 fee, you can have the "government tests" proctored and receive an official test report that should be valid for travel.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Do a Google Maps search for test sites in the area.

Not useful for a cruise 5 months from now. For example, CVS was a viable place to get a rapid test.... until a week ago when a lot of CVSs across the country stopped doing it. 

The best advice is to get a proctored self test like the eMed test recommended by Royal. Our insurance paid for the full cost of the test (even though the federal government only requires them to pay the first $12/kit). 

Edited by BirdTravels

You can currently book one at a Walgreens a week before you need it.  I just checked and the Walgreens in my town still have a LOT of openings for tomorrow.  That said it would not surprise me if the pharmacies stop testing before the summer.  Hoping the cruise requirement goes away as well

• Like 1

3 hours ago, not-enough-cruising said:

You can go to the I-Health website and for a $20 fee, you can have the "government tests" proctored and receive an official test report that should be valid for travel.

Has anyone tried the proctored I health tests for cruise? CVS and Walgreens are no longer doing antigen tests in our area (everywhere?) and PCR timing is questionable so I’m really liking the I health option if it is viable

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, not-enough-cruising said:

Have you tried using their service for cruising yet? 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Not useful for a cruise 5 months from now. For example, CVS was a viable place to get a rapid test.... until a week ago when a lot of CVSs across the country stopped doing it. 

The best advice is to get a proctored self test like the eMed test recommended by Royal. Our insurance paid for the full cost of the test (even though the federal government only requires them to pay the first $12/kit). 

I noticed that our CVS here no longer does rapid tests. We have the emed tests to use.

9 minutes ago, molly361 said:

I wonder when the pharmacies will stop offering testing altogether.  The local Walgreens here has openings for just about anytime today.  Not filling up like they used to

Is the rapid NAAT test the same as the antigen test? And is that one accepted by royal? If so, our local Walgreens is showing time slots available 

Edited by lovesthebeach2

23 hours ago, not-enough-cruising said:

That's news to me!  Very interesting.  Thank you for sharing that!

• Like 2

On 3/20/2022 at 9:37 AM, not-enough-cruising said:

Do you mean the free government tests that were mailed to us?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Lane Hog said:

I'd make sure that their Procter is approved by the cruise line first. RCL has an approved proctor and only specific home tests are listed.

I don’t believe Royal has an “approved proctor” 

the policy states at home tests are accepted as long as they are proctored. 

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/is-there-a-telemedicine-option-for-pre-cruise-covid-19-test

• Thanks 1