long wait times

Yes, I lot of people are having problems.  The system is overwhelmed at the  moment with all the cancellations of The Escape cruises and the re-deployment of The Getaway from Balric Sea cruises to Caribbean cruises.  Might want to try the "Chat" feature on the Norwegian's website or keeping trying.

• Like 1

I have been having tons of problems, also. No call back and disconnecting my call via a neutral "full voicemail".

Hoping things get better. I think they have me flagged by now for too many call-back requests. 😅

Edit: the chat agent just said "unfortuantely, we cannot do anything. you need to reach out by phone." and then proceeded to give me the exact same numbers that have been disconnecting me.

Edited by KristinLM
Updated Info

1 hour ago, Montanagirlalways said:

i can't reach NCL. I have called and left my number and they don't call back. I've waited on hold only to finally get someone and then get disconnected. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Yeah. Thousands of people each week are being given 48 hours to rebook or cancel. The Escape cancellation routes everyone to General Reservations who then pass you off to someone who can actually do something.  My

cancellation and rebooking took  3 calls to figure out what transferred and what didn’t. 

Edited by BirdTravels

This situation is yet another example of why you should use a PCC or TA for your bookings. This issue is really only affecting the self-bookers and those who just call the 800 number whenever they need someone.

Ouch, @BirdTravels. That must be really frustrating for all involved.

I cannot imagine the stress--especially as I am not even reaching a person to transfer the call. It just gets dropped into nirvana. I cannot imagine how exhausting THAT situation would be for someone trying to meet such a deadline!

My situation is thankfully not THAT urgent. Perspective. Thank you!

Actually, @SeaShark, mine is to our PCC, not the 1-800 number.

Edited by KristinLM

53 minutes ago, SeaShark said:

This situation is yet another example of why you should use a PCC or TA for your bookings. This issue is really only affecting the self-bookers and those who just call the 800 number whenever they need someone.

Absolutely.  Just another reason to use a TA.  Small, home office, TA are best.  

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, KristinLM said:

I have been having tons of problems, also. No call back and disconnecting my call via a neutral "full voicemail".

Hoping things get better. I think they have me flagged by now for too many call-back requests. 😅

Edit: the chat agent just said "unfortuantely, we cannot do anything. you need to reach out by phone." and then proceeded to give me the exact same numbers that have been disconnecting me.

39 minutes ago, KristinLM said:

Ouch, @BirdTravels. That must be really frustrating for all involved.

I cannot imagine the stress--especially as I am not even reaching a person to transfer the call. It just gets dropped into nirvana. I cannot imagine how exhausting THAT situation would be for someone trying to meet such a deadline!

My situation is thankfully not THAT urgent. Perspective. Thank you!

Actually, @SeaShark, mine is to our PCC, not the 1-800 number.

What you describe sounds far more like an 800 number reservation agent and not an actual PCC.

Chat agents will give you the general call in number for a reservation agent, they would not give you the direct number that you would use for a dedicated PCC. Additionally, calling a PCC wouldn't involve reaching anyone who would "transfer the call"...it is a direct connection.

• Like 1

Actually, I have not reached our PCC on either their direct line nor the "general office line". I have not called a 1-800 number to reach them. I HAVE tried various avenues to reach out to NCL, when the others do not work.

I contacted the chat agent AFTER not getting through and it was recommended on this board. I am sorry you doubt my experience.

I was just expressing my sympathies, please do not correct me on my experience. I think this is not productive. I prefer to stop this communication now. Thank you.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MsTabbyKats said:

I called at 8:15 am today and got thru in about 2 minutes!

Same experience for me.  When calling early in the day the wait time usually is just a few minutes.  When I tried to call late one afternoon last week, the estimated wait time was 90 minutes.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, KristinLM said:

i have also left call back requests without success and tried chat. I understand they have busy times. I guess they don't have the staff. I don't know. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SeaShark said:

Ahh- but there are other advantages to booking directly. I was notified of the escape cancellation way before a friend who booked through a TA. I was also able to get my cruise transferred much sooner. Also I got triple points and she is having to apply for hers. The TA tried but couldn't for some reason. A very established TA. We just prefer directly calling. I have never run into this problem in the past

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Montanagirlalways said:

Ahh- but there are other advantages to booking directly. I was notified of the escape cancellation way before a friend who booked through a TA. I was also able to get my cruise transferred much sooner. Also I got triple points and she is having to apply for hers. The TA tried but couldn't for some reason. A very established TA. We just prefer directly calling. I have never run into this problem in the past

You do realize that booking through a PCC is still "booking directly", right? 

Sorry, but there is really no advantage to self-booking or using whatever random phone rep happens to get your call...they aren't invested into you as a client.

FWIW...notice that it isn't people booking through a PCC who are on here complaining about long hold times and lack of service. Also...just because you "have never run into this problem" doesn't mean that you won't in the future or that others haven't as well.

Just to clarify my situation now. My PCC finally reached me. We talked and found out the problem that was causing the breakdown in communication (and yes, it was related to the websites, lack of transferrability and the inability for them to call international, among a few other quirks).

I hope that @Montanagirlalways gets the same resolution that I did and things work out. I am sorry that people made assumptions that may not have been the reality she was experiencing. I know I feel a lot better now that my situation(s) have been resolved.

1 hour ago, KristinLM said:

Just to clarify my situation now. My PCC finally reached me. We talked and found out the problem that was causing the breakdown in communication (and yes, it was related to the websites, lack of transferrability and the inability for them to call international, among a few other quirks).

I hope that @Montanagirlalways gets the same resolution that I did and things work out. I am sorry that people made assumptions that may not have been the reality she was experiencing. I know I feel a lot better now that my situation(s) have been resolved.

so kind of you!!! I had to send letters for some of my issues. I appreciate your follow up

• Like 1

On 4/7/2022 at 10:56 AM, SeaShark said:

Just so all are aware Travel agents are facing the same issues, not only with NCL, but with ALL the cruise lines.  It is not uncommon for us to have to hold upwards of 3 hours just to speak to someone at the cruise lines these days.  There's a LOT we as TA's can do electronically, but still a surprising # of things we must call in for.  So yes, you can let your TA fix it, but it will take just as long as it's them holding and not you 🙂

• Like 1

12 hours ago, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

So yes, you can let your TA fix it, but it will take just as long as it's them holding and not you 🙂

Which is the exact reason why you hire...and pay...a TA in the first place.

5 minutes ago, deliver42 said:

Pay a TA? This is a first that I've ever heard of.

The TA gets part of your payment as a commission.  But it's really a very small part.  Honestly....for the commission they get, I don't think it's worth 3 hours of hold time.

Feeling guilty about booking/cancellations/time spent by TA to call cruise line etc...and my small savings....I'll be using a PCC going forward.

4 hours ago, Montanagirlalways said:

yes, and it always ends up that I have to call. thank you.

Is it because they couldn’t handle your concern or was it due to technical issues? I’ve cancelled bookings and changed rooms using the chat agent. So far nothing more complex than that. 

Edited by reeinaz

5 hours ago, reeinaz said:

Is it because they couldn’t handle your concern or was it due to technical issues? I’ve cancelled bookings and changed rooms using the chat agent. So far nothing more complex than that. 

well thats encouraging. I believe they couldn't handle my concern for this particular issue. I"ve never changed rooms except when bidding up and have been fortunate not to cancel. Thank you