Newest Production Shows

AVCruzers

Just wanted to make several comments about the newer production shows.  We were recently on the Discovery and really enjoyed Rock Opera.  The costumes, dancing, singing and choreography were amazing.  We also were in attendance at the first production of Spotlight Bar; we were disappointed after seeing Rock Opera.  The best dancing in Spotlight Bar were the male dancers doing tap dancing on the tables.  Story line in Spotlight Bar was a little hard to follow.   

13 minutes ago, AVCruzers said:

Just wanted to make several comments about the newer production shows.  We were recently on the Discovery and really enjoyed Rock Opera.  The costumes, dancing, singing and choreography were amazing.  We also were in attendance at the first production of Spotlight Bar; we were disappointed after seeing Rock Opera.  The best dancing in Spotlight Bar were the male dancers doing tap dancing on the tables.  Story line in Spotlight Bar was a little hard to follow.   

One man's opinion re: Story line in Spotlight Bar was a little hard to follow.   The music drowned out the lyrics of the songs (perhaps the singers' voices were not strong enough for the performance), so one was not able to comprehend the story.  The songs where I already knew the lyrics worked OK.  Maybe it's just that an old man's ears just aren't what they used to be.

• Like 1

I wasn't impressed with "Rock Opera" although most people thought it was great. It was just to loud for my taste...much to modern.  

They did put a lot of effort into the routine but it just wasn't for me. 

We saw Rock Opera on 4/10 Discovery and Spotlight Bar premiere show on 4/17 cruise.  While Rock Opera was a louder show, we did think it was an excellent show.  It was super high energy and you could see that the performers seemed to leave it all on the stage.  We have never been to a "first performance" show and thought that Spotlight Bar was another excellent performance.  We love cruising for all of the reasons most people do.  It is great to be able to have such good performances at sea.  

8 hours ago, arrice2 said:

One man's opinion re: Story line in Spotlight Bar was a little hard to follow.   The music drowned out the lyrics of the songs (perhaps the singers' voices were not strong enough for the performance), so one was not able to comprehend the story.  The songs where I already knew the lyrics worked OK.  Maybe it's just that an old man's ears just aren't what they used to be.

7 hours ago, MissP22 said:

I wasn't impressed with "Rock Opera" although most people thought it was great. It was just to loud for my taste...much to modern.  

They did put a lot of effort into the routine but it just wasn't for me. 

50 minutes ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

We loved Rock Opera but it was so loud that it was painful at times.  

I have had these complaints for years. The music is so loud the lyrics are indecipherable. The other thing they seem to do a lot (other than excessive volume) is to shine bright lights into the eyes of the audience. What moron decided this was a good idea?

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

We loved Rock Opera but it was so loud that it was painful at times.  

We have found that the theater has just got louder and louder in recent years (by that I mean 2018 & 2019).

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

We have found that the theater has just got louder and louder in recent years (by that I mean 2018 & 2019).

It was so loud that you could listen to the entire show while standing in front of the shops.  We wore earplugs when we went to the show the next week on our B2B.  

• Like 1

Darn it!!!

I had read on Cc that Rock Opera was a good show.

My mom decided not to go solely because she feared she would not be able to hear the music. She has had issues with her $6,000 hearing aids recently and wasn’t able to get help before trip. 

We did a premium wine tasting and she could hear nothing as we came later so were seated farther away. Usually i try to get us first in the door so she could hear.
I enjoyed it especially laughing with my brother and it helped me learn names of staff as a different person introduced each wine. Canapés  best ever for a wine tasting compared to many on Celebrity and Disney.

Mom just decided to go ahead and drink all her wine without waiting.Then napped and we skipped dinner. A lady in the elevator made a remark about me still being hungry at 9:30 when i went up to Buffet.

Don't quote me but I believe the Rock Opera show was the one where the performers carried hand held led lights to flash at the audience as they danced around. 😂

Now besides going deaf at the end of the show I'll be half blind for a while. 

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Thrak said:

The other thing they seem to do a lot (other than excessive volume) is to shine bright lights into the eyes of the audience. What moron decided this was a good idea?

Who doesn’t love to have bright lights shining in there eyes?? Insert eye roll here….

For the 1st time ever I walked out of a show. I was less than impressed with Starlight. 1st time I ever heard those songs and I think there wasn't even a pattern to them 

We liked Rock Opera a lot and while it was loud, I have heard worse.  There was no second production show on the inaugural cruise, which was a disappointment.  It did have some more modern songs.  For instance, my sister, who had not seen the movie "The Greatest Showman" was unfamiliar with several of the songs.  I never do enjoy music as much if I have not heard it before.  

Compared to some other lines, Princess does need to step up some of their entertainment.

6 hours ago, 1emerald1 said:

I saw Rock Opera for the first time on the Discovery.  I loved it!  I did sit in the back and did not find it too loud, maybe that's why?

Maybe they turned it down? When did you go? I know a lot of people were complaining.

53 minutes ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

Maybe they turned it down? When did you go? I know a lot of people were complaining.

53 minutes ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

I went to the second shows.

• Like 1

Just now, 1emerald1 said:

I went to the second shows.

Maybe they did turn it down.  I have inner ear issues and am very sensitive to noise.  In fact I walked out of the Elton John tribute due to the volume and the graphics were messing with my vertigo!

• Like 1