First time in Junior Suite.

This summer we are travelling in a Junior Suite for the first time, on Wonder of the Seas. Please can anyone explain the additional benefits ?

Understand extra space, tea/ coffee maker, luxury toiletries, robes, dinner in CK, priority boarding..but not sure if allowed in suite lounge, suite area etc. If anyone can give information, specifically about Wonder, we would appreciate it.

Many thanks.

6 minutes ago, Reina del Mar said:

..but not sure if allowed in suite lounge, suite area etc. If anyone can give information, specifically about Wonder, we would appreciate it.

Unfortunately suite lounge and suite area is reserved for Sky class and above.  Jr. Suite is Sea class.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/what-are-the-benefits-of-royal-suite-class

3 minutes ago, candide said:

I also think your access to the CK is limited as well, but that might be ship dependent. 

Yes, "Dinner at Coastal Kitchen, based upon availability*."

*Please note, reservations are required for dinner at Coastal Kitchen (upon availability). Beverages are not included.

The junior suite is a great room.  For me it's a lot more comfortable and the bathroom is much nicer.  The perks that come with the JS are, IMO, nothing to write home about.  The room IS the perk.  It did open the door to more suites for us.  It's easy to become spoiled.

• Like 5

One benefit I found out about in February was you did not need to check out towels if you had the suite card.  They just looked at your card and gave you the towels.  No worry about checking them back end at the end of the cruise to avoid an unwanted towel charge.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, dwp10mm said:

One benefit I found out about in February was you did not need to check out towels if you had the suite card.  They just looked at your card and gave you the towels.  No worry about checking them back end at the end of the cruise to avoid an unwanted towel charge.

This does  not happen on all ships.

4 minutes ago, dwp10mm said:

That’s a great perk..we have just returned from a Princess cruise and the towel saga is one thing Princess does in a much better way than RC

7 minutes ago, dwp10mm said:

They have special towels with tracking devices for suites.  😜

Edited by Another_Critic

WS in JS on Wonder April 8. No real perks except for space. There is a hot water kettle, no used, and  coffee pot ,also not used. Was on deck 8 so I felt coffee on deck 5 or 8 was preferable. Soon hot on deck 5 I had to wrap to go cups with napkins! Not able te eat at CKitchen or use suite lounge. Plenty of other areas to enjoy. 

35 minutes ago, dwp10mm said:

One benefit I found out about in February was you did not need to check out towels if you had the suite card.  They just looked at your card and gave you the towels.

The only time I have seen this is where they had a special suite area and towels were available there.  I'd love this if it were a standard perk.  Seems pretty simple.  Maybe they should do it on all ships.

This brings up a question.  What kind of card does the JS get?  The last one I had was silver.  Is that still the case?

58 minutes ago, Cigar King said:

The only time I have seen this is where they had a special suite area and towels were available there.  I'd love this if it were a standard perk.  Seems pretty simple.  Maybe they should do it on all ships.

This brings up a question.  What kind of card does the JS get?  The last one I had was silver.  Is that still the case?

It's more of an ugly blue right now.20220422_163658.thumb.jpg.1d3f955b9fb3e42a6577cd88ef64b39c.jpg Photo isn't the best representation of the color. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, nvance724 said:

WS in JS on Wonder April 8. No real perks except for space. There is a hot water kettle, no used, and  coffee pot ,also not used. Was on deck 8 so I felt coffee on deck 5 or 8 was preferable. Soon hot on deck 5 I had to wrap to go cups with napkins! Not able te eat at CKitchen or use suite lounge. Plenty of other areas to enjoy. 

Did you try for dinner at CK during the week?  I was wondering if the size of CK on Wonder would keep JS people out.  We've been pretty lucky with CK for dinner in a JS on other Oasis class ships.

11 hours ago, Cigar King said:

We were on Odyssey. Same color card the other user posted. We simply showed our card at the main towel station. They did not scan it. Also picked up an extra towel on Coco Cay. Same experience. Simply saw the color of the card and gave us the towel without scanning. 

• Like 1

Had our first JS on Allure recently and they treated us so much nicer that we will likely stay in  JS or above from now on. Towels were like described here by others, we ate at CS every night, got excellent seats for shows and didn’t need to make reservations for them either. We’ve always been treated well by RC but it was even better. Maybe it’s just like that on Allure, I don’t know. Our next cruise we have a GS on Mariner and can compare the treatment differences if any. 
The only problem you may encounter is that you will become spoiled. 

9 hours ago, RoperDK said:

We've been pretty lucky with CK for dinner in a JS on other Oasis class ships.

Same here. We’ve never had a problem arranging dinner reservations in CK on both Oasis and Quantum class ships.

• Like 1

I don't know if it's the case on Wonder but on many ships the JS has a nice big walk-in closet. 

The bathroom will have a tub instead of a shower, which you might or might not consider an upgrade. To get into the tub it's a very high step off the ground.

Edited to note I just checked out some Wonder of the Seas Junior Suite videos and they do have the walk-in closet. 

Edited by SG65CB
  • Like 1

Some of the bennies of JS:

Tub/shower, not "Scotty beam me up" shower.

Double points.

More space, walk in closet on most ships..others not.  

Priority boarding on embarkation day.  

On Oasis class ships...access to CK...but have to check for reservations once on board (daily).  And only if available, which is getting harder now that ships are filling up again.  Be prepared to be flexible.  

The downside?

It is not a full suite.  

• Like 2

Do JS use the Suite & Pinnacle check-in line in Miami?  I’ve seen mixed info on this and unsure whether there is any benefit to buying the Key for priority boarding if you are staying in a JS. We’ll be sailing on Symphony of the Seas in early 2023. 

10 minutes ago, island lady said:

Some of the bennies of JS:

Tub/shower, not "Scotty beam me up" shower.

Double points.

More space, walk in closet on most ships..others not.  

Priority boarding on embarkation day.  

On Oasis class ships...access to CK...but have to check for reservations once on board (daily).  And only if available, which is getting harder now that ships are filling up again.  Be prepared to be flexible.  

The downside?

It is not a full suite.  

Excellent breakdown and info. Good to know as we have never stayed in a JS or any type of suite. 

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Excellent breakdown and info. Good to know as we have never stayed in a JS or any type of suite. 

We mix it up.  JS, GS (our favorite) OS (though really too big for two pax).   Had a CLS once...I loved it (though disliked the stairs for lugging stuff up and down) but Bucky did not like it.    Once again too big, but great location!  🙂 

The JS on Odyssey we had was very unique.  Loved it.  Plenty of storage and space, with a split bathroom.  Shower, sink on one side.  Another little half bath sink and the toilet on the other.  I let Bucky borrow my shower, if I could borrow his toilet.  😄 

• Haha 2