Hotels near cruise port

eabplus2

Hello we will be cruise on The Allure July 9th 2022. We are flying into Fort Lauderdale airport on the 8th. We need some recomendations  for a hotel near the port everglades cruise port. We are a family of 4. 2 adults and 2 teenagers.  Do we need to rent a car? I know some hotels have airport shuttles but do we use an Uber to get to the cruise port. How much is an Uber? We have needed to use an Uber.  We will have 4 large suitcases and carry ons. Any advice for us would be appreciated.

Thanks

9 minutes ago, eabplus2 said:

Hello we will be cruise on The Allure July 9th 2022. We are flying into Fort Lauderdale airport on the 8th. We need some recomendations  for a hotel near the port everglades cruise port. We are a family of 4. 2 adults and 2 teenagers.  Do we need to rent a car? I know some hotels have airport shuttles but do we use an Uber to get to the cruise port. How much is an Uber? We have needed to use an Uber.  We will have 4 large suitcases and carry ons. Any advice for us would be appreciated.

Thanks

Many pre cruise hotels in Dania Beach- near restaurants and some shopping- Uber to the port- Uber xl probably around 15-20  .  We also like the Riverside Hotel- further from port but wonderful shopping restaurants and interesting things to do .  We now stay at Riverside and  Uber to the port.  

Edited by Cruise a holic

We love the Sleep Inn FLL airport location. There is a Walgreens next door.  Across the  side street is a small strip mall with a Walmart grocery store, Dollar Tree, and an inexpensive Chinese restaurant that is delicious . 

If you take an Uber, remember you need room for luggage.  We took an UberXL for the 2 of us and our luggage.

• Like 1

We just sailed from FLL a couple of weeks ago...first time. We stayed at the Riverside Hotel on Las Olas Blvd...fabulous hotel and location...lots of bars, restaurants and shops. $20 cab ride from the airport...about 20 mins. Took a cab to the cruise port...$16...about 15 mins mainly due to construction. 

We were a party of 6 that stayed at the Hilton Marina.  Our room overlooked Port Everglades.  We were up at 5:00AM to watch Harmony sail into port.  They also have a nice outside Tike Bar with great food. The Hotel had a shuttle that was $5.00 per person.

With 6 people and lots of luggage I used Larry's Limo to pick us up at the airport.

Both the Hotel and the Limo service were a bit pricey, however everything was really smooth.

Jim

• Thanks 1

we have stayed several time the night before very close, our favorites are the Hyatt House or Hyatt place (across the street from each other) in Dania Beach.  They had an airport shuttle (free) in the past and we have used it, but we much prefer to just get an Uber (or Lyft) ride, so much less hassle.  My relaxation time is more valuable than the $30 (approx) uber costs me, I don't enjoy standing watch at the airport trying to figure out which shuttle van is for our hotel, there are *many* cruising through.  We do the same to get to the port the next morning (Uber) for the same reason.  There is a very nice, but fairly upscale shopping center (Dania Pointe) walking distance away from those hotels, lots of dining options in there, some nightlife too if thats of interest. No Walgreens or CVS though, at least not when we were there last about 6 months ago.

Edited by cruzer0007
  • Like 1

Dania Beach hotels are a great option, short ride to the port.  Be careful about a shuttle service at certain hotels.  We stayed at Homewood Suites and shuttle was a bus that went to several hotels before going to the port.

if staying in Dania Beach, consider Rustic Inn for dinner.  Not fancy but seafood is great and fresh. Place is a lot of fun.

Dennis

4 hours ago, eabplus2 said:

Hello we will be cruise on The Allure July 9th 2022. We are flying into Fort Lauderdale airport on the 8th. We need some recommendations  for a hotel near the port everglades cruise port. We are a family of 4. 2 adults and 2 teenagers.  Do we need to rent a car? I know some hotels have airport shuttles but do we use an Uber to get to the cruise port. How much is an Uber? We have needed to use an Uber.  We will have 4 large suitcases and carry ons. Any advice for us would be appreciated.

Thanks

We stay at the Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina. We uber over there. And they have a shuttle for $8/person to take you over to the cruise terminal. The hotel has access to water shuttles to take you around the marina area and shuttles out to the beach. 

In FLL, we usually just take a taxi to the hotel.  Same on the return trip after the cruise.  Taxis are plentiful, and inexpensive.  They will use a minivan if you have a lot of luggage. 

• Thanks 1

We have stayed at the Embassy suites but hear they are in bad need of renovations/updating.     Used to be a nice place with free breakfast buffet and happy hour.   has a decent pool area and koi pond. 

No idea if they have updated yet. 

Next choice is Hilton Marina - great waterfront location with nice views.     They have a nice breakfast spread too.

When in this general area we love walking over to Kelly's Seafood Restaurant for dinner.  Small place but Excellent food!

Hyatt Place 17th St.  They have a shuttle from airport $2/room and a sign up for $ shuttle or Uber to port.  Close to restaurants, plaza with grocery and liquor store.

Use www.valuetrips.com a third party to book Hyatt Place 17th, much cheaper than booking direct.

21 hours ago, cruzer0007 said:

we have stayed several time the night before very close, our favorites are the Hyatt House or Hyatt place (across the street from each other) in Dania Beach.  They had an airport shuttle (free) in the past and we have used it, but we much prefer to just get an Uber (or Lyft) ride, so much less hassle.  My relaxation time is more valuable than the $30 (approx) uber costs me, I don't enjoy standing watch at the airport trying to figure out which shuttle van is for our hotel, there are *many* cruising through.  We do the same to get to the port the next morning (Uber) for the same reason.  There is a very nice, but fairly upscale shopping center (Dania Pointe) walking distance away from those hotels, lots of dining options in there, some nightlife too if thats of interest. No Walgreens or CVS though, at least not when we were there last about 6 months ago.

I was considering both of these. Is one any better than the other? 

13 hours ago, phabric said:

Hyatt Place 17th St.  They have a shuttle from airport $2/room and a sign up for $ shuttle or Uber to port.  Close to restaurants, plaza with grocery and liquor store.

Use www.valuetrips.com a third party to book Hyatt Place 17th, much cheaper than booking direct.

This is where we stay. It is just down the street from Embassy Suites and is much nicer.  Lots of places to eat close by. 

• Like 1

On 4/14/2022 at 10:55 PM, cruzer0007 said:

we dont find any meaningful difference, we typically go with whichever of the two is less expensive for the dates in question

We stayed last night at Hyatt Place (Dania Beach) and they have resumed the free breakfast, so that’s one additional positive to use them. Both places are new and clean, and a very short ride to port Everglades. They offer a shuttle to the cruise port but Lyft or Uber are cheaper and more convenient.

On 4/13/2022 at 3:54 PM, cruzer0007 said:

We did the same earlier this month.  We used the free shuttle from the airport to Hyatt Place but decided we will get an Uber next time for the reasons mentioned above.  The next day we had pre-booked an Uber from the hotel to port to coincide with our embarkation time.  The UberXL was priced comparably to what our party of 3 would have been on the port shuttle.  Also, we had a later embarkation time, so the hotel stored our luggage for us while we walked over to Dania Point.

We were traveling with our teenager, and there were lots of dining options within walking distance.