On Ruby now, but never again

julia

1 hour ago, julia said:

Ok...  cracking up here in our cabin on Ruby.

3pm. Relaxing, reading.  "Knock, knock, knock".  Young lady, with tray, glass of sauvingon blanc....  that neither of us ordered!  Hahahaaa.  Yes, we'll take it.

Are you in a mini suite by any chance? If so your remote may have ordered it on your other TV, ha ha. Someone had reported that before and then our TV remote tried to place an order on the Majestic.  Enjoy!  🤣🍷

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

This is correct. He had already booked this 5 day cruise before I ever arrived on the ship. He then added the next 7 day cruise for free using the FCC he received as a result of being in isolation. He does not want to leave the ship with any remaining FCCs that will go unused. His thinking is that he doesn’t want to bring any germs home to me until I am well enough to cope with them, and he can’t catch COVID again so soon. 

I never said he left the ship and had returned home. 

I hope he is having a blast and making up for the crappy time he had in isolation - just a shame you couldn't be there to enjoy with him. I have no clue why some posters are targeting you when all your posts have been straight, to the point, helpful and informative. Thank you for telling it how it is!

• Like 10
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

In the upper left hand corner of the photo it shows M601 looking aft…about 6 rooms in that area on the starboard side. I didn’t check other decks but never saw any on Emerald (8) starboard walking to/from our midship cabin.

As explained to me those tables were used for passengers who reported possible Covid symptoms to deliver food until fully testing as negative and not for quarantined passengers who were in closed areas of the ship.

Thank you!  

• Like 1

On 4/13/2022 at 5:54 PM, PescadoAmarillo said:

Asteoflyer, we had a table outside our cabin on the Majestic Princess in August. I had symptoms, reported them to medical, they came and did a medical assessment and tested me and I was negative. I had to quarantine in our cabin for 24 hours and be tested again. Once that was negative I was free to go out again. The table appeared to serve my food on and our cabin was disinfected after the 24 hours. So I never tested positive but had the table. 

The Majestic Princess handled that really well. I got flowers for being honest and a nice FCC for the day I missed. 

Thank you for being honest and doing the right thing.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, CalTexCruiser said:

Our First and Last Time on Princess – Terrible RUBY 4/11 Sailing out of SF

Our background:  We usually sail Celebrity but decided to try Princess for the first time since we could embark SF and did not need to fly.

Summary: we won't be back on Princess.

I do not blame you for not wanting to be on another Princess cruise.

If this had been my first Princess cruise, I never would have been on a second one.

Pre-pandemic, pre-App and pre-Dining my Way, the Princess experience was much, much better than the experience you had.

• Like 6

10 hours ago, MamaFej said:

Can you imagine if the "It's a hoax" and the "It's just a flu" people had chosen honest responsibility instead? This could have been over a year and a half ago. 

I get your point, but unless there is a parallel universe to check on, no way to know.  Also, you reference Covid deniers and that percentage is so low that it would not have made a significant difference.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, caribill said:

I do not blame you for not wanting to be on another Princess cruise.

If this had been my first Princess cruise, I never would have been on a second one.

Pre-pandemic, pre-App and pre-Dining my Way, the Princess experience was much, much better than the experience you had.

Of course, I completely agree, but the snark in me must ask:  do you have a perception issue or an expectation issue, are you after something for free or do you just enjoy treating the crew poorly? 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

Of course, I completely agree, but the snark in me must ask:  do you have a perception issue or an expectation issue, are you after something for free or do you just enjoy treating the crew poorly? 😉

I assume the "you" in your question referencing my post is not directed at me.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

You are so entertaining.  Having some fun - love it!

20 hours ago, ChC said:

Wow this is incredibly sad picture to see (at least for me!!). If you did not tell me it is Ruby Princess, I would thought this ship is heading for scrap yard in India!

That really is a sad sight! What are they thinking? Nothing, obviously.

4 hours ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

Assume this is directed at me.  I am on ruby now and have had zero problems.  G sightings as well.  Many i speak with say terrible cruise.  Many i speak with say terrific cruise.  Is this perception?  I believe so.  As i said before, everyone has a different experience, and you are not even on the ship.  Thanks for yor snark!

Edited by AnyMajorCruiseDude
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, AnyMajorCruiseDude said:

Assume this is directed at me.  I am on ruby now and have had zero problems.  G sightings as well.  Many i speak with say terrible cruise.  Many i speak with say terrific cruise.  Is this perception?  I believe so.  As i said before, everyone has a different experience, and you are not even on the ship.  Thanks for yor snark!

Or me .... not that I care.  

Just disembarked from the Ruby this morning.  Everyone can agree that the embarkation was horrible.  However, I didn't run into anyone once onboard that said it was a terrible cruise.  If we had, we'd have just disengaged.  No need to allow the pleasure vampires into our world.  But, we just didn't ... looked as though everyone was having a great time.  

One thing we noticed is that the passengers on this cruise were very boisterous.  There was a lot of shouting over to fellow passengers at other tables, even in the Crown Grill and MDR.  I think maybe a lot of alcohol was involved.  There were quite a few children onboard and most were well behaved.  We did observe a few melt downs but nothing really excessive.  Our stateroom, way towards the aft, was awesome ... so very quiet.  

We did really enjoy this cruise!!  Can't wait to be back onboard again.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

We too just got off this morning. Only major issue was boarding. Any other I just chalked up to restart issues. I too saw oodles of happy people. Lots of masks between venues. Many well behaved children. My take is to go with the flow and what happens..happens. At least it was cruising. This was our third since restart and I am happy we can go again.

• Like 3