Jim_Iain – Silhouette Live Post April 8, 21, 30 - B3B - TransAtlantic, Portugal Spain, France and the Norwegian Fjords

Jim_Iain

I’m glad you post pictures of the food cuz the menu seems another language to me 😂.I’m second guessing our first suite next year for our 30th anniversary. Have to eat gluten free and not much  sounds like it would work. I don’t want to have to order the night before, as I might not want it the next day. Thinking we will stick to the MDR and maybe do some specialty restaurants. For the price of a SS we could do 3 cruises in a veranda or concierge cabin

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

EA408A5A-9937-4E81-8033-63AA919E671E.thumb.jpeg.d05eb06b442295170d58b69381b09d1b.jpegCompeting invites for sailaway 

Very nice to have received two invites!

With today being rather blustery, I would suggest you head to deck 6 bow for a few minutes so you can look over to see the blue water close to you as you sail away from Heritage Wharf. Then head up to deck 14 Sky Observation Lounge and sit somewhere starboard side and relax, have pre-dinner drinks as you sail along the North Shore channel and round Fort St. Catherine. 

Then the pilot will be thrown off the ship 🙃

P.S. We're planning on going on the WB TA on Silhouette this coming October and stumbled upon your great thread .... we need to go to the Storage place in south England to clear out the locker that we have been keeping our personal effects in for the last several years, and transport stuff back to Bermuda. I looked up the TAs departing from Southampton that would stop in Bermuda on the way .... and found Silhouette! Perfect!

Now eating lunch and then we'll drive up to Dockyard to get a closer look at the ship!

Well Jim, You have been to Bermuda in the Past! Love me some Bermuda much later in the season! Looking forward to hearing about your trip today. 

You have a nack with technology and those TV"s!

Will be watching Lain's love for Gray Goose this cruise, or the next cruise, or the next cruise. Hope he enjoys himself!

Edited by TPCRUISER2

2 hours ago, Purplsmurf said:

I’m glad you post pictures of the food cuz the menu seems another language to me 😂.I’m second guessing our first suite next year for our 30th anniversary. Have to eat gluten free and not much  sounds like it would work. I don’t want to have to order the night before, as I might not want it the next day. Thinking we will stick to the MDR and maybe do some specialty restaurants. For the price of a SS we could do 3 cruises in a veranda or concierge cabin

I have found Luminae to be very good for people who need to eat gluten free or who have food alergies.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 4/9/2022 at 3:31 PM, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

I agree that if we have to pay $40 to enter the sacrosanct waters of Bermuda we may as well go ashore.  I'm still trying to track down this year's ferry schedule as I'd like to take the ferry to St. George's.  Only one up is last year's and it makes no mention of the Orange Line which is the one that goes to St. George's Monday-Friday.  So it will be interesting to see what you find out.

Linda,

Really windy in Bermuda and all ferries have been cancelled.   I checked with the information center and they said the Orange Line will begin in Mid-May.    I told him it isn't posted and he gave me a big smile ----- Yea We Know and chuckled but administrators haven't responded to my requests.  

Just now, bluesea777 said:

Very nice to have received two invites!

With today being rather blustery, I would suggest you head to deck 6 bow for a few minutes so you can look over to see the blue water close to you as you sail away from Heritage Wharf. Then head up to deck 14 Sky Observation Lounge and sit somewhere starboard side and relax, have pre-dinner drinks as you sail along the North Shore channel and round Fort St. Catherine. 

Then the pilot will be thrown off the ship 🙃

P.S. We're planning on going on the WB TA on Silhouette this coming October and stumbled upon your great thread .... we need to go to the Storage place in south England to clear out the locker that we have been keeping our personal effects in for the last several years, and transport stuff back to Bermuda. I looked up the TAs departing from Southampton that would stop in Bermuda on the way .... and found Silhouette! Perfect!

Now eating lunch and then we'll drive up to Dockyard to get a closer look at the ship!

Just got a call that due to the high winds, both of the sailaways have been cancelled.   They will be having a sailaway in Retreat Lounge for Suite guests and the Hotel Director and Senior Staff will be there to greet you.

Sounds like a good cruise.   What's the itinerary?   The last time we took the Silhouette Westbound (Boston, Beaches and Broadway with a stop in Bermuda).   There was a huge storm and we had to go south of the Azores, along with Edge on her First Crossing and the Queen Mary II.      They had to cancel Bermuda and we arrive Boston a day late with all ports being shifted by one day.   

