Pacific Explorer Movements

29 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

That doesn't mean they couldn't go out during the day and return to White Bay at night.

We need to get Coral her own Coral movements thread. I doubt she could sneak out of Brisbane during the day and to go to White Bay at night.

They don't get to move without assistance from the port, and they haven't any booked at this stage, between their 7th June arrival and the 16th June departure - Coral that is.

1 hour ago, arxcards said:

We need to get Coral her own Coral movements thread. I doubt she could sneak out of Brisbane during the day and to go to White Bay at night.

They don't get to move without assistance from the port, and they haven't any booked at this stage, between their 7th June arrival and the 16th June departure - Coral that is.

Yeah, I thought you were referring to one of Pacific Explorers sojourns at White Bay.

But I'm curious, how do you know she hasn't booked any assistance to move. Wouldn't she need to go to sea every few days to keep things ticking over? I remember Diamond doing that while quarantining in Japan.

Edited by OzKiwiJJ

2 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Yeah, I thought you were referring to one of Pacific Explorers sojourns at White Bay.

But I'm curious, how do you know she hasn't booked any assistance to move. Wouldn't she need to go to sea every few days to keep things ticking over? I remember Diamond doing that while quarantining in Japan.

Brisbane ports has a schedule of shipping movements. At the time, it was for one in on 7th June, one out on 16th June. Lets just say, if you want to see the whole picture, you need to query it.

She is listed as arriving from Papeete, and will pick up her pilot at 2:30am 7th June at Point Cartwright, to be fully docked at the International cruise terminal at 7am.

Today she has added extra movements - departing at 4pm on 11th June, returning to the terminal at 7am on 13th June

Presently, this is approximately when Coral Princess can be seen:

Brisbane International cruise terminal

7am 7th June till 4pm 11th June

7am 13 June till 4pm 16th June

Near Point Cartwright pilot station, Sunshine Coast

2:30am 7th June

8pm 11th June

2:30am 13th June

8pm 16th June

Have just found out that Dora is sailing from White Bay on 14th June but returns to OPT 🤩👏🎉 on the 24th June then the same hope she stays birthing at OPT .😇Screenshot_20220506-090929_Drive.thumb.jpg.73b138be67d320cf652111063a6a8d78.jpgScreenshot_20220506-094823_Drive.thumb.jpg.becf2cfb2aa531d02e619ac63472ce90.jpg

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Hogbay said:

Have just found out that Dora is sailing from White Bay on 14th June but returns to OPT 🤩👏🎉 on the 24th June then the same hope she stays birthing at OPT .😇

Just be careful to fully edit out your booking number. It only needs a D.O.B for someone to play with your booking.

• Thanks 1

Nice view of the ship. I am not aware of a T/A or VIPs lunch, so I hope they have big stomachs if that is true.

White Bay terminal is being used for markets this weekend. While that shouldn't affect the ship, it looks like they wanted to get away and show-off in the harbour for the day. She should remain in the harbour overnight, and is relocating to OPT tomorrow morning.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Would they risk hosting TAs before the first cruise?

I would have said no, but they have announced a short shakedown cruise a few days before the 31st May departure. I don't know if that includes media, T/As, health officials, all or none.

1 hour ago, Hogbay said:

Dora has cabins for $$$ on the first cruises back, was showing sold out before. Wonder if from cancellations ? There seems to be alot of them .

Or now planning to fill some more cabins rather than keep to 50% occupancy?

1 hour ago, Hogbay said:

Dora has cabins for $$$ on the first cruises back, was showing sold out before. Wonder if from cancellations ? There seems to be alot of them .

Perhaps people are not happy with Explorer but she does have a lovely promenade deck for the walkers.   I was shifted from Adventure to Explorer and not happy that I have to pay the balance before finding out which cabin I am in.   (Next year on Adventure I have a cabin I am happy with).  So I have paid a couple of hundred more per person but picked my cabin for a similar cruise with Princess and ditched Explorer.    With their $2 non refundable deposits, its not much of a loss.

3 hours ago, Hogbay said:

Maybe due to families cancelling, because their kids are not vaxed

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Aus Traveller said:

Or now planning to fill some more cabins rather than keep to 50% occupancy?

Perhaps

2 hours ago, Hogbay said:

I think there could be. When they announced the vaccination status, it would have changed the game for anyone unvaccinated, including those with a medical exemption and those with kids under 12. If you figure on a reduced capacity of 1200, that only leaves 60 spots for medical exemptions and those under 12 that are unvaccinated - possible that those that were looking forward to the cruise were unable to make it into the 5%, and others that held out for more relaxed protocols knowing they could still get FCC's and book for a later date.

They may show a number of categories, but that doesn't necessarily translate to lots of availability, but just a choice of categories that can be booked. eg,  A handful of bookings for insides could fill the ship again as they upgrade existing passengers through the higher categories.

1 hour ago, Rassa said:

Perhaps people are not happy with Explorer but she does have a lovely promenade deck for the walkers.   I was shifted from Adventure to Explorer and not happy that I have to pay the balance before finding out which cabin I am in.   (Next year on Adventure I have a cabin I am happy with).  So I have paid a couple of hundred more per person but picked my cabin for a similar cruise with Princess and ditched Explorer.    With their $2 non refundable deposits, its not much of a loss.

I can understand people not wanting to switch from Adventure to Explorer. We canned our Bounty cruise in October for that reason. However, these cruises were showing as sold out last week. Final payment time for those early cruises had already passed. They could still cancel and get a future credit, but that will be for the full payment of a cruise, not just the deposit.

Just gave me a laugh, I looked at webcam sydney and saw Pacific Explorer at OPT. I refreshed  the page as it gave me a surprise to see an actual cruise ship there . Then I logged in here and saw the photo , glad I am not seeing things ...... again . Cheers, Buzz.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Just looked at the solo price for balcony cabin for first cruise on the 29th.   $1500.00.  Missed the boat on the prices for that one.  I know they were cheaper when cruising was first announced to be returning here.

Do you have a scoop? 29th May?

Yeah, a bit pricey for last minute, but $750pp twin for a balcony for 4 nights isn't out of the usual range. The shame is that they charge a solo double fare.

• Like 1

Here is the schedule for Pacific Explorer for the next few days:

Tuesday 10th May 2022 3.30pm from OPT  to Australia offshore

Wednesday 11th May 2022 8am from Australia Offshore to Gore Cove 1

Thursday 12th May 2022 9.30am shift from Gore Cove 1 to White Bay cruise terminal 5

Cheers

CRUISING ALONG

port authority nsw- Pacific Explorer movements 10-5-22 to 12-5-22.jpg

• Like 1