Anyone been quarantined?

sallybrown2012

9 hours ago, mrobinson said:

I am on Emerald Princess now and was on the Transatlantic portion and now doing the British isle cruise. Yes there was a high outbreak onboard Emerald during TA portion. They tested everyone 2 days after embarkation and took some people to Covid cabins on 12th floor. I would say about 6-7 days into cruise before our first port more people got sick. After first port even more. By the time we hit Bilbao there were a lot more infected. At that point they started requiring masks indoors and stopped all bar counter service. When we docked in Southampton they reques all transit passengers to go thru immigration in Club Fusion abs then go to the dining room to get their Covid test for returning to US. Problem was they were very backed up with Covid tests and only able to email results to you an hour later. So you didn’t know until you were at airport if you were positive. Lots and lots were positive. You then had to figure out what hotel to go to- they are using Ibis abs Radison Blu. At the Radison the hotel was trying to put strangers together in the same room with one bed and if you refused they said you had to pay for room yourself. There is suppose to be a Princess Rep at the hotels but they are non existent. No clear instructions on whether you are there 5 or 10 days. A lot of People are very unhappy with IBIS hotel and leaving to find another hotel. No real support from Princess and poor communication. They should have tested the day before disembarkation since they would still have been within 24 hour deadline but then they would have had to deal with all the positive people. They are deliberating waiting to last minute to test abs not giving you results until you are off the ship so it is t their problem. They ran out of Covid rooms on 12 th floor and started isolating people in their own rooms.

There were a lot of upset people who where missing shuttles to airports due to long Covid testing line on ship this AM. They were telling people to get tested at airport but when they got to airport their were no appointment available in time to meet their flight times. This happened to our traveling companion who ended up testing positive.

That is wild.
Any chance you know how many that disembarked were trying to get back to the USA? I would also think there were lots of people who just drove home that might have been positive. One staff member told me there were 70 staying on from the cruise that left FLL as we got off on the 16th. 

I hope the rest of your journey is pleasant and you stay healthy.

16 hours ago, Happiest when cruising said:

Wouldn’t Princess need to report the positive cases to the port? I would think any port would be hesitant to have a ship dock with so many cases. 
I do think Princess should release the correct numbers. Social media posts might not be accurate.😏

As England has  stopped testing as such and isolation is only a recommendation, Southampton  may not need to know numbers etc. 

13 hours ago, victory2020 said:

Just got off the Majestic & I thought Princess did a bad job of social distancing & reminding people to wear masks in crowded places. lots of people were coughing. I'm healthy & boosted but was very uncomfortable in the overcrowded areas - which were many. I'm going to test tomorrow just in case

I just got off the Majestic on Saturday and I have a slightly different view of things:

• Since masks and social distancing were only recommended and not required, I didn't expect the crew to do much
  • I did find some crowded spaces, but when I really wanted room, I could find it easily enough.  The ship was around 70-75% full of passengers.
  • Considering the crowd Princess attracts, I didn't hear an extraordinary amount of coughing, with one exception - one of the people next door to me coughed some for whatever reason.  But after day 4, there was no more coughing from that cabin.  You can insert your own conspiracy theory here.  
  • I didn't hear any COVID-19 related announcements, which doesn't mean there weren't any
  • I didn't see or hear of any hazmat-covered employees, nor did I ever find out where the current "red zone" happened to be.  Again, don't read too much into it.
  • I tested myself yesterday - NEGATIVE.  I hope yours turns out the same.  🙏  I never had any symptoms, so I probably won't bother testing again unless I develop some.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Happiest when cruising said:

That is wild.
Any chance you know how many that disembarked were trying to get back to the USA? I would also think there were lots of people who just drove home that might have been positive. One staff member told me there were 70 staying on from the cruise that left FLL as we got off on the 16th. 

I hope the rest of your journey is pleasant and you stay healthy.

I would say there were more than 70 staying on for the May 1 cruise. I would guess a few hundred based on what I saw. No idea how many going back to uS 

9 hours ago, delondin said:

As England has  stopped testing as such and isolation is only a recommendation, Southampton  may not need to know numbers etc. 

we were about an hour late getting off ship in Bilbao. Everyone was thinking that Bilbao was concerned about our Covid numbers since that is about when the numbers really climbed

5 hours ago, Honolulu Blue said:

I just got off the Majestic on Saturday and I have a slightly different view of things:

• Since masks and social distancing were only recommended and not required, I didn't expect the crew to do much
  • I did find some crowded spaces, but when I really wanted room, I could find it easily enough.  The ship was around 70-75% full of passengers.
  • Considering the crowd Princess attracts, I didn't hear an extraordinary amount of coughing, with one exception - one of the people next door to me coughed some for whatever reason.  But after day 4, there was no more coughing from that cabin.  You can insert your own conspiracy theory here.  
  • I didn't hear any COVID-19 related announcements, which doesn't mean there weren't any
  • I didn't see or hear of any hazmat-covered employees, nor did I ever find out where the current "red zone" happened to be.  Again, don't read too much into it.
  • I tested myself yesterday - NEGATIVE.  I hope yours turns out the same.  🙏  I never had any symptoms, so I probably won't bother testing again unless I develop some.

