"LIVE" Majestic Princess, Back-to-Back, Apr 2nd to Apr 16th

LACruiser88

LauraS
This post was recognized by LauraS!

""Thanks for generously sharing your time at sea with everyone at Cruise Critic""

LACruiser88 was awarded the badge '"Live from...."'

Today, we received our third consecutive Negative Antigen test result, in three weeks.  We are ready for another back-to-back!  Our 7 yr old granddaughter and her parents will be joining us for the 2nd voyage.

Last night, we were advised by an onboard crew member that the passenger count for the Apr 2nd sailing is at 3,200+!  With 500 passengers under the age of 18.  It will be a busy ship to be sure.  The Apr 9th sailing is currently at 2,000 +/-

MLR070.jpg
Map shows port stops for Mexican Riviera. For more details, refer to the List of Port Stops table on this page.

7 Days | 3 Ports

Date Port Arrive Depart
Sat, Apr 2 Los Angeles, CaliforniaView excursionsin Los Angeles, California on Sat, Apr 2   04:00 pm
Sun, Apr 3 At SeaView onboard experiencefor Sun, Apr 3    
Mon, Apr 4 Cabo San Lucas, MexicoView excursionsin Cabo San Lucas, Mexico on Mon, Apr 4
( Water Shuttle Required, Wheelchair Access Limited )
11:00 am 08:00 pm
Tue, Apr 5 Mazatlan, MexicoView excursionsin Mazatlan, Mexico on Tue, Apr 5 08:00 am 06:00 pm
Wed, Apr 6 Puerto Vallarta, MexicoView excursionsin Puerto Vallarta, Mexico on Wed, Apr 6 08:00 am 06:00 pm
Thu, Apr 7 At SeaView onboard experiencefor Thu, Apr 7    
Fri, Apr 8 At SeaView onboard experiencefor Fri, Apr 8    
Sat, Apr 9 Los Angeles, CaliforniaView excursionsin Los Angeles, California on Sat, Apr 9 06:15 am
LLC070.jpg
Map shows port stops for Classic California Coast. For more details, refer to the List of Port Stops table on this page.

7 Days | 4 Ports

Date Port Arrive Depart
Sat, Apr 9 Los Angeles, CaliforniaView excursionsin Los Angeles, California on Sat, Apr 9   04:00 pm
Sun, Apr 10 At SeaView onboard experiencefor Sun, Apr 10    
Mon, Apr 11 San Francisco, CaliforniaView excursionsin San Francisco, California on Mon, Apr 11 07:00 am 10:00 pm
Tue, Apr 12 At SeaView onboard experiencefor Tue, Apr 12    
Wed, Apr 13 Santa Barbara, CaliforniaView excursionsin Santa Barbara, California on Wed, Apr 13
07:00 am 04:00 pm
Thu, Apr 14 San Diego, CaliforniaView excursionsin San Diego, California on Thu, Apr 14 11:00 am 10:00 pm
Fri, Apr 15 Ensenada, MexicoView excursionsin Ensenada, Mexico on Fri, Apr 15 08:00 am 05:00 pm
Sat, Apr 16 Los Angeles, CaliforniaView excursionsin Los Angeles, California on Sat, Apr 16 06:15 am  
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Hi there.  That sounds like a full ship as the majestic only holds a little over 3500.  We are on this cruise and I looked at the open cabins today.  There are a ton of mini suites open and some insides.  Are you on the ship now and they told you it is 3200?  Sure hoping that it’s not that full, but will make the best of it.

• Like 1

Perhaps you can answer this question.  I am on the April 17 7 day coastal.  After our pre-cruise Covid test, should we expect any additional routine testing. During the 7 day or is that because you are doing B2Bs? Thanks

1 hour ago, LACruiser88 said:

Today, we received our third consecutive Negative Antigen test result, in three weeks.  We are ready for another back-to-back!  Our 7 yr old granddaughter and her parents will be joining us for the 2nd voyage.

Last night, we were advised by an onboard crew member that the passenger count for the Apr 2nd sailing is at 3,200+!  With 500 passengers under the age of 18.  It will be a busy ship to be sure.  The Apr 9th sailing is currently at 2,000 +/-

MLR070.jpg
Map shows port stops for Mexican Riviera. For more details, refer to the List of Port Stops table on this page.

