ms Nieuw Amsterdam in Juneau May 11, 2022

Scrapnana

Nieuw Amsterdam will be at the CT dock from 10 am to 10 pm.

Also in port are Serenade of the Seas at the AJ dock (7 am - 8:30 pm) and Discovery Princess at the Franklin Street dock (12:30 pm - 9 pm).

The forecast is for partly cloudy skies in the afternoon with a high of 53F/12C and a low of 35F/2C.  Sunrise is at 4:39 am and sunset at 9:11 pm.

The PTZtv webcam can be found at https://www.juneauharborwebcam.com/ .

Next up:  the last HAL ship of the season in Port Everglades - Zaandam on Thursday, 12 May.

Next up in Juneau:  Zuiderdam on Friday, 13 May.

• Thanks 5

11 minutes ago, Happily@Sea said:

I see they changed the time again - I was figuring 1 pm like last week. Oh well.

When I was online looking at a ship arrive in Juneau last week I thought the same thing but my observation now is that they are expecting to be docked at the 'arrival time' so the ships are on their way in before the set arrival time. They seem to arrive a bit earlier but it appears that is OK with the port.

Today the NA was in the canal to get to the dock 45" before the set arrival time. It probably varies with each ship. She was at the dock about 15" early.

JMHO. 🙂

A beautiful, cool day in Juneau!  The mountains are gorgeous!  

I watched the arrival of Discovery Princess.  First time that I have seen her.  As the Royal Class ships have evolved, I see subtle changes to their exterior as compared to when I sailed on Royal Princess.  

On the ship. Beautiful all day. Some locals in shorts and tourists in tank tops. M

akes up for heavy rain all day yesterday in Ketchikan. This is the first northbound trip to Whittier with people continuing to Denali. Last week was a 7 day round trip from Vancouver so different port order.

19 hours ago, ScottishMaid said:

On the ship. Beautiful all day. Some locals in shorts and tourists in tank tops. M

akes up for heavy rain all day yesterday in Ketchikan. This is the first northbound trip to Whittier with people continuing to Denali. Last week was a 7 day round trip from Vancouver so different port order.

Are you in Skagway today?  Is the weather still beautiful?

B

23 hours ago, bellebaby said:

Are you in Skagway today?  Is the weather still beautiful?

B

Skagway was beautiful. Today the Nieuw Amsterdam was in Glacier Bay. For me the best weather of about 8 visits. Blue sky all day and the peaks totally clear with so much snow still on the lower slopes. Going north this evening towards Whittier and the west side of the high peaks can be seen clearly. Narrated cruising of College Fjord tomorrow evening.