On emerald it was obvious that most of deck 12 was for isolated Covid. You could tell by the locked doors to the halls . We also noticed when walking down mid ship stairs when they ended closing off more portions of Deck 12

if you were exposed , eg cabin mate tested positive but you were negative you had to stay in your room for 24 hours and the red light next to your door was on. We would see more and more of them appear walking along the halls. Our traveling companion had it on get door because she called medical for a test but was negative abs she had cold . She was retested after 24 hours and was negative and red light removed from her door. But then tested positive at airport

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Just when I thought I had decided to go on a 40 day fall cruise, I read this!!!  Maybe it is just not the right to time cruise this year for us.  I have been on two since covid, first was awesome, second was meh.....so third might be horrible. 

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Level six said:

Just when I thought I had decided to go on a 40 day fall cruise, I read this!!!  Maybe it is just not the right to time cruise this year for us.  I have been on two since covid, first was awesome, second was meh.....so third might be horrible. 

I hear you.  We went on first two short cruises Oct and early Nov 2021 - they were so nice that I wanted to stay on. Not so much with the April cruise on the Discovery with so many people on board.  At near capacity, room service took 45 min to deliver a pot of hot water and another time, no show.  Can't imagine for people who are isolated and need food delivered.

46 minutes ago, mrobinson said:

On emerald it was obvious that most of deck 12 was for isolated Covid. You could tell by the locked doors to the halls . We also noticed when walking down mid ship stairs when they ended closing off more portions of Deck 12

if you were exposed , eg cabin mate tested positive but you were negative you had to stay in your room for 24 hours and the red light next to your door was on. We would see more and more of them appear walking along the halls. Our traveling companion had it on get door because she called medical for a test but was negative abs she had cold . She was retested after 24 hours and was negative and red light removed from her door. But then tested positive at airport

Thanks.  Very interesting observations!  I didn't go wandering the halls looking for red lights or overdressed crew, of course.

50 minutes ago, mrobinson said:

Oh, that's why those red lights "no service" by the doors were on 24/7 for a couple of days or longer. I saw quite a few on my deck recently on the Discovery.

I thought so many people are on honeymoon?!

Edited by ebeluga
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, Honolulu Blue said:

Thanks.  Very interesting observations!  I didn't go wandering the halls looking for red lights or overdressed crew, of course.

We didn’t go looking for them but just noticed it while walking to find available laundry

• Like 4

2 hours ago, mrobinson said:

We didn’t go looking for them but just noticed it while walking to find available laundry

People also turn the red light on when they want to sleep in / nap or not be disturbed for other reasons

• Like 2

3 hours ago, jwattle said:

People also turn the red light on when they want to sleep in / nap or not be disturbed for other reasons

Yes we turned ours on several times during our 10-day cruise.  Just didn't need anyone coming in more than needed to our room. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 4/30/2022 at 11:33 PM, PescadoAmarillo said:

In a departure from what was done on the Ruby Princess, I’m reading on Facebook that 300 out of 800 in transit passengers on the Emerald Princess tested positive yesterday and are being disembarked for quarantine on turnaround day. Regardless of how many additional cruises they have booked, they are not being allowed to re-board the ship at a future date (per the posts I’m seeing on Facebook). I do wonder how many disembarking passengers will test positive and be unable to immediately continue their onward travel. Apparently internet has been sketchy onboard, which may be why we’re not seeing posts on Cruise Critic. Friends on board were able to text me last night that they tested negative. 

Oh my!  We want to go so badly in 2023 for 50 days and was ready to do it, but now, we could get there and then not be able to continue.  Doctor mentioned to me very recently not to get on a ship now as all the dining room/staff on the ship have seen so many passengers each sailing and those numbers are always increasing.  He said chances of getting covid are extremely high.  Ughhh.  Not what I wanted to hear.  No wonder the doctors ask you during your exam if you have been depressed!  WTH!

