N95 masks

mameeo

Does anyone have first hand recent knowledge on if you are still given n95 masks on board or is it just the surgical masks. We sail in a few days. 
Thank you very much for all responses

Cheers 🍷

On the Discovery Princess 4/10/22 cruise (7 night Mexican Riviera) our embarkation package included 2 surgical masks.

Edited by RSS from SF

Just now, mameeo said:

Does anyone have first hand recent knowledge on if you are still given n95 masks on board or is it just the surgical masks. We sail in a few days. 

Cheers 🍷

I received a package containing two KN95 masks on the Majestic Princess, which I'm still on.

1 hour ago, mameeo said:

Cheers 🍷

Just off the Ruby,  only thin blue masks provided

13 minutes ago, Honolulu Blue said:

I received a package containing two KN95 masks on the Majestic Princess, which I'm still on.

Ok thank you we board the majestic on sat so good to know. Hope your having a wonderful time. Looking forward to our first cruise back. 
Cheers🍷

1 hour ago, Dunk said:

Just off the Discovery Princess a few weeks ago-we were given a 10-pack of surgical masks. 

If you ask at passenger services they will probably give you 2 kn95’s.  Also some stewards have them, too. 

Just now, mameeo said:

Ok thank you we board the majestic on sat so good to know. Hope your having a wonderful time. Looking forward to our first cruise back. 
Cheers🍷

I'm having an excellent time. 👍 I hope your cruise is the same. I'll try to keep the ship in good shape for you. 😄

If N95 masks are important to you - like they were to us on our 2 cruises this year - bring your own supply!  Princess will provide masks but there is no guarantee that they will be N95s and, given supply chain issues, the type of mask could easily change not only from ship to ship but also cruise to cruise.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, capriccio said:

If N95 masks are important to you - like they were to us on our 2 cruises this year - bring your own supply!  Princess will provide masks but there is no guarantee that they will be N95s and, given supply chain issues, the type of mask could easily change not only from ship to ship but also cruise to cruise.

I really don't think Princess has ever provided N95 masks. They have provided KN95 masks on some itineraries. An actual N95 mask will not ever have ear loops. They will only have the dual ties. KN95 masks will usually have ear loops but there are some variants that so have the dual ties as well.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Thrak said:

I really don't think Princess has ever provided N95 masks. They have provided KN95 masks on some itineraries. An actual N95 mask will not ever have ear loops. They will only have the dual ties. KN95 masks will usually have ear loops but there are some variants that so have the dual ties as well.

We received N95 on the Majestic. 

Screenshot_20220427-224720_Gallery.jpg

Edited by startedwithamouse

17 hours ago, Honolulu Blue said:

I'm having an excellent time. 👍 I hope your cruise is the same. I'll try to keep the ship in good shape for you. 😄

Will be on her on May 7.  Is the one pool covered and how much sun comes tru the cover.,  Are there shaded areas in that area. I am sun sensitive due to medications but love to swim.

21 hours ago, mameeo said:

Cheers 🍷

Currently aboard Island Princess. Only blue/white surgical masks available. Two in cabin upon arrival and can order more in stateroom via the tv. They are complimentary.

We brought our own N95's in the fall when they were still relatively difficult to find. At that time they were handing out only the paper masks on that cruise. Now N95's are almost a dime a dozen. In fact they were handing out N95's at Walmart the other day. I'd bring my own N95's if I was you.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cruisingrob21 said:

Some friends and I joked when on the Majestic in December was that they should take the free tote bags they commonly give and turn those into masks 🙂

Please don’t give my mother any ideas…she’s pretty handy with a needle and thread lol

• Haha 2

On 4/27/2022 at 10:43 PM, startedwithamouse said:

We received N95 on the Majestic in January. 

Wowie Zowie! I am truly amazed by this. Thanks for correcting my error. I am seriously shocked to find that Princess provided N95 masks. (Personally, I prefer the ones with ear loops because I'm lazy and using the two securing loops are more effort.) Again, I sincerely thank you for correcting my misinformation. (I dislike being wrong but not nearly as much as I dislike disseminating incorrect information.)

• Like 1

We were on the Majestic Princess, April 23-30, 2022.  We received two N95/KN95 masks (cannot remember which one exactly).

There was a note that if we wanted more we could just ask.

We brought our own and used them during the cruise.  

Three COVID tests and we are3 still negative and hoping to stay that way.

Happy Cruising.  

• Like 1