Lunch with Officer--big disappointment

50 minutes ago, cruiselvr04 said:

Almost 340 here and looking forward to a nice free lunch.  I don’t care if the officers stay around or not.  I doubt we’ll get to Pin level but we’ll enjoy the cruises and any perks along the way.  

Never say never.  😉 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, island lady said:

LOL...perhaps.  😉  

Though the recent double points did not get us a whole lot.  Just more points.  😄 

Maybe it will someday when they introduce the Pinnacle Plus level.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I seriously hope they don't do away with Cheers with an Officer...or if they go back to the original Meal with an Officer.   We always enjoy the friendly chatter and new friendships.  Met some of the nicest people at those events!  🙂  And one of the better lunches on the ship!  🤗

Edited by island lady
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, island lady said:

I seriously hope they don't do away with Cheers with an Officer...or if they go back to the original Meal with an Officer.   We always enjoy the friendly chatter and new friendships.  Met some of the nicest people at those events!  🙂  And one of the better lunches on the ship!  🤗

Thats how i read it . Why would somebody be disappointed ?

Nice meal , chat with a few new people , whats not to like ?

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, island lady said:

LOL...perhaps.  😉  

Though the recent double points did not get us a whole lot.  Just more points.  😄 

Just qualified for out third bottle of wine... but they no longer have the Ravenswood Zinfandel nor about 5 others.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, loman said:

Thats how i read it . Why would somebody be disappointed ?

Nice meal , chat with a few new people , whats not to like ?

Expectation, especially as compared to the previous one some years ago when we were lowly D and enjoyed the company of fellow Paxs and Officers.

• Like 1

I have attended a number (7) of Cheers lunches in the past few months — Oasis, Enchantment and Anthem.  All have been lovely but I did miss the filet mignon on one ship (note to Enchantment 😀).  EN was also the only ship where there was no toast - strange.  But I appreciate all the preparation and staff time it takes to put such a luncheon together.  Katherine 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, yogimax said:

Just qualified for out third bottle of wine... but they no longer have the Ravenswood Zinfandel nor about 5 others.

Indeed, some of the new selections are iffy too.  But so many things are coming up out of stock everywhere.  It's hit and miss.   

I do love the new SB, the Peter Yealand, on the new list.  Bucky now adores the Rosemont Shiraz.   We just cross our fingers that they show up on the counter when we check into the cabin.  😬

Just now, island lady said:

Indeed, some of the new selections are iffy too.  But so many things are coming up out of stock everywhere.  It's hit and miss.   

I do love the new SB, the Peter Yealand, on the new list.  Bucky now adores the Rosemont Shiraz.   We just cross our fingers that they show up on the counter when we check into the cabin.  😬

Last cruise they were in the cooler.

• Like 1

Just now, mo&fran said:

Last cruise they were in the cooler.

Had that happen one time also.  Very thoughtful of the cabin attendant or Beverage person!  Most of mine have been in an ice bucket, but I transfer it to the fridge anyway (assuming it is on of the newer colder ones...not those "barely cool" boxes).  😮 

22 minutes ago, island lady said:

I appreciate  your recommendations.  Will have to try them both.  Is the new list anywhere online?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, loman said:

That must of been funny . Did you laugh at them .

No, but you should have seen the look on the officer's face that was taking the invitation cards - it was priceless🙄

• Like 1

I also miss dining with the officers.  It was nice to hear how they did their jobs.  I really enjoyed the IT guy as that's what I did.  My wife liked their accountant for the same reason.  Recall we talked to one of the security people once and they had some funny stories about people trying to stowaway on the ship.

Times change.  

2 hours ago, island lady said:

Actually...being a nice Pinnacle.....you probably should wear your pin.  That would set a much better example, since it would show how very welcoming, helpful, and friendly they can be!  🙂 

I couldn't care less what another passenger's level is.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, cruiselvr04 said:

Almost 340 here and looking forward to a nice free lunch.  I don’t care if the officers stay around or not.  I doubt we’ll get to Pin level but we’ll enjoy the cruises and any perks along the way.  

You can get a nice free lunch every day.  Well, you’ve already paid for all those lunches, but you get my point.  

I think they should introduce a bucket of beer with an officer.  Now I would attend that.  

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, island lady said:

I love those on sea days!  🙂  

Though most of the time we take our own glasses of wine in with us.  Not a fan of some of those free wine offerings they pour.  😉 

Me too Beach Kite red yuck.  $2 a bottle wine at a pinnacle lunch they should be ashamed 

Edited by bermuda_fm
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, nelblu said:

Not sure if because of Easter week and some 1,200 children on board, but not many Pinns or D+ on this sail.

Possible, know during rest of year I do almost all longer 10+ niters and Repo's. No Kids, 20-30 at most, SOLO's and Ton's upper Tiers. Pre-CV on Radiance Class the Diamonds alone would get couple extra Clubs for Happy Hour...

• Like 1