Vaccine requirements for my 11 and 13 year old

amyhphoto

I was considering a trip on June 18 the on the Equinox. It never occurred to me the kids would be required to be vaccinated. (I am, they won’t be)

I have a 1600 cruise credit set to expire Dec 31 2022. Has anyone had any luck either with vaccine exemptions or an extension of their cruise credit due to non compliance with the vaccine? 

I am not personally aware of any exemptions issued and don't think a child just not being vaccinated would qualify as one. (Just to mention, RCCL allows non-vaccinated children 12 and under to sail, as that is their family policy). Celebrity's policy is, as you are aware, that all passengers of your children's age must be vaccinated to cruise with them.  You likely may not be able to sail this June with them as a result.

Edited by leaveitallbehind
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, amyhphoto said:

Thank you for the help. Looks like I lose out on my cruise credits that I got for a cruise cancelled because of Covid. 

Wish that wasn't the case for you, as that would be unfortunate should you not be able to look at a later date or be in a position to have your children vaccinated.  And as your credit is with Celebrity, that would eliminate other cruise line options with different family protocols. 

1 hour ago, amyhphoto said:

Thank you for the help. Looks like I lose out on my cruise credits that I got for a cruise cancelled because of Covid. 

Just wondering......can they extend your credit until next year? Maybe the rules will change by then?  I know other lines have extended the cruise credit. Maybe the rules will be different next year. Who knows?

23 minutes ago, Lilly-Ann said:

Just wondering......can they extend your credit until next year? Maybe the rules will change by then?  I know other lines have extended the cruise credit. Maybe the rules will be different next year. Who knows?

I have heard of X being flexible when there are unusual circumstances ( passenger with FCC passes away)  but kids not being vaccinated , on the surface, doesn’t sound like a unusual circumstance. 

3 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

"It’s very unlikely there will be any change in the requirement."

With the current rash of outbreaks on various cruise ships it is VERY unlikely that they will change the vaccination requirement anytime in the foreseeable future.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, amyhphoto said:

Can you perhaps see if they will honor your cruise credits on a RCCL cruise instead?  Probably not- but no harm explaining the situation and seeing what can be done.

Also the Pfizer vaccine requires 2 doses 3 weeks apart, plus another 2 weeks.  So 8 weeks total time.  If you did this today you would meet the requirement for a June 18 cruise.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

Can you perhaps see if they will honor your cruise credits on a RCCL cruise instead?  Probably not- but no harm explaining the situation and seeing what can be done.

While they are sister lines under the same RCI corporate family, the two companies operate separately and independently.  It is not likely that they will exchange revenue by way of one honoring the other's FCC's. But as you suggest, no harm in asking.  IMO I just don't think they will do it.

Besides even if they would, the OP's 13 year old would still need to be vaccinated under RCCL's policy.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, leaveitallbehind said:

While they are sister lines under the same RCI corporate family, the two companies operate separately and independently.  It is not likely that they will exchange revenue by way of one honoring the other's FCC's. But as you suggest, no harm in asking.  IMO I just don't think they will do it.

Besides even if they would, the OP's 13 year old would still need to be vaccinated under RCCL's policy.

Yes - getting the Pfizer vaccine TODAY (April 19) for both children would get them fully vaccinated (2 doses) with the additional 2 week waiting period over on June 14th.  Four days before the cruise.