Truly appreciate you posting this to keep us all informed.  Thank you.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, mellon1 said:

Oh my!  We want to go so badly in 2023 for 50 days and was ready to do it, but now, we could get there and then not be able to continue.  Doctor mentioned to me very recently not to get on a ship now as all the dining room/staff on the ship have seen so many passengers each sailing and those numbers are always increasing.  He said chances of getting covid are extremely high.  Ughhh.  Not what I wanted to hear.  No wonder the doctors ask you during your exam if you have been depressed!  WTH!

I just read an update from the cruise critic roll call organizer on our April 16 roll call ooat

She said 2 buses were take. To the IBIS hotel - there are 50 rooms occupied by Princess and 8 cruisers from Celebrity. Some of the people left IBIS and booked different hotel since the rooms are right for a couple. IBIs wasn’t aware that Princess was covering cost for first hotel so they are putting cost of hotel on their own. Credit cards. There weee 5 buses if people taken to Radison Blue. Everyone has to stay 19 days ans then test negative to leave. They aren’t able to change airline reservations until they either test negative or have the sixties certificate of recovery. But no one has been notified how to get the certificate of recovery 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, mrobinson said:

I just read an update from the cruise critic roll call organizer on our April 16 roll call ooat

She said 2 buses were take. To the IBIS hotel - there are 50 rooms occupied by Princess and 8 cruisers from Celebrity. Some of the people left IBIS and booked different hotel since the rooms are right for a couple. IBIs wasn’t aware that Princess was covering cost for first hotel so they are putting cost of hotel on their own. Credit cards. There weee 5 buses if people taken to Radison Blue. Everyone has to stay 19 days ans then test negative to leave. They aren’t able to change airline reservations until they either test negative or have the sixties certificate of recovery. But no one has been notified how to get the certificate of recovery 

19 days 🤷‍♀️?

• Like 2

12 hours ago, mrobinson said:

Really, what is going on?  Every day we wake up and pray things are better with covid and that life can get back to normal.  I can't believe 19 days they make you wait.  What if you drive to the port instead of fly, are you released?  Thanks for the update.  It is impossible to read everything that is out there.

23 hours ago, mrobinson said:

Is that a typo about 19 days?

• Like 1

On 5/2/2022 at 7:55 AM, Level six said:

We have a 10 day cruise to Alaska out of San Francisco for 8/8 (canceled by Princess last year ), but after reading here and on the news about the recent outbreaks on Ruby Princess and others, I’m starting to feel concerned.  Even though we’ve been double vaxed and double boostered, that won’t necessarily keep us from getting the virus.  Even if we were asymptomatic, the thought of being moved to another cabin and isolated there for who knows how long doesn’t appeal to me at all, not for what we’re spending on this cruise.  Even worse, what if one or both of us DID get fairly ill?  We’re 71 and 69.  Definitely don’t want to be sick on a ship in the middle nowhere or even in Alaska.

I need to make a decision in the next day or so.  Our final payment is due 5/6.  Any advice?  

On 4/28/2022 at 1:22 PM, Thrak said:

Princess has been using Balcony cabins for quarantine. You don't stay in your original cabin.

So if you’re in a mini-suite, it’s a downgrade?  Hmmm …just the thought of being trapped in ANY cabin doesn’t appeal to me.  

On 5/2/2022 at 4:50 PM, mellon1 said:

We have a 10 day cruise to Alaska out of San Francisco for 8/8 (canceled by Princess last year ), but after reading here and on the news about the recent outbreaks on Ruby Princess and others, I’m starting to feel concerned.  Even though we’ve been double vaxed and double boostered, that won’t necessarily keep us from getting the virus.  Even if we were asymptomatic, the thought of being moved to another cabin and isolated there for who knows how long doesn’t appeal to me at all, not for what we’re spending on this cruise.  Even worse, what if one or both of us DID get fairly ill?  We’re 71 and 69.  Definitely don’t want to be sick on a ship in the middle nowhere or even in Alaska.  Arrghhh.  Might just wait until 2024!  I’m not even optimistic for 2023 at the point!  And I here I thought 2022 going to be better!   

13 minutes ago, Linsifer said:

We have a 10 day cruise to Alaska out of San Francisco for 8/8 (canceled by Princess last year ), but after reading here and on the news about the recent outbreaks on Ruby Princess and others, I’m starting to feel concerned.  Even though we’ve been double vaxed and double boostered, that won’t necessarily keep us from getting the virus.  Even if we were asymptomatic, the thought of being moved to another cabin and isolated there for who knows how long doesn’t appeal to me at all, not for what we’re spending on this cruise.  Even worse, what if one or both of us DID get fairly ill?  We’re 71 and 69.  Definitely don’t want to be sick on a ship in the middle nowhere or even in Alaska.

I need to make a decision in the next day or so.  Our final payment is due 5/6.  Any advice?  

Cancel.