Are we allowed to carry ALL our own luggage onboard (Coral Princess)

Will Princess Cruises permit us to carry ALL of our own luggage onboard our Coral Princess cruise, to minimise potential covid risk of transmission?
Not just the carry-on bags, but the whole lot. We are on a 7 nighter and we won't be able to just limit our bags to one carry-on bag for eg. Any ideas?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CDaze71 said:

Will Princess Cruises permit us to carry ALL of our own luggage onboard our Coral Princess cruise, to minimise potential covid risk of transmission?
Not just the carry-on bags, but the whole lot. We are on a 7 nighter and we won't be able to just limit our bags to one carry-on bag for eg. Any ideas?

That’s a great thought!

I can ask our PVP if no one else has asked the question yet. 
we normally pack very light so a medium size case each which we can handle no problem.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, CDaze71 said:

Bags need to be of a size that will fit through the x-ray/screening machine. On past cruises only carry on bag sizes would fit. So if only carrying one small bag each, that should be fine.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, doenbucket said:

Bags need to be of a size that will fit through the x-ray/screening machine. On past cruises only carry on bag sizes would fit. So if only carrying one small bag each, that should be fine.

Agreed. You beat me to it. 🙂

• Like 1

Infection from luggage would be the least of my worries.

The majority of Covid infections occur from aerosol transmission so the risk of catching it from a bag would be very, very low. Crew are required to wear masks so the risk of droplets landing on your bags would be very minimal plus they may even use an anti-viral fog on all luggage - I think I read something about this a while back but can't remember where. Just pack some sanitising wipes in your carry-on if you're worried, and wash your hands after handling your bags.

Edited by OzKiwiJJ
  • Like 4

25 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Infection from luggage would be the least of my worries.

The majority of Covid infections occur from aerosol transmission so the risk of catching it from a bag would be very, very low. Crew are required to wear masks so the risk of droplets landing on your bags would be very minimal plus they may even use an anti-viral fog on all luggage - I think I read something about this a while back but can't remember where. Just pack some sanitising wipes in your carry-on if you're worried, and wash your hands after handling your bags.

Agreed. The key prevention measure is to wash your hands.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Hogbay said:

Don't unpack for 24 hours and was your hands 😇

The only slightly risky part of your luggage would be the handle. If someone is concerned, they could use antiseptic wipes on the handle or place a hand-towel from the bathroom over the handle so you don't come into contact with it. The zip would be fine - non-one would have touched that.

Edited by Aus Traveller
  • Like 1

CDaze71 - You would also have another problem, hypothetically; if your cabin isn’t ready for hours after you board (can and has happened) you would be dragging ALL your luggage around for possibly hours. Being a nuisance to not only other passengers but to yourself.

All for the sake of a sanitising wipe when your luggage does arrive 🤔

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

I suppose it would be fine if the bags fit the screener, which is likely to be carry on size bags anyway.

Carry on and mid-size suitcases should be OK to fit through the scanner, but why bother?

Edited by Aus Traveller
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, CDaze71 said:

Thanks everyone. All good. We will be checking in the big bags and will walk on with the carry-on bags. 

Cheers.

But hang on a moment, how are you going to fit a full tuxedo/dinner suit and ball gown in a carry on bag, lol.

Don't forget Uncle Les is a Princess Flag Waver, one must be properly attired, lol.

You have to be dressed like the 'Brochure People, lol.

th (2).jpg

04b75f7999fa3eab0fb9c0a61e8ddfd7.jpg

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, CDaze71 said:

Our first cruise was 4 nights out of Hong Kong on Legend of the Seas back in 2010.
We were as green as grass and no one told us we could check our bags. We lined up for several hours and carried all our luggage on with us. There were three of us: me, DW, and a friend. This was after travelling through China and Hong Kong for 3 weeks. We took it in turns to go and have some lunch while the other two waited in the queue with all the luggage.
We’ve come a long way since then. After the Covid hiatus we are planning 5 or 6 cruises this year. That will bring us up to 22 or 23 in total. 😁

• Like 2

I know others that take a can of Glen-20 with them when they cruise, and I have thought it over the top. I will be packing a can in our luggage on each cruise for the rest of the year, and some sanitiser wipes in my carry-on.

