Specialty Dining and Drinks Package

Suite Susie

Can anybody tell me whether we are able to use our drinks packages in all the Specialty Dining venues?  We will be on Enchanted in July.  Forgive my ignorance, but we have never sailed with Princess before. On Celebrity, we could use it everywhere. 

I have searched and cant seem to find my answer...does anyone know if the drink package can be used on the private island?  I thought I read something about it on CC but cant find that thread now.

Never mind finally found it on the website...

Edited by cruzrbachoua

8 minutes ago, cruzrbachoua said:

I have searched and cant seem to find my answer...does anyone know if the drink package can be used on the private island?  I thought I read something about it on CC but cant find that thread now.

Never mind finally found it on the website...

no fountain soda ( included in the package ) available at PC

13 minutes ago, voljeep said:

no fountain soda ( included in the package ) available at PC

so are you saying sodas are not allowed to be bought with the pkg on the island....its been awhile since i was there but i remember seeing a spot that had canned soda and beers and then a bar for the umbrella type adult drinks?

2 minutes ago, cruzrbachoua said:

so are you saying sodas are not allowed to be bought with the pkg on the island....its been awhile since i was there but i remember seeing a spot that had canned soda and beers and then a bar for the umbrella type adult drinks?

can soda's can be bought - separate from package ... beer is included in the package.

4 minutes ago, voljeep said:

can soda's can be bought - separate from package ... beer is included in the package.

ok are the frozen drinks included as well? we are good with water or whatever is provided during the lunch for that or we will bring a water bottle off the ship to keep with us

4 minutes ago, cruzrbachoua said:

ok are the frozen drinks included as well? we are good with water or whatever is provided during the lunch for that or we will bring a water bottle off the ship to keep with us

frozen drinks - yes - rum & coke - yes  both included in the package

it's just there are no fountain soda's on PC - no fountain 'guns' - only canned soda's

1 minute ago, voljeep said:

frozen drinks - yes - rum & coke - yes  both included in the package

it's just there are no fountain soda's on PC - no fountain 'guns' - only canned soda's

ah ok got it.. thanks.  this is the first time with the drink pkg to the island.  been there plenty of times but our first with the pkg so good to know what to expect.  

40 minutes ago, Tak8 said:

Is there a limit on the price of a bottle of wine to get the 25% off?  I thought there was an upper limit on the price in the past.

Terms and conditions

• The package provides a 25% discount on the following excluded items: all bottles of wine, one liter bottles of water, canned soda and bottled juices.

2 hours ago, cruzrbachoua said:

ah ok got it.. thanks.  this is the first time with the drink pkg to the island.  been there plenty of times but our first with the pkg so good to know what to expect.  

Bottle water is also included with the package, I believe 1 liter bottles. If I remember right they do also have bottled water on PC.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Moondogy said:

Bottle water is also included with the package, I believe 1 liter bottles. If I remember right they do also have bottled water on PC.

Don't do the package, but I thought it was the standard 500ml bottles included.

Just now, Steelers36 said:

yes on the ship the 500ml is included and a discount for the larger bottle vs full price.  Just wasnt sure how the package worked on the private island.  We can always get bottles of water on the ship and take them off with us but wanted to see if the adult drinks would be honored on the island and it seems like they will.  

35 minutes ago, cruzrbachoua said:

yes on the ship the 500ml is included and a discount for the larger bottle vs full price.  Just wasnt sure how the package worked on the private island.  We can always get bottles of water on the ship and take them off with us but wanted to see if the adult drinks would be honored on the island and it seems like they will.  

Private island is a yes, but no fountain soda is available so that part of the package can not be used. Don't expect all the selections you would find on board.

• The package may be used on our private islands, all food and beverage venues, and other areas such as the theater or public spaces that offer beverage service. Selections and service are limited to each venue’s menu offerings and operating hours.

2 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

Sorry about the incorrect size....I hate to drink water 🤣I don't even like putting it in my Jameson

9 hours ago, propwash17 said:

We do not have the drink package, so, is there a happy hour on Princess, or wine packages you can buy?  Thanks. 

There have been Happy hours in the past, but restricted to certain bars. I remember Crooners had one to encourage people to visit the venue mid afternoon on Royal Princess. We also had one on Crown Princess in the Wheelhouse bar.

36 minutes ago, Esprit said:

There have been Happy hours in the past, but restricted to certain bars. I remember Crooners had one to encourage people to visit the venue mid afternoon on Royal Princess. We also had one on Crown Princess in the Wheelhouse bar.

I can only speak from our last cruise in October.

With so many pax having PP, Happy Hour is not needed.

13 hours ago, propwash17 said:

We do not have the drink package, so, is there a happy hour on Princess, or wine packages you can buy?  Thanks. 

No happy hours any more. Discontinued years ago before the plus fares were offered. With so many passengers with plus fares there really is limited marketing advantage for happy hours. The break even for the additional cost of a plus fare is around 2 alcoholic beverages/pp/day. Not much. It is a nice value.

There is a loyalty event most evenings from 5 to 7pm where you can get a limited selection of watered down cocktails for maybe $6/7 + 18% service charge plus some snacks. It is supposed to be for Platinum loyalty members and higher, but this is seldom checked. If you are in a full suite on a Royal Class ship you can go to the concierge lounge. 

• Thanks 1