7 Days | 3 Ports

Date Port Arrive Depart
Sat, Apr 2 Los Angeles, CaliforniaView excursionsin Los Angeles, California on Sat, Apr 2   04:00 pm
Sun, Apr 3 At SeaView onboard experiencefor Sun, Apr 3    
Mon, Apr 4 Cabo San Lucas, MexicoView excursionsin Cabo San Lucas, Mexico on Mon, Apr 4
11:00 am 08:00 pm
Tue, Apr 5 Mazatlan, MexicoView excursionsin Mazatlan, Mexico on Tue, Apr 5 08:00 am 06:00 pm
Wed, Apr 6 Puerto Vallarta, MexicoView excursionsin Puerto Vallarta, Mexico on Wed, Apr 6 08:00 am 06:00 pm
Thu, Apr 7 At SeaView onboard experiencefor Thu, Apr 7    
Fri, Apr 8 At SeaView onboard experiencefor Fri, Apr 8    
Sat, Apr 9 Los Angeles, CaliforniaView excursionsin Los Angeles, California on Sat, Apr 9 06:15 am
LLC070.jpg
Map shows port stops for Classic California Coast. For more details, refer to the List of Port Stops table on this page.

7 Days | 4 Ports

Date Port Arrive Depart
Sat, Apr 9 Los Angeles, CaliforniaView excursionsin Los Angeles, California on Sat, Apr 9   04:00 pm
Sun, Apr 10 At SeaView onboard experiencefor Sun, Apr 10    
Mon, Apr 11 San Francisco, CaliforniaView excursionsin San Francisco, California on Mon, Apr 11 07:00 am 10:00 pm
Tue, Apr 12 At SeaView onboard experiencefor Tue, Apr 12    
Wed, Apr 13 Santa Barbara, CaliforniaView excursionsin Santa Barbara, California on Wed, Apr 13
07:00 am 04:00 pm
Thu, Apr 14 San Diego, CaliforniaView excursionsin San Diego, California on Thu, Apr 14 11:00 am 10:00 pm
Fri, Apr 15 Ensenada, MexicoView excursionsin Ensenada, Mexico on Fri, Apr 15 08:00 am 05:00 pm
Sat, Apr 16 Los Angeles, CaliforniaView excursionsin Los Angeles, California on Sat, Apr 16 06:15 am  

Yikes! 3200 with 500 under 18. Must be Spring Break in California. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, LawDog61 said:

Perhaps you can answer this question.  I am on the April 17 7 day coastal.  After our pre-cruise Covid test, should we expect any additional routine testing. During the 7 day or is that because you are doing B2Bs? Thanks

We have done two different majestic cruises since the restart.  Both were 7 day cruises.  We only tested precruise.  I think you would only be retested if you showed symptoms, got sick, or were in close quarters with someone who tested positive, like sharing a shore excursion with someone who tests positive after.  People on B2bs are tested prior to the start of the second cruise.

35 minutes ago, LawDog61 said:

I’ve been on a B2B cruise on the Majestic last month so if you’ve doing a B2B cruise & we all had to meet the last sea day for an antigen test & were given an in transit card. Get there early as you’re tested in the order that you arrive. I think that I was #5. 

Tom😀

• Like 1

Spring Break in the Orange County, California area is the first week or second week of April

We were on Majestic March 19 and there were a lot of kids.  I asked the parents if they were on spring break, and they said no, they just pulled them out of school

2 hours ago, mina said:

Are you on the ship now and they told you it is 3200?  Sure hoping that it’s not that full, but will make the best of it.

Our friend onboard is in a position to know the actual passenger count and yes, it is over 3,200.

2 hours ago, LawDog61 said:

If you are only doing the 7 day cruise, you only need the pre-cruise test.  Those of us staying onboard will be tested on Friday morning, the last full day of the cruise in order to do the following cruise.

• Like 2

Would you please see when Leo Rossi’s last voyage will be?  We were on January 15-22, 2022. His is an amazing speaker. We are sailing again on April 23-30, 2022 and was hoping to go to his talks again.

Leo was the tour manager for Fleetwood Mac and many others. His stories are great. I am almost finished with his book.  
if you get a chance, go see his talks. Highly recommend it.  

• Like 2

As a slight warning to people doing B2Bs, the test isn't always on the last full day... They did the last test on Thursday morning, San Diego port day (ie, yesterday). 

...Oops. If you miss it, just go to the medical center when it's open and they'll do it on the spot.

• Thanks 1

Spring break in my area is this coming week.  Have a wonderful cruise and thanks for doing this "live from"!   My friend who isn't on Cruise Critic is on board so I'm happy to follow along.

