Ship has changed - Medallion App still shows original ship but with wrong itinerary information

sloopsailor

Our ship has been swapped for our upcoming cruise. The Medallion app information is now all screwed up. After almost a month the old ship is what comes up on the app, but with the original ports PLUS all the rescheduled ports it will now visit. The original booking number still shows, not the new number. I thought this was supposed to update automatically.  

I can't figure out a way to delete that cruise and start over with the app. I've been on hold for almost 45 minutes last week and gave up waiting because I actually have a life to live other than listening to canned music and repeated announcements about things I am not calling about. 

Right now, Princess is not making a good impression. 

Any suggestions other than wasting more of my life waiting on hold???

Thanks!

Edited by sloopsailor

Leave it alone.  I was told while on the ship that they will be updating the app.  Don’t believe it!  I had to constantly click on current cruise to get anything in the app to work because it would default to an upcoming one.  

2 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Leave it alone.  I was told while on the ship that they will be updating the app.  Don’t believe it!  I had to constantly click on current cruise to get anything in the app to work because it would default to an upcoming one.  

Edited by dog

Just now, dog said:

This happens a lot. Leave it alone.it will correct.
 Refer to your Personalizer.

Are you sailing March 2023?

Yes, March 12 2023 out of San Francisco to Hawaii on Royal Princess, originally Ruby Princess.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 4/10/2022 at 7:14 PM, sloopsailor said:

Our ship has been swapped for our upcoming cruise. The Medallion app information is now all screwed up. After almost a month the old ship is what comes up on the app, but with the original ports PLUS all the rescheduled ports it will now visit. The original booking number still shows, not the new number. I thought this was supposed to update automatically.  

I can't figure out a way to delete that cruise and start over with the app. I've been on hold for almost 45 minutes last week and gave up waiting because I actually have a life to live other than listening to canned music and repeated announcements about things I am not calling about. 

Thanks!

Do you remember how long it took to show the new ship in the App?

TIA

On 4/10/2022 at 7:14 PM, sloopsailor said:

Thanks!

You can try logging in to Princess.com and then pull up the list of your Upcoming Cruises.  How does that look? 

Select any of your cruises and on the main page, use the nearly hidden link to the web version of MC App.  Login there and see what you see for voyages.  You may have to use the login with Booking Number/Name/Birthdate to access the voyage you want.  

If that works, update any data you want.

Otherwise, you will likely have to wait until the team at Princess fixes the System data.  Of course they are making a poor impression because we customers should not have to put up with bad system data.  Someone did a lousy job of syncing MC App when a cruise voyage is deleted in POLAR (PCL's main reservation system - or at least the external user name for it).

1 hour ago, Steelers36 said:

You can try logging in to Princess.com and then pull up the list of your Upcoming Cruises.  How does that look? 

Select any of your cruises and on the main page, use the nearly hidden link to the web version of MC App.  Login there and see what you see for voyages.  You may have to use the login with Booking Number/Name/Birthdate to access the voyage you want.  

If that works, update any data you want.

Otherwise, you will likely have to wait until the team at Princess fixes the System data.  Of course they are making a poor impression because we customers should not have to put up with bad system data.  Someone did a lousy job of syncing MC App when a cruise voyage is deleted in POLAR (PCL's main reservation system - or at least the external user name for it).

Website updated, not App.  Web version 

not recognizing the new booking no.

No worries, it’s for Sep 2023. Thanks. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PacnGoNow said:

Website updated, not App.  Web version 

not recognizing the new booking no.

No worries, it’s for Sep 2023. Thanks. 

We are also booked for September 2023.  Was originally on Emerald and then Princess switched to Regal.  Princess also cancelled our 2023 TA,  due to ship redeployment.  Everything was perfect on the app for both of these cruises, now, not so much.  Still showing cancelled TA the cruise with our dining options still in place.  Emerald is still showing with old booking number.  When I try to book in with new booking number, it defaults to the old one.  However, all of our downloaded documents have disappeared.  Tried doing web version online at Princess, but the same old info!  Guess I’ll just have to wait until Princess works it all out,  Also, I’ve tried deleting and reinstalling the app, but still the same old, same old.  Oh, well!