Rather than luggage, I am more concerned about the health of the previous user of the cabin. No worries for 31st May. When they flip the cabin between cruises, they certainly change all of the linen, but I am most concerned about the pillow someone may have been coughing on the previous night. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, arxcards said:

..... When they flip the cabin between cruises, they certainly change all of the linen, but I am most concerned about the pillow someone may have been coughing on the previous night. 

YES I didn't think of that, eeeewwwwwww.

20 minutes ago, arxcards said:

I know others that take a can of Glen-20 with them when they cruise, and I have thought it over the top. I will be packing a can in our luggage on each cruise for the rest of the year, and some sanitiser wipes in my carry-on.

Rather than luggage, I am more concerned about the health of the previous user of the cabin. No worries for 31st May. When they flip the cabin between cruises, they certainly change all of the linen, but I am most concerned about the pillow someone may have been coughing on the previous night. 

A funny story about taking Glen-20 on a cruise. Friends used to spray everything in their cabin, but they didn't realise what would happen when they sprayed the smoke detector just before they went to bed. After a while, the phone rang and an automated message told them there was a fire and they must evacuate. As they were in bed 'au natural' they stopped to put some clothes on. A quick look outside their cabin didn't show signs of a fire. Then the phone rang again and a person asked them if there was a fire in their cabin. They insisted there wasn't. They were then told they could go back to bed. Next day, they told their cabin steward what had happened. He asked them if they sprayed the smoke detector. They had because they were convinced that the air vent was the main conductor of viruses on board and they didn't differentiate between that and the smoke detector. The steward warned them "not to say a word to anyone" about what they had done.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Aus Traveller said:

A funny story about taking Glen-20 on a cruise. Friends used to spray everything in their cabin, but they didn't realise what would happen when they sprayed the smoke detector just before they went to bed. After a while, the phone rang and an automated message told them there was a fire and they must evacuate. As they were in bed 'au natural' they stopped to put some clothes on. A quick look outside their cabin didn't show signs of a fire. Then the phone rang again and a person asked them if there was a fire in their cabin. They insisted there wasn't. They were then told they could go back to bed. Next day, they told their cabin steward what had happened. He asked them if they sprayed the smoke detector. They had because they were convinced that the air vent was the main conductor of viruses on board and they didn't differentiate between that and the smoke detector. The steward warned them "not to say a word to anyone" about what they had done.

Note to self. Do not spray the smoke detector.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, CDaze71 said:

YES I didn't think of that, eeeewwwwwww.

Everyone will be carrying their own pillows at check in, lol. You could hide a few bottles of booze in there, lol.

To be serious, danger with the pillows on board, they will not be sterlizing those between cruises, I bet.

Another place where germs lurk is the TV remote control, give that a good clean.

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, CDaze71 said:

We've got Princess Plus, so no need for any smuggling lol. If I took all the pillows we'd need, can you imagine how much luggage I'd have then x 3 people.

Indeed and do not forget your formal wear, so you look like the 'Brochure People.'😁Princess is not like P&O Straya you know, we have class.😂

Edited by NSWP
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, CDaze71 said:

YES I didn't think of that, eeeewwwwwww

We’ll be able to find the OP on our cruises - they’ll be carrying the extra pillows, suitcases  …………   😆😂😆

Edited by Porky55
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Porky55 said:

We’ll be able to find the OP on our cruises - they’ll be carrying the extra pillows, suitcases  …………   😆😂😆

NO I won't be. I won't be carrying pillows and I've decided to check in the main luggage and walk on with carry-on.

• Like 1