The seas were so high they had our deck furniture tied down for the entire cruise and had an Ice Storm on arrival into Boston.  

Hope yours goes better.

Just now, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

I mentioned that to the shoreside concierge when she called me.  I have no use for PJs, but I really wanted one of those robes.  My previous gigs in suites were pre-robe and the ones where I would have got a robe were killed by covid.  Just not destined to have one of those robes I guess.

We are the same --- the PJ's are nice but if we decided to take more we would have 6 more to our collection and we've spent the last year de-cluttering.   

After out last cruise when we decided we needed a permanent housekeeper we decluttered every closet, drawer and file cabinet in the house.     We now wondered how we ever survived without a housekeeper.    She was just there before we left and having her come in the day before we arrive back (mostly so she wouldn't loose too much income with us being away.

• Like 2

Just now, GeorgiaPeach51 said:

What a stunning photo!  I would enlarge and frame that one for sure.  👍🏻👍🏻

There's only one problem.    We would have to buy a new house or add a wall as most of the walls are already adorned with artwork. 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, bluesea777 said:

Welcome to Bermuda! Sorry, it’s a rather blustery day today!

As taken from our place across the Great Sound …

79FCBD34-94D9-4834-965C-823FB34C2FD8.thumb.jpeg.ab20c1cce9c5f92e2d14d6bc1ccf257a.jpeg

Beautiful view.   It is blustery but really nice in wind protected areas. 

Spent the morning walking.    I have to finish off as I only got 17,500 steps in.  It was so windy in port I took to the hallways.  

We have two Tugs holding us securely to the dock. 

80E54A1D-A612-4910-AB69-1C518051ACFE.thumb.jpeg.b2bdb3542cb0f89719797505bd333247.jpeg

Edited by Jim_Iain
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

I always give a quick tutorial on the TV's and HDMI.   I brought 2 Roku sticks with us (one for each TV).   Getting them inserted is a bit of a pain as the TV's aren't on articulated hangers and you the HDMI ports are locate about 10 inches from the edge.   Hardly enough room to get your hand in.

BC10B2C6-FF34-4A43-9E3A-79539EEB553E.thumb.jpeg.93895477e1a41387d50f4334e8ce3260.jpeg

44B22F18-B698-4134-AFFB-7EC0260D72B3.thumb.jpeg.9fd423b502bd12ee325af4ddf6100694.jpeg

55891604-7205-4B5F-8AC9-91FA4C6D0A2F.thumb.jpeg.a9e5b51a392016d6a3ce1463f7b0488b.jpeg

One installed -   From the Samsung Remote in your room  -  Press in this sequence

CC

Enter

Support

Sources

Select HDMI (must be plugged in to show)

The quality is OK   but at busy time can be watchable but not High Definition

Thank you for the instructions.  If you get an opportunity, would mind posting a photo of your remote?

Thank you.

Great to read that you are having a wonderful time.  Enjoying your thread.  

We are the same --- the PJ's are nice but if we decided to take more we would have 6 more to our collection and we've spent the last year de-cluttering.   

After out last cruise when we decided we needed a permanent housekeeper we decluttered every closet, drawer and file cabinet in the house.     We now wondered how we ever survived without a housekeeper.    She was just there before we left and having her come in the day before we arrive back (mostly so she wouldn't loose too much income with us being away.

Sounds like a cruise enticing birthday or Christmas or Just Because gift, to me... LOL

bon voyage

• Haha 2

30 minutes ago, jagoffee said:

Thank you for the instructions.  If you get an opportunity, would mind posting a photo of your remote?

Thank you.

Great to read that you are having a wonderful time.  Enjoying your thread.  

It’s the standard remote on the ship.   The cc is above green button and the Menu is below yellow.  

they also have a sleep button that works

On mine HDMI 3 is a sound bar and my Roku is on 2   

there also a selection for mirroring. 

144527FB-4D6E-45AF-8B5A-9844CDCF896B.thumb.jpeg.9ab09c6bb1ce19ce9798389d6e9c1722.jpeg

B3D5F0FA-E2C2-46B7-ABB0-D04BA3176AEE.thumb.jpeg.088d09ba464dff93e096635f6cfb5b48.jpeg

Just now, Bo1953 said:

Sounds like a cruise enticing birthday or Christmas or Just Because gift, to me... LOL

bon voyage

The could except they usually put your name on them.   This time they gave us some blanks in their original packaging.  

