Being on hold 2 hours cost me over $300

We decided to change our itinerary so I did a mock booking to see the price difference (I have a picture).  I called to have RC transfer my current cruise to the new cruise (switched from grandeur to liberty).  I waited on hold for 2 hours.  The customer service rep canceled my old cruise, but, when he went to get the new one, it had gone up $300.  I still had it on my screen in front of me.  But, he could not do anything at that point.  

I get that they are busy but I just paid $75 per hour to wait on hold. And, worse, they are having trouble transferring funds from the old cruise (done under CWC before March 31).  There has to be a better way.  I feel sorry for my rep.  He is working hard but RC has a stupid system on things like this.  

4 minutes ago, KB Cruisin said:

We decided to change our itinerary so I did a mock booking to see the price difference (I have a picture).  I called to have RC transfer my current cruise to the new cruise (switched from grandeur to liberty).  I waited on hold for 2 hours.  The customer service rep canceled my old cruise, but, when he went to get the new one, it had gone up $300.  I still had it on my screen in front of me.  But, he could not do anything at that point.  

I get that they are busy but I just paid $75 per hour to wait on hold. And, worse, they are having trouble transferring funds from the old cruise (done under CWC before March 31).  There has to be a better way.  I feel sorry for my rep.  He is working hard but RC has a stupid system on things like this.  

Too bad you dont have my ta. He would have first put a hold on the price of liberty when he got my email ..then has time to make the switch. 

Sorry, bummer.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, firefly333 said:

Too bad you dont have my ta. He would have first put a hold on the price of liberty when he got my email ..then has time to make the switch. 

Sorry, bummer.

Hey that's what mine would do as well😇

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

It got even worse.  The cruise is in 61 days.  They want to refund with FCC for deposit under CWC.  The rest goes to my cc.  But, the full payment is due in 24 hours (60 days).  They can't turn the FCC that fast.  The FCCs are for three different cruisers so it will do me no good in two weeks.  This is a nightmare.  Point made on TA.  Lesson learned.  

23 minutes ago, KB Cruisin said:

It got even worse.  The cruise is in 61 days.  They want to refund with FCC for deposit under CWC.  The rest goes to my cc.  But, the full payment is due in 24 hours (60 days).  They can't turn the FCC that fast.  The FCCs are for three different cruisers so it will do me no good in two weeks.  This is a nightmare.  Point made on TA.  Lesson learned.  

Call back an tell them to change the final payment date, since you are waiting for them to issue the FCC (and tell them to escalate the issuance!).

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Sorry, bummer.

30 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Hey that's what mine would do as well😇

Mine too🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Another_Critic said:

Call back an tell them to change the final payment date, since you are waiting for them to issue the FCC (and tell them to escalate the issuance!).

I am still on.  It's been over 3 hours now.  They are trying to come up with something.  Not sure what.  But, I am not hopeful at this point.  He says he can get back the cruise I canceled.  Rates are probably going up while I wait this third hour.  I love RC, but not today.  

I really wish CC would let people give TA recommendations.  I truly need a good cruise one.  I am not in a good location to find cruising TAs.  The pain of this has made me want a good one, but I know a bad one would be worse than none at all....maybe 🙂

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KB Cruisin said:

I really wish CC would let people give TA recommendations.  I truly need a good cruise one.  I am not in a good location to find cruising TAs.  The pain of this has made me want a good one, but I know a bad one would be worse than none at all....maybe 🙂

If you read enough threads, you will get some insight into that.  😉

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, KB Cruisin said:

They can extend your findl payment date while you wait for the FCC's 

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

They can extend your findl payment date while you wait for the FCC's 

Have you done that?  After today, I would be very scared they would cancel my cruise for nonpayment 60 days out.   And, just to give credit where credit is due, the rep on the phone is giving it his all.  He has been a trooper for the past hour (two hours on hold prior).  I appreciate his kindness because I think I would have lost it by now.  If I get disconnected now, I am not even sure what my cruise status is, if any.  

• Like 1

Have you done that?  After today, I would be very scared they would cancel my cruise for nonpayment 60 days out.   And, just to give credit where credit is due, the rep on the phone is giving it his all.  He has been a trooper for the past hour (two hours on hold prior).  I appreciate his kindness because I think I would have lost it by now.  If I get disconnected now, I am not even sure what my cruise status is, if any.  

Yes, I am sure Ken at @Ourusualbeachhas done this many times for his clients.  

hint hint....

• Like 3

More times than I can count.  I have  a booking right now that has been extended one week at a time while my clients wait for FCC's. Luckily they can turn around FCC's in under a week in urgent situations. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

More times than I can count.  I have  a booking right now that has been extended one week at a time while my clients wait for FCC's. Luckily they can turn around FCC's in under a week in urgent situations. 

I need the help!