Walgreens or CVS Rapid Test OK?

16 minutes ago, YankeesFan4Life said:

Traveling in a month, and was hoping to avoid having to spend $60 for tests when I can get them for free at my local Walgreens or CVS.  Would the Rapid Test from these two facilities be acceptable to board?  

We did a rapid test at Walgreens in Galveston before our cruise last week. They were supposed to email us the results but apparently there was a "glitch" in the system. We had to go back to the store to get printed results. The paper copy of the results was accepted.

Be advised that the Walgreen's in my area (Chicago burbs) do not all provide the Rapid test option.

CVS was the same and charged $100+ for each test.  

I defaulted to the RCI eMED versions to eliminate chasing and driving and stressing.

Wish they would drop the damn testing already!!!

• Like 5

While the CVS antigen rapid test is acceptable, the CVS's in the Philly area are no longer offering them.  Walgreens is offering the rapid NAAT test, which is also acceptable, in our area.  Both at n/c with insurance and with results within 3 hours..  Best to check on line or do a mock schedule to confirm if either test is available in your area.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

7 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Do they say "Hi John good to see you again"😇

No, but my bank teller in Cocoa Beach asks me where we're going when I stop by to withdraw small bills for big tips.

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

No, but my bank teller in Cocoa Beach asks me where were going when I stop by to withdraw small bills for big tips.

Had to laugh as I go through the same thing at our bank, although they more often wonder which "club" I'm going to..... 

And then the fun with my wife of having to determine whose wallet in which the $1's will best fit. 

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, leaveitallbehind said:

Had to laugh as I go through the same thing at our bank, although they more often wonder which "club" I'm going to..... 

And then the fun with my wife of having to determine whose wallet in which the $1's will best fit. 

Maybe they can turn the old Lounges into  clubs. Radiance Class has a stage

Dazzles would be awesome

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

40 minutes later👍

480701443_Screenshot_20220401-102005_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.da8b11f6a2548ed5c27a2eed85752647.jpg

Yay!  

Is this the NAAT test?

I'm not sailing until next month.  Usually I get a PCR test from my GP (who usually gets my results to me in 24 hours).  But, I'll be sailing out of Canada and need to get a test that's quicker to take with me.

My Walgreens is closest to me, although can do CVS if necessary.

46 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

Yay!  

Is this the NAAT test?

I'm not sailing until next month.  Usually I get a PCR test from my GP (who usually gets my results to me in 24 hours).  But, I'll be sailing out of Canada and need to get a test that's quicker to take with me.

My Walgreens is closest to me, although can do CVS if necessary.

Yes, the NAAT, the Cadilac of PCR tests😁

• Haha 1

CVS canceled on us 3 times with no reason given. I schedule Walgreens for today and CVS for tomorrow as a back up. Went to Walgreens to, very easy and got results at about the 2 hour mark. I then canceled the CVS appointment. They have the audacity to ask reason for cancellation. 

37 minutes ago, tennislvr8 said:

CVS canceled on us 3 times with no reason given. I schedule Walgreens for today and CVS for tomorrow as a back up. Went to Walgreens to, very easy and got results at about the 2 hour mark. I then canceled the CVS appointment. They have the audacity to ask reason for cancellation. 

I see that you are in PA.  As posted earlier in this thread all of the CVS's in a 50 mile radius of us near Philly have stopped giving the rapid antigen test.  Was able to check to schedule one day at a few and none offered it the next day.  Not sure what is going on with your CVS but it might be that they too are getting ready to no longer offer the test.

We are now doing ours at Walgreens (rapid NAAT) as well as a result