• Thanks 1

Just got a call that due to the high winds, both of the sailaways have been cancelled.   They will be having a sailaway in Retreat Lounge for Suite guests and the Hotel Director and Senior Staff will be there to greet you.

Sounds like a good cruise.   What's the itinerary?   The last time we took the Silhouette Westbound (Boston, Beaches and Broadway with a stop in Bermuda).   There was a huge storm and we had to go south of the Azores, along with Edge on her First Crossing and the Queen Mary II.      They had to cancel Bermuda and we arrive Boston a day late with all ports being shifted by one day.   

The seas were so high they had our deck furniture tied down for the entire cruise and had an Ice Storm on arrival into Boston.  

Hope yours goes better.

Two ... if we can't make it this year, then next year

image.png.c2d9c28719d2a1057682bf624cc138f5.png

image.png.d9135f73795adfd74c7f26b1149fdfcb.png

We would prefer this year's - we want to go back to Funchal, haven't been to Tenerife and it's overnight here in Bermuda, and then we go straight to Miami. More Southernly = more very warm days 😎.

Next year's - we have been to Ponta Delgada 3 times already, not interested in Nassau, lol.

We've been on 6 WB TAs on Norwegian - loved them all. 0 EB though. April is often weather iffy for TAs. So, October is ideal for TA crossings.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Purplsmurf said:

I'm gluten free. If you let them know they are very helpful in Luminae. On our last cruise I called the waiter the gluten policeman. If I ever ordered anything that wasn't GF he'd say no miss Kim I'll find you something else. I'm  gluten intolerant not coeliac so a bit easier. I'm also not meant to have lactose and a few other things but always manage.

• Like 2

The could except they usually put your name on them.   This time they gave us some blanks in their original packaging.  

Well, still not an issue as the recipient can explain how they actually came by them and with your names on them... LOL

Forever grateful, I trust...

Sweet dreams and bon voyage

love it when menus are posted....we like traditional style food and to be honest those Luminae menus are not floating my boat however we are in a suite in November and will try it out. Good to know you can also order from the MDR menus. So far from all the Celebrity cruises we have done we haven't been disappointed with MDR meals.

At last:

https://www.celebritycruises.com/gb/healthy-at-sea/southampton-travel-requirements

Requirements for every sailing from Southampton is detailed for 2022.

European definition of Up to Date: vaccinated within 9 months (270 days) of final dose in primary series OR boosted. The 270 days must extend to the final day of the cruise. The last primary dose must have been administered at least 14 days prior to embarkation.

**Definition of Fully Vaccinated: vaccinated with a full dose of a primary series vaccine more than 9 months (270 days) prior to sailing, and NOT boosted. The last primary dose must have been administered at least 14 days prior to embarkation. 

***Exception:  If a guest from UK/EU under 18 years of age has Certificate of Recovery and only one dose of a vaccine series they are considered fully vaccinated

Edited by upwarduk

Just now, bluesea777 said:

Two ... if we can't make it this year, then next year

image.png.c2d9c28719d2a1057682bf624cc138f5.png

image.png.d9135f73795adfd74c7f26b1149fdfcb.png

We would prefer this year's - we want to go back to Funchal, haven't been to Tenerife and it's overnight here in Bermuda, and then we go straight to Miami. More Southernly = more very warm days 😎.

Next year's - we have been to Ponta Delgada 3 times already, not interested in Nassau, lol.

We've been on 6 WB TAs on Norwegian - loved them all. 0 EB though. April is often weather iffy for TAs. So, October is ideal for TA crossings.

We have only had one time zone change so far but not really bad.   We had a cat nap of 20 minutes and fully recharged and ready for the next

The Captain came on and said we would be having 40-45 MPH winds for the next couple days and high seas.   They have the deck on 5 closed and Iain is having to run up to 14 to have a smoke.   Temperature are to remain in the 60-66 F range for the next couple days.  Definitely not going to be a smooth crossing.

Captain George asked that women wear flats if possible and to use hand rails   We are 2 hours out of Bermuda and getting good rolling motion.  

I actually like the rolling and sleep like a baby.  

• Like 6