Pacific Explorer Movements

Gore Cove in an interesting one. Plenty of tankers and bunkering ships have been there, but I can't ever recall a cruise ship there. Not sure what to make of it - work on refuelling system, cheaper fuel than the bunkering barge, environmentally responsible disposal of sludge, navigational exercise, the new CEO's residence?

No idea, just curious.

1 hour ago, arxcards said:

Gore Cove in an interesting one. Plenty of tankers and bunkering ships have been there, but I can't ever recall a cruise ship there. Not sure what to make of it - work on refuelling system, cheaper fuel than the bunkering barge, environmentally responsible disposal of sludge, navigational exercise, the new CEO's residence?

No idea, just curious.

My guess is that since she doesn't have to refuel etc while also disembarking and embarking passengers she's taking the cheaper option of doing it a Gore Cove.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

My guess is that since she doesn't have to refuel etc while also disembarking and embarking passengers she's taking the cheaper option of doing it a Gore Cove.

They should have waited till cheap Tuesday

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

Does anyone know,if you test positive before the cruise do you get a refund.

I had a bit of a look but it just says they will cancel your cruise.

Depends. At present, although maybe just for active bookings, you can get an FCC if you cancel up to 14 days ahead. After that, it would appear you are in the lap of the travel insurance gods, the same as with any other ailments.

I went looking for the same covid specific rules, and it appears that there is are no extra concessions for covid between 2 weeks and the gangway. Fair to say, we won't be having any extra-curricular activities for the week before sailing.

I think these rules also change later in the year, returning closer to the usual cancellation policy.

54 minutes ago, arxcards said:

Depends. At present, although maybe just for active bookings, you can get an FCC if you cancel up to 14 days ahead. After that, it would appear you are in the lap of the travel insurance gods, the same as with any other ailments.

I went looking for the same covid specific rules, and it appears that there is are no extra concessions for covid between 2 weeks and the gangway. Fair to say, we won't be having any extra-curricular activities for the week before sailing.

I think these rules also change later in the year, returning closer to the usual cancellation policy.

I looks like a FCC but it just says ,notify us and we will cancel your booking.

I don’t really want any more FCC’s , I’ve lost track of the ones I have with RCG.

2 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

I looks like a FCC but it just says ,notify us and we will cancel your booking.

I don’t really want any more FCC’s , I’ve lost track of the ones I have with RCG.

Not sure I would want FCCs either, but in the past it would have been lost money or claimed on insurance if you had to cancel within 75 days. ATM, you can change your mind up till 15 days and still get to transfer it to a later date. For the first cruise, I have till next Monday to change my mind for whatever reason and move to a later cruise with no penalty.

Cancellation policy is in a different area, as it applies to all bookings, not just covid specifics that are in the "Healthy Cruising" section.

https://www.pocruises.com.au/plan/how-to-book/assurance

Any bookings made after tomorrow, or for cruises after 30th November have tighter terms.

7 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

I thought she was going today. They are going tomorrow for cheap Tuesday

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/9/2022 at 12:25 PM, Chiliburn said:

Does anyone know,if you test positive before the cruise do you get a refund.

I had a bit of a look but it just says they will cancel your cruise.

I have asked P&O and asked again, and they will not give a yes or no answer. They just say to ring the number and to inform the state health authority. I don't know why they are being coy, and why they wouldn't want to announce they would offer FCCs for anyone testing positive as the other Carnival brands do.

I mean, if anyone tested positive on a RAT and didn't feel unwell, what do they do? Tell the truth with the risk of losing their fare, or tell a porky and cruise cautiously? Telling the truth knowing they won't lose their fare would be a much better alternative.

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, arxcards said:

I have asked P&O and asked again, and they will not give a yes or no answer.

I'll have a guess and say it's a no and that's why they won't give an answer.

Otherwise they are just really slow making up their mind.

13 minutes ago, sewgood said:

I'll have a guess and say it's a no and that's why they won't give an answer.

Otherwise they are just really slow making up their mind.

But they wouldn't say no either.

Interesting, I have recently received a pre-cruise email for things we need to do before boarding.

There is a highlighted message about the 10 day positive rule applying to you or any household contacts being prohibited from boarding. However, it says if you are positive, to contact them or your T/A to discuss your options.

If you have suitable insurance, you might prefer to cancel and claim, while anyone without suitable insurance might have the option of a credit. If a credit was announced openly, I doubt an insurance company would allow you to claim if credit was an option. i guess we will hear of happy or sorry tales next week.

9 minutes ago, arxcards said:

i guess we will hear of happy or sorry tales next week.

No doubt it won't take long to hear what happens when someone tests positive.

I won't bother to phone them if I test postive as I won't get any money back for my free cruise.😁

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, sewgood said:

No doubt it won't take long to hear what happens when someone tests positive.

I won't bother to phone them if I test postive as I won't get any money back for my free cruise.😁

The media will be waiting with baited breath, wanting another Diamond Princess/Ruby Princess scoop.

I hope not.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Thinking of going to Circular Quay and watching her depart on Tuesday.  For those booked, what time is your sail away?  Be lovely sailing out from OPT with Vivid on.

Dora is departing White Bay at 4 pm . 4 th June White Bay at 4pm , 7th June White Bay 4pm ,14 th June White Bay 4pm, 24th June OPT Circular Quay 4 pm .

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Hogbay said:

Dora is departing White Bay at 4 pm . 4 th June White Bay at 4pm , 7th June White Bay 4pm ,14 th June White Bay 4pm, 24th June OPT Circular Quay 4 pm .

What time did you get for boarding? I have a 11am on next Tuesday.

I thought there was going to be later boardings.