Quarantine Zones

Host Sharon

due to cruise the British Isles in July. We just received an email stating that we need an authentic certification of vaccination. They will refuse the vaccination cards. We do not receive anything but the cards in the States. Does anyone have a number for customer support? Even our T.A. is having difficulty getting info from them. We had changed to this cruise after the original cruise, that was a partial world cruise out of San Fran in 2021, was cancelled. 

11 hours ago, cocktail1954 said:

due to cruise the British Isles in July. We just received an email stating that we need an authentic certification of vaccination. They will refuse the vaccination cards. We do not receive anything but the cards in the States. Does anyone have a number for customer support? Even our T.A. is having difficulty getting info from them. We had changed to this cruise after the original cruise, that was a partial world cruise out of San Fran in 2021, was cancelled. 

You would probably be wise to speak to P and O direct. The vaccination cards in the UK are what are issued at the point of vaccination and are easily forged hence the need here for an official NHS app or a letter. The US cards might be totally different?

• Like 1

My wife and I are going on the Aurora in July ,just been told my cabin is being moved due to Covid protocols .My cabin is the same grade but on the Lido deck not an area I want to be in. Phoned P &O basically told take it or leave it ,no compensation , i could move to another cruise or cancel it and loose 50 % of my money .What's the point of using select booking should have used savers 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Ezz said:

My wife and I are going on the Aurora in July ,just been told my cabin is being moved due to Covid protocols .My cabin is the same grade but on the Lido deck not an area I want to be in. Phoned P &O basically told take it or leave it ,no compensation , i could move to another cruise or cancel it and loose 50 % of my money .What's the point of using select booking should have used savers 

I agree and that is why we will be cancelling our three bookings for Iona before the balance due date if P&O maintain the policy of having quarantine zones. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ezz said:

Another example of how poor P&O have been treating who have booked Select fare and then had to have a different cabin allocated.  I think that as a gesture of goodwill they could do something like reduce the fare to that of an Early Saver, but retain the benefits of (ie dining choice, shuttles and OBC) of the Select fare.

I appreciate that there are some people on here who need to choose Select fare because they require certain type of cabin due to mobility issues.  Something better needs to be sorted out for them than cancel with a financial penalty or re-book.  Not everyone is able to re-book.  And losing 50% of your money quite simply sounds like being penalised for P&O moving someone's cabin to another cabin that may not meet those passengers needs.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Son of Anarchy said:

Another example of how poor P&O have been treating who have booked Select fare and then had to have a different cabin allocated.  I think that as a gesture of goodwill they could do something like reduce the fare to that of an Early Saver, but retain the benefits of (ie dining choice, shuttles and OBC) of the Select fare.

I appreciate that there are some people on here who need to choose Select fare because they require certain type of cabin due to mobility issues.  Something better needs to be sorted out for them than cancel with a financial penalty or re-book.  Not everyone is able to re-book.  And losing 50% of your money quite simply sounds like being penalised for P&O moving someone's cabin to another cabin that may not meet those passengers needs.

We were very disappointed with how our cabin move from the lovely Aft cabins on Ventura was dealt with. We asked for compensatation as we had paid for Select but our emails went unanswered by P and O. Unless we would be getting a lot of perks by booking Select we are now booking Saver. We have indeed just changed a Select cruise for a different Saver one. It  does make you lose confidence.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Danamis said:

We were very disappointed with how our cabin move from the lovely Aft cabins on Ventura was dealt with. We asked for compensatation as we had paid for Select but our emails went unanswered by P and O. Unless we would be getting a lot of perks by booking Select we are now booking Saver. We have indeed just changed a Select cruise for a different Saver one. It  does make you lose confidence.

By booking Select and ticking no upgrades we were able to get a refund for our cruise.

15 minutes ago, NotDelilah said:

By booking Select and ticking no upgrades we were able to get a refund for our cruise.

We had booked Select but did not choose refunds as we were travelling with family who could not change their holiday weeks. If it was just the two of us that would pprobably have been the way to go.

On 6/22/2022 at 9:08 AM, Selbourne said:

I agree and that is why we will be cancelling our three bookings for Iona before the balance due date if P&O maintain the policy of having quarantine zones. 