~Nancy

Edited by oakridger
  • Like 1

If you find out an updated passenger count for the April 9th sailing,  please share. I just checked Google and the Los Angeles School District seems to be on spring break that week.  College spring breaks seem to be over.  I didn't Google any further.  I'm on April 9th sailing and I've never sailed with a bunch of kids.  Never considered there would be anything but an older crowd.  A California Coastal Cruise doesn't really seem like a kid itinerary.  Hopefully all the kids are on the April 2nd sailing to Mexico.

• Haha 1

We arrived at the ship at 1:15, made it thru security in less than 5 minutes.  Then to the check-in area, there were LOTS of folks waiting in line.  We went into the Suites/Elite line and 10 minutes later we were onboard.

After unpacking our carry-ons, we made it to the International Cafe to pickup a sandwich and then off to Vines.

The Piazza and the area at Guest Services/Shore Excursions on deck 5 was PACKED with passengers waiting in both lines.  This is our 3rd time on the Majestic since November and we have not seen it this crowded!

About 80% are not wearing masks.  We are wearing our N95's, as we want to be as careful as possible to avoid another back-to-back test fiasco!

We were told ahead of time that there would be 500+ kids onboard this week.  Well, I think we have seen ALL of them already!

Edited by LACruiser88
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, SomewhereGirl said:

If you find out an updated passenger count for the April 9th sailing,  please share. I just checked Google and the Los Angeles School District seems to be on spring break that week.  College spring breaks seem to be over.  I didn't Google any further.  I'm on April 9th sailing and I've never sailed with a bunch of kids.  Never considered there would be anything but an older crowd.  A California Coastal Cruise doesn't really seem like a kid itinerary.  Hopefully all the kids are on the April 2nd sailing to Mexico.

As of a couple of days ago, the passenger count for the next voyage (April 9th) was just over 2,000.  I'll find out the exact count during the next couple of days.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, LACruiser88 said:

As of a couple of days ago, the passenger count for the next voyage (April 9th) was just over 2,000.  I'll find out the exact count during the next couple of days.

Hi, and wish we could be there with you two! 😊

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, c-boy said:

How's  the  app. Working  ?

So-so.  We have yet to see our room steward, we need towels and the "Service" page on the app is not working.  I sent a message via Crew Chat 15 minutes ago and still no response.  When I call Guest Services or Housekeeping it rings busy.

They are probably overwhelmed by the amount of passengers.  Oh well, we are going back to Vines!

• Thanks 1

@LACruiser88 Thank you for taking us along.  I am boarding on the 9th for one week.  I was on in February for 3 weeks, and had such a great time, I'm coming back!  Good luck this week with all the little ones. 

I was on the Navigator OTS the past two weeks, and was surprised at the number of children on board.  Stepping into the elevator and finding all the buttons punched is one of their "games".  Good luck....Vines is a great hangout!

Edited by taznremmy
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, LACruiser88 said:

So-so.  We have yet to see our room steward, we need towels and the "Service" page on the app is not working.  I sent a message via Crew Chat 15 minutes ago and still no response.  When I call Guest Services or Housekeeping it rings busy.

They are probably overwhelmed by the amount of passengers.  Oh well, we are going back to Vines!

I’m wondering if they are short handed crew wise for the amount of passengers onboard.  Surely they wouldn’t have the same amount of crew as they did when sailing with half the amount of passengers ?  I sure hope not for your sake.   After all , they knew ahead how many passengers would be onboard .  Hopefully they are not trying to save $ that way.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Ronnieslady said:

I’m wondering if they are short handed crew wise for the amount of passengers onboard.  Surely they wouldn’t have the same amount of crew as they did when sailing with half the amount of passengers ?  I sure hope not for your sake.   After all , they knew ahead how many passengers would be onboard .  Hopefully they are not trying to save $ that way.

I believe they are short staffed. Not that PC would acknowledge. Would like to know the staff to passenger ratio on these cruises. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, SomewhereGirl said:

Parents may  be desperate for vacations. We had the college kids on our cruise last month. 

Edited by Buckeye10640
  • Like 3

Yes, we have been told that the crew is well understaffed.  All of the dining rooms were a mess last night.  Long lines well past 8:00 pm.

Btw, we did meet our lovely room steward, Bianca, right before heading out for the evening.

Someone had asked about Leo Rossi.  He boarded yesterday and his first lecture is this morning at 10:15.  I'll try to find out how long he will be onboard.

Edited by LACruiser88
  • Like 3