Coco Cay guest capacity

Coco Cay is such a great private island.  But what is Royal Caribbean thinking?  On the cruise schedule they have 2 huge ships there together with a potential for 10,000 guests. Two months out and many of the tickets and excursions on the island are sold out.  

21 minutes ago, puggylicious said:

But what is Royal Caribbean thinking? 

They’re thinking that they can have plenty of people book cruises that stop at Coco Cay and therefore maximize their revenue.  Not much more complicated than that.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, puggylicious said:

Coco Cay is such a great private island.  But what is Royal Caribbean thinking?  On the cruise schedule they have 2 huge ships there together with a potential for 10,000 guests. Two months out and many of the tickets and excursions on the island are sold out.  

Coco Cay was built to handle 3 ships and 12000 guests.  It is also now having additional facilities built on the far end as a upscale experience. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, taglovestocruise said:

Coco Cay was built to handle 3 ships and 12000 guests.  It is also now having additional facilities built on the far end as a upscale experience. 

Where's the third ship go? They tore out the tender docks. 

17 hours ago, smplybcause said:

Where's the third ship go? They tore out the tender docks. 

Not sure how they would all dock but it's a moot point now that there are multiple Oasis Class ships in the Caribbean and docking two would fill the 12000 capacity.

From two years ago.

They can handle a 13k load with same docking times later in the year (assuming port schedule acurate) it's interesting they are comfortable with that but not 2 Oasis class ships docking the same time.

image.png.30ca8f1742f42c187494b789d435261c.png

4 hours ago, taglovestocruise said:

Not sure how they would all dock but it's a moot point now that there are multiple Oasis Class ships in the Caribbean and docking two would fill the 12000 capacity.

From two years ago.

They can handle a 13k load with same docking times later in the year (assuming port schedule acurate) it's interesting they are comfortable with that but not 2 Oasis class ships docking the same time.

image.png.30ca8f1742f42c187494b789d435261c.png

Oh I wasn't doubting the capacity - just the logistics of 3 ships with no tender facilities as it's not like the pier is long enough to fit two ships in one side! 

An Oasis class and odyssey are docking the same day next week. Not quite two Oasis class but close! I'm glad we're the first ship - I'll be getting up early! 

Edited by smplybcause

As it's in RCL's interest to bring as many ships as possible to Coco Cay we will get to see always more multiple ships stopint there simultaniously. Of course, they will need to do their part to hande it that the island is not feeling completely overcrowded. But then again, like RCL adding always more cabins to their ships, espcially Voyager Class making the experience on a fully booked ship terrible, they obviously don't care.

4 hours ago, deliver42 said:

We were there on the Wonder with the Freedom, and while there were some lines for the slides in ther water park, the rest never felt crowded, and there were plenty of lounges and umbrellas.

Ditto for the Oasis and the Odyssey. Granted, neither ship was at 100%, but they were both fairly full and the island didn't feel crowded at all.  I think people fail to take into account that there are always some passengers who stay on the ship, too. 

• Like 1

We were there 2 weeks ago during spring break, the Harmony had about 4,700 onboard and it was amazing how empty the island was.  It was our first visit but there were definitely far less than half the chairs in use- couldn't believe how vast it was.  We were not in the thrill park so I can imagine that could be a bigger factor if there were 2 big ships in port.  Food service was super quick.  We never had a single photographer around that day but I imagine they were concentrated where the action was, we also visited Labadee and got some of the most incredible ship pictures ever taken over in Columbus Cove, bought them all, now to decide which one to enlarge to a canvas print.  Both islands so different and so Awesome.  I would have a hard time choosing between them, now I'll always want both :0)

• Like 1