Afraid of Quarantaine/Isolation in OV or inside - consider cancelling ?

odysee

3 hours ago, runningtide said:

If you are identified by the ship contact tracing procedure as being exposed to a positive passenger, the staff will test you and possible isolate you in your cabin for 24 hours with a subsequent Covid test again the following day. 

There are ways around that. Don't take a company shore excursion, give a fake name just get your drink the atrium bar and walk round the ship with.

3 minutes ago, tinaincc said:

Do you know if you are determined to be a close contact if they can force testing on you?  What if you decline?

I think you get a life ban plus possible deportation from the country you are in if not a citizen of that country. For America for instance a brit would probably be deported from the country with 10 year ban for refusing to test?

20 minutes ago, Guppy99 said:

Really? Anyone who would do this is so incredibly self-absorbed and self-centered without regard to staff and others they should, if found out, never be permitted to cruise on that line again.

Yet ironically the outbreak must have come from within the crew passed upto the passengers? I bet the crew aren't wearing masks and doing whatever in the crew bar or rec room or whatever?

26 minutes ago, Guppy99 said:

Really? Anyone who would do this is so incredibly self-absorbed and self-centered without regard to staff and others they should, if found out, never be permitted to cruise on that line again.

Oh, I suspect it's happening a lot through all the lines.

Edited by Gracie115
  • Like 5

8 hours ago, odysee said:

Have been reading some stories here of positive tested cruisers who were moved by X from their suite/balcony to an OV with no possibility to even open window.

I am wondering how many of you are now reconsidering their booking(s) for next cruises as I am ? While I was willing to take risk of testing positive and being moved, I was betting on this being to an equivalent, at least balcony cabin.  But I  can t consider being stuck in a closed cabin for several days, which would be a horor for me.

Does X not realize that this is now a different ballgame for their prospective passengers ?

opinions ?

I think it encourages passengers to not report feeling ill, knowing they are going to put into a "jail cell" for the remainder of their cruise...

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, ace2542 said:

I think you get a life ban plus possible deportation from the country you are in if not a citizen of that country. For America for instance a brit would probably be deported from the country with 10 year ban for refusing to test?

I doubt that would be the case in the US.  They cannot force a medical test on anyone. 

4 hours ago, rachiem said:

Not frightened of catching it at all. In the U.K. there is no isolation if you catch it or restrictions as the majority of cases here are sore throats and colds. 
I’d be more worried about isolation in an inside cabin than catching it tbh. 

Exactly!!! Its the thought of being in a cabin that you can’t get out of, just technically being in a balcony cabin would so help your mental health in dealing with that situation. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, tinaincc said:

I doubt that would be the case in the US.  They cannot force a medical test on anyone. 

So they can't kick you off the ship for refusing nor confine to the cabin for refusing if you say they can't enforce the test.

2 minutes ago, ace2542 said:

So they can't kick you off the ship for refusing nor confine to the cabin for refusing if you say they can't enforce the test.

Doesn’t work that way. Read your Contract of Passage. If you do not cooperate or abide by terms, you can be disembarked at the earliest opportunity.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, tinaincc said:

Do you know if you are determined to be a close contact if they can force testing on you?  What if you decline?

I believe less than 6 feet and more than 15 minutes. Not sure you have the option to decline. It’s probably buried in fine print somewhere. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ace2542 said:

Untrue.  Check your cruise contract for a more generic explanation as to what lack of cooperation with staff will buy you.

6 hours ago, rachiem said:

And with the Covid Assistance ending at the end of the month too! 
To give up a suite to go to an OV with no partial refund is not acceptable IMO. 

I doubt your assumption about what will happen at the end of the month is correct. Or at least I hope it is not.  No way IMO.

Celebrity is not going to move you from a Suite to an OV cabin without any compensation.  

Edited by jagoffee
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, ace2542 said:

Yet ironically the outbreak must have come from within the crew passed upto the passengers? I bet the crew aren't wearing masks and doing whatever in the crew bar or rec room or whatever?

You have no basis whatsoever to say that.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, runningtide said:

I believe less than 6 feet and more than 15 minutes. Not sure you have the option to decline. It’s probably buried in fine print somewhere. 

off at the next port likely and confined to your state room in the interim

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, ace2542 said:

That is my question.  

10 minutes ago, Babr said:

Doesn’t work that way. Read your Contract of Passage. If you do not cooperate or abide by terms, you can be disembarked at the earliest opportunity.

"terms' is too vague, in my opinion. Nothing I have read so far says they can require a test of an asymptomatic 'close contact'.  Would be interesting to know if anyone has ever declined. 

10 minutes ago, canderson said:

Untrue.  Check your cruise contract for a more generic explanation as to what lack of cooperation with staff will buy you.

Again, this is too vague imo

23 minutes ago, Whitechapelgirl62 said:

Exactly!!! Its the thought of being in a cabin that you can’t get out of, just technically being in a balcony cabin would so help your mental health in dealing with that situation. 

If that is the case....then don't sail. Very simple solution.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, jagoffee said:

I doubt whether your assumption about what will happen at the end of the month is incorrect.  Or at least I hope it is.  Just no way IMO.

Covid 19 assistance ends 4/30. I have nothing on an extension. 12 days to go. Anyone know different?

32 minutes ago, Tyler414 said:

I think it encourages passengers to not report feeling ill, knowing they are going to put into a "jail cell" for the remainder of their cruise...

so you would rather they be permitted to walk around with the other passengers?

1 minute ago, tinaincc said:

Is this speculation?  If so, I am looking for the contractual terms. 

take a look...  why would you think other wise. You think you have a right to behave any way you like without repercussions, especially if is deemed your behavior threatens other passengers?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Guppy99 said:

so you would rather they be permitted to walk around with the other passengers?

Not sure where you dreamed up this reply, I was simply stating it may encourage folks to not report felling ill...

• Like 10

2 hours ago, Guppy99 said:

Do you think they are stupid?  Do you seriously think they will leave suites and balcony cabins empty just in case they have to isolate someone?  If so, how many?  If you are traveling with someone and you test positive and your companion does not, do you think it is appropriate for each of you to have a suite? 

I would say they are well aware and that this is the risk you take. If you are unprepared to take the risk don't go.

A lot of passengers book balcony especially because of Covid, thinking if we had to be quarantained we could stay in our cabin.  Because of this and because being slightly claustrophobic, I would never book OV or inside.

Probably just being naiv and thinking that as we are boostered and very unlikely to get very sick,  and as the second person is very likely to test positive a couple of days later anyway they could let us decide if

- we want to stay together in our booked cabin.

- or that positive person could stay there and the negative person move to OV as he can get out and move about at will.

Thought this could be organized as well if they are just willing.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, cangelmd said:

There’s been a number of people (including me) who have posted that they contracted Covid connected to a cruise - has anyone heard of anyone becoming seriously I’ll or needing hospitalization. I think I read a post from someone whose spouse got sick after the trip and got treatment on land, but anyone else?

I received my booster 3 weeks before the ship sailed. I became extremely ill for 6 weeks. I now have lingering problems called "long covid". 

What exactly is your point. Like many other people on this board do you think if you  contract covid, having been vaccinated, that the symptoms are minimal and therefore not an issue?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1