Quarantine Zones

Host Sharon

2 minutes ago, Selbourne said:

Good to hear. We have booked 3 Deluxe Balcony cabins in a row on Iona for next summer. Ours is an accessible one. In their infinite window, all the accessible deluxe balcony cabins are now in the designated quarantine zone, so they could move two of the cabins but not ours. The only upgrade would be the sole accessible suite, which we didn’t want anyway as it is at the aft of the ship above the sunset bar, so would be noisy. We also paid Select to choose cabins in the best position on the ship and so that all cabins could be adjacent. Whilst our daughters and partners would be disappointed, my wife and I are both of the view that if this quarantine zone nonsense persists into next year we would rather cancel than worry about the last minute aggravation. 

From what I've seen and heard not many of the quarantined cabins have been in use.  Perhaps someone knows differently? Hopefully, as you say this will be over by next year. We book our favourite cabins in order to look forward to our cruise. Not to be worried that it will be taken away from us.

12 minutes ago, Danamis said:

From what I've seen and heard not many of the quarantined cabins have been in use.  Perhaps someone knows differently? 

I think they are still kicking people out of them so that they are free ‘just in case’. 

13 minutes ago, Danamis said:

Hopefully, as you say this will be over by next year.

I do too, but we all said that last year….and the year before! It looks like cruising is going to be the last thing to return to normal, so all bets are off as far as timings are concerned. 

16 minutes ago, Danamis said:

We book our favourite cabins in order to look forward to our cruise. Not to be worried that it will be taken away from us.

That’s exactly our view and, in all honesty, I now regret making the bookings. My wife is far more chilled about things than I am, but she is saying that if P&O mess up this holiday for us and our family (who we are taking) then we are done with them. And she can hold a grudge 🤔😂

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
18 minutes ago, Tablelamp said:

I am going on a 35 night cruise on Ventura at the beginning of March 2023. Does anybody know the procedure should I test positive during the cruise.

Things could change completely between now and next March, I have just booked a cruise for next year and hope to forget about it until after xmas. Also the destination countries rules change as well, sometimes at short notice.

Currently they bung you in an isolation cabin which is a balcony?

There is an unsubstantiated rumour on Britannia that the number of isolation cabins is going to be reduced (possibly completely) in the not too distant future.

My assumption would be that anyone testing positive (if onboard testing continues) would have to have cabin isolation.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, david63 said:

There is an unsubstantiated rumour on Britannia that the number of isolation cabins is going to be reduced (possibly completely) in the not too distant future.

My assumption would be that anyone testing positive (if onboard testing continues) would have to have cabin isolation.

I believe its being looked at on certain cruises depending upon destination.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/2/2022 at 9:05 PM, molecrochip said:

I believe its being looked at on certain cruises depending upon destination.

4 hours ago, mickey1959 said:

How about the British Isles Cruise?

I believe on-board testing no longer takes place.

• Thanks 1

So, on a British Islands cruise, the quarantine requirement will be low.

For, say, Azura sailing out of Malta, the Maltese administration and the countries that she visits still insists on a set % of cabins to be maintained for quarantine.

• Thanks 3

3 hours ago, molecrochip said:

So, on a British Islands cruise, the quarantine requirement will be low.

For, say, Azura sailing out of Malta, the Maltese administration and the countries that she visits still insists on a set % of cabins to be maintained for quarantine.

So may not be quarantine cabins on British Isles Cruise?

7 hours ago, david63 said:

In some circumstances it does

It may do on some  cruise companies but Iona didn't do any testing on our Fjord cruise. In fact there were no restrictions whatsoever.

I have just received some up to date protocols.  It would appear that should you test positive during a cruise, some countries insist that you be disembarked and spend time in a quarantine hotel.   A little harsh on a 35 night cruise.  Has nooner heard about this?

1 hour ago, Tablelamp said:

I have just received some up to date protocols.  It would appear that should you test positive during a cruise, some countries insist that you be disembarked and spend time in a quarantine hotel.   A little harsh on a 35 night cruise.  Has nooner heard about this?

Where have you received these protocols from. What countries are doing this?

• Like 1

As far as I am aware the countries that insisted on you being disembarked (Spain, Greece) have ceased that now. It sounds a bit like an old email.

But of course these things can change at a moment's notice

Edited by david63
  • Like 2

On 6/4/2022 at 3:44 PM, david63 said:

You mean that you did not see, or hear of, any testing taking place - that is not the same as no testing taking place

If they did it was kept very very quiet. There were certainly NO restrictions whatsoever on the ship....no masks, no self distancing, serve yourself food...in fact very little hygiene visible from passengers and not many seemed to use the  anti bacterial dispensers scattered around. 

11 hours ago, Tablelamp said:

I followed a link to supposed new protocols and saw the same, but I suspect it's just that P&O IT have not yet read the internal memo.😉

• Like 1

I wasn't aware that anywhere on the summer schedule was currently enforcing mandatory offloading for positive testing passengers.

(Noting that situations do change and a significant outbreak on board ship/quarantine near full may get a different response from local health authorities).

The OP is referring to a 35 night cruise.  Could this perhaps refer to Barbados, US and Canada who do appear to be offloading guests on other lines?

The P&O web page does specifically refer to fly cruises ending in Barbados and Malta as possible offloading ports.

• Like 2