But the current q zones are known, so you could check if your cabin is in one of them.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

But the current q zones are known, so you could check if your cabin is in one of them.

Shouldn’t it be the other way around?! P&O could easily drop an email forewarning that booked cabins might be unavailable and at the very least give passengers the opportunity to review their booking. 

• Like 4

We're booked into B749 on Azura in September. We specifically like this cabin and booked it accordingly. However, having read this thread, I actioned a dummy booking on a Select Fare basis to identify what cabins may still be available. On Decks 10,11 and 12, all the aft cabins are "Sold Out!" Am I being overly anxious? I think this is a bad sign. We have received no notification from P&O but my instinct tells me that these cabins are not Sold Out! but are potentially the designated Q-Zone. Should I jump now and book an alternate preferred cabin? 

2 hours ago, NauticalMiss said:

We're booked into B749 on Azura in September. We specifically like this cabin and booked it accordingly. However, having read this thread, I actioned a dummy booking on a Select Fare basis to identify what cabins may still be available. On Decks 10,11 and 12, all the aft cabins are "Sold Out!" Am I being overly anxious? I think this is a bad sign. We have received no notification from P&O but my instinct tells me that these cabins are not Sold Out! but are potentially the designated Q-Zone. Should I jump now and book an alternate preferred cabin? 

Aft balcony cabins can sell out fairly quickly for the more popular cruises.  Hopefully this is the case.  

1 hour ago, Son of Anarchy said:

Aft balcony cabins can sell out fairly quickly for the more popular cruises.  Hopefully this is the case.  

We had our B deck Aft cabin taken off us on Ventura a couple of months ago as it was used for quarantine.  Not sure if that is still the case...

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ezz said:

Does anybody know who the CEO of P and O cruises is and email address, tried PaulnLudlow but it bounces back 

paul.ludlow@pocruises.com

However response will probably be from Executive Correspondence, who will say he has read your email and asked them to respond.

2 minutes ago, NotDelilah said:

paul.ludlow@pocruises.com

However response will probably be from Executive Correspondence, who will say he has read your email and asked them to respond.

Thanks I will try that as so far Customer Service and Guest Support have failed to respond to my emails 

I originally booked the cruise in 2019 ,postponed twice for obvious reasons .We don't  want to cancel I just think P &O have handled the whole cabin relocation very badly .No personal contact ,basically take it it or leave it attitude. Very poor !

1 hour ago, NotDelilah said:

If you booked Select and ticked “no upgrade” you are entitled to a full refund.

That is very interesting.  Do you have anything to prove this in writing or did you just get to speak to an amenable person?  I'm £16.5k out of pocket after being told I was being given an unwanted upgrade back in January and would appreciate any help I can get in claiming it back.

1 hour ago, Ezz said:

I originally booked the cruise in 2019 ,postponed twice for obvious reasons .We don't  want to cancel I just think P &O have handled the whole cabin relocation very badly .No personal contact ,basically take it it or leave it attitude. Very poor !

We were in exactly the same position. No contact whatsoever apart from the new cabin allocation. It was only the fact that the crew were all lovely that salvaged the holiday. Certainly not P and O Customer Service.

1 hour ago, Pippa04 said:

That is very interesting.  Do you have anything to prove this in writing or did you just get to speak to an amenable person?  I'm £16.5k out of pocket after being told I was being given an unwanted upgrade back in January and would appreciate any help I can get in claiming it back.

Crikey that's an awful lot of money. What was so bad about the upgrade that you decided to, presumably not go ahead with the cruise?

11 hours ago, NauticalMiss said:

We have cabins near this in few weeks time and are not being moved.  When we cruised in April all aft cabins (701 up) were reserved for quarantine but now it’s only on some decks, not B.  However things can change.

On 6/22/2022 at 9:08 AM, Selbourne said:

The problem is not having quarantine zones. It is constantly changing them for no apparent reason. Why can't P&O set aside a zone and NOT sell cabins in that zone. Nobody would have to suffer having their cabins changed .

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Pippa04 said:

I rang P&O on receiving details of my new cabin. Told them unacceptable and I wanted a refund. The person checked with supervisor and because I had ticked “no upgrade” I was entitled to a refund. It became a bit more complicated because I had booked using future cruise credit. I gave them written permission to remove the enhancement and then received my refund.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1