EZ Air Disaster...

Thrak

FIXED!!!

Now I just have to arrange (and re-arrange) hotels. Cancel one and add another. Really nice young guy on Princess told me not to worry as he would fix things. Put me back on hold for maybe 10 minutes and has now emailed me a copy of my new flights.

AWESOME!

Edited by Thrak
  • Like 48

Ugh.  Alaska’s operational BS is really hitting hard at the moment.  They sold a schedule they had absolutely no chance in hell of operating.  Wish and prayer and hope that highly skilled professionals will voluntarily work a *lot* of overtime are not a substitute for hiring, training and retaining a sufficient number of qualified pilots. 

I’m shocked AS has punted on this.  Since it’s a >4 hour delay, you want what is known as a Rule 240 reaccomodation.  It’s not weather - it’s their operational issue so they should reroute you on any carrier with whom they interline at any time/date of your choice at no additional charge. 

I don’t know how far you are from an AS ticket counter, but if it were me, that is where I would go *right now* with travel documents for your whole party.  They are the most accessible, most empowered front line employees in the airline and they’ve got the best chance to fix this. 

• Like 2

This happens to me that my flight to Sydney Australia was cancelled by airline and never got notification from Princess, in fact still shows up on EZ Air as current booking. By the time I found out, airfare has skyrocketed.

9 minutes ago, Thrak said:

FIXED!!!

Now I just have to arrange (and re-arrange) hotels. Cancel one and add another. Really nice young guy on Princess told me not to worry as he would fix things. Put me back on hold for maybe 10 minutes and has now emailed me a copy of my new flights.

AWESOME!

Thank God!  So happy you got it worked out……you must be so relieved!  Have a wonderful cruise and put this mess behind you!

Edited by Lady Arwen

14 minutes ago, VibeGuy said:

Uh, love to see how *that* works. 

Seattle and Vancouver are connected by road. 

You need to take a cab to the ferry terminal.  You can go the Victoria and then Vancouver all on the ferry system

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

If you have a TA will Princess even talk to you? This is just awful.  You have probably already done this but look online and find a flight that will work for you so you can tell them exactly what you want when they finally answer the phone… Ugh!  Wishing you the best!

EZ-Air is not TA-associated.  Anyone can deal directly with Princess in regards to the EZ-Air bookings.  I imagine most TA"s don't even engage with EZ-Air (note I didn't say ALL).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, muffin said:

There is no ferry from Seattle to Vancouver that I’ve ever heard of…they are both on the mainland!  Wishing you well…..

ferry to Victoria Island to mainland Vancouver ..on the water..kind of where the cruise ship docks..water everywhere

• Like 3

There is presently one Clipper a day from Seattle to Victoria Inner Harbour.  You then have to get from downtown Victoria 30km to Swartz Bay, and after *that* ferry crossing you’re in Tswaassen, another roughly hour to Canada Place. 

While it’s scenic and vaguely amusing, it’s the most expensive, least convenient and riskiest (in terms of delays and points of breakdown) way to get from Seattle to Vancouver.  It’s literally faster and easier to take city buses the entire way and walk across the border. 

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Thrak said:

FIXED!!!

AWESOME!

It's just the pain and stress of waiting for someone that can help.

Was it the special travel delay line that answered and helped?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Was it the special travel delay line that answered and helped?

Yes. You can bet your boots I'm keeping that number in my records.

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Thrak said:

Yes. You can bet your boots I'm keeping that number in my records.

Been in my phone contacts for PCL for years, but have yet to need it myself.  Have read on here about other folks having to use it.  Well played.  Enjoy the trip.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, dog said:

never said it was!

The implication - at least to me - of your somewhat cryptic post (see below) was that a TA would somehow help in this type of emergency situation.  NBD - perhaps it was just me reading more into it.

"Making me find a travel agent once my FCC are gone!  This is so stressful. 
wishing you luck
".

6 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Been in my phone contacts for PCL for years, but have yet to need it myself.  Have read on here about other folks having to use it.  Well played.  Enjoy the trip.

I just put the phone number in my contact list. We leave May 31 on flights booked through EZ Air from Florida to Anchorage....cruise leaves on June 1. We have done numerous Alaska cruises on Princess but usually have not booked through EZ Air.  Hoping it all goes smoothly this time. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Thrak said:

FIXED!!!

AWESOME!

Wonderful news!!!  

13 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

The implication - at least to me - of your somewhat cryptic post (see below) was that a TA would somehow help in this type of emergency situation.  NBD - perhaps it was just me reading more into it.

"Making me find a travel agent once my FCC are gone!  This is so stressful. 
wishing you luck
".

My previous TA handled all kinds of issues for me, so that is what I am implying.

Please don’t  turn my posts into something else.  Ignore them.

Edited by dog
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, Thrak said:

FIXED!!!

AWESOME!

👍 So glad to hear this.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, RJAM3 said:

You need to take a cab to the ferry terminal.  You can go the Victoria and then Vancouver all on the ferry system

Seattle to Vancouver  - no ferry required!   Take I-5 to the border!  If you get off in Seattle Quick Shuttle will take you direct to Canada Place.   It's approximately 3 hours drive, hopefully the border isn't busy.  

If you fly to Vancouver, Skytrain is in the airport and the end stop is at Canada Place!  No need to take a cab, Skytrain is much cheaper and faster.

Edited by Fisherwoman
  • Like 1

So happy to hear you’re on your way! Made sure that “EnRoute” phone number is not only in my contacts but now made it a VIP. Traveling by air these days —with EZAir or without— is a totally stress filled experience! ☹️

Phewwwww, I am so glad for you.  I had to make a choice earlier this week myself for Alaska cruise flights to/from Seattle in Jul-Aug.  I had EZAir Alaska Airlines at $297.XX, a phenomenal fare it seems which I grabbed just before it went haywire and has now become over $1000.00 for just me, and it was economy.  Alaska had made 2 changes to my departure flight making my arrival later in the evening.  Much earlier I had booked Delta using a low amount of my skymiles for their premium economy. In the interim I was even able to change my departure date with no fee.  I decided to keep the delta reservation and cancelled the EZAir.  Delta has not been doing all that great keeping their scheduled flights lately, so I do have some concern.

I am so glad that this was straightened out for you!  I am not sure you would have had enough time to drive up and then you would have been wiped out. The Alaska strike plus covid issues has been tough on Alaska Air. And others for that matyer, but the strike certainly had an impact.