Edited by Lady Arwen

29 minutes ago, Lady Arwen said:

We are also booked for September 2023.  Was originally on Emerald and then Princess switched to Regal.  Princess also cancelled our 2023 TA,  due to ship redeployment.  Everything was perfect on the app for both of these cruises, now, not so much.  Still showing cancelled TA the cruise with our dining options still in place.  Emerald is still showing with old booking number.  When I try to book in with new booking number, it defaults to the old one.  However, all of our downloaded documents have disappeared.  Tried doing web version online at Princess, but the same old info!  Guess I’ll just have to wait until Princess works it all out,  Also, I’ve tried deleting and reinstalling the app, but still the same old, same old.  Oh, well!

Crazy!  Cruise personalizer is correct for us.  Just the App is old info.

I’m just going to leave it for a while. I did email the IT team to ask when the App will update.  😆 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

Crazy!  Cruise personalizer is correct for us.  Just the App is old info.

I’m just going to leave it for a while. I did email the IT team to ask when the App will update.  😆 

Good luck to us all!  Thankfully, lots of time to sort it out.

• Like 1

This is a long shot...but I had a similar situation with the app and this worked for me:

Log out of the app and log back in.  I know it sounds crazy but like I said...it worked for me once and it *is* the app we're talking about! :classic_biggrin:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

This is a long shot...but I had a similar situation with the app and this worked for me:

Log out of the app and log back in.  I know it sounds crazy but like I said...it worked for me once and it *is* the app we're talking about! :classic_biggrin:

Tried that, in addition to a lot of other tricks. They just have to update it for those of us on changed voyages.

Thank you though.

• Like 2

Here is comment by a CC member that discusses what they had to do to get this problem resolved: 

I called Princess customer service several times about this and was always told "wait a few more days for the app to update". It never did. Two months later and the app was still incorrect and useless. Only the Medallion app department can help. It took several calls but I finally contacted a supervisor in that department who eventually got the problem resolved. Her name is Den Sombellion, or something similar (I should have asked her to spell it). She admitted that they know of these problems with incorrect ship and itinerary showing on the app and she promised to personally make sure my issue got resolved by the tech support people. A few days later she called and told me it had been resolved. All is well know. 

The customer service people you first talk to can't help, so ask to talk to a supervisor in the app department. Make sure you are transferred to the Medallion app department before asking for a supervisor. When I tried to contact Den a couple of days after she started to help me, the customer service person in the reservation department rudely hung up on me after claiming there was no such person at Princess and I insisted there was. I called back, explained who and where I wanted to be transferred to, and got transferred and was connected with Den. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

In the medallion, my October 9th cruise from SF shows that it’s leaving on October 7th from San Diego. I’ve changed cabins since booking, but my old cabin # is still there. Nothing I try fixes it. The Medallion people’s response was that it was too far out for them to fix it now. They were too busy trying to fix problems with more imminent departures.  

• Like 1

I have a similar situation. This week, I booked one of the new summer ‘23 sailings from Los Angeles on the Emerald. Cruise is in my app, I’m green lane, all good. Went to book my dining, and Day 1: Los Angeles. Day 2: Paris (Le Havre). I’m also evidently visiting London, Guernsey, Dublin, and Cabo San Lucas in my 7-day voyage. All I can say is the Emerald is one heckuva fast cruise ship to be able to accomplish that! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

28 minutes ago, Dunk said:

I have a similar situation. This week, I booked one of the new summer ‘23 sailings from Los Angeles on the Emerald. Cruise is in my app, I’m green lane, all good. Went to book my dining, and Day 1: Los Angeles. Day 2: Paris (Le Havre). I’m also evidently visiting London, Guernsey, Dublin, and Cabo San Lucas in my 7-day voyage. All I can say is the Emerald is one heckuva fast cruise ship to be able to accomplish that! 

😮 I bet you got a good price!  😂

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Dunk said:

They added a Warp Drive!!!  Beam me aboard!!!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/17/2022 at 8:50 AM, PacnGoNow said:

Do you remember how long it took to show the new ship in the App?

TIA

Sorry, I have been away. 

The change showed up immediately after the Medallion App rep confirmed that the update had been made. It took her two days to do what she had to on her end. 

• Thanks 1

On 4/10/2022 at 6:14 PM, sloopsailor said:

Thanks!

Last February they changed us from the Ruby to the Royal to go to Hawaii this November.  The app still shows the Ruby.  Myself and others on our Roll Call have called numerous times and get the run around each time.  You'll need to go to the Princess Website and do the web based version of the app to make dinner reservations, order your medallions etc.  Don't count on your dinner reservations to make the rollover on the app itself.  I would say if your sailing isn't until march, don't expect it to be correct until at least January.  

• Thanks 1