Norovirus

gtmerc

1 hour ago, gtmerc said:

Norovirus now on Norwegian Bliss

It was on there a few weeks ago also....nothing new when cruising, wash your hands!!

We didn't catch it, but we did catch Covid.

Edited by KSSS2013
  • Like 1

Ever since my DH got norovirus 10 yrs ago or so I never use my finger tips on elevator buttons, I use my knuckles, this includes hotels and any other place I use an elevator.  I don't touch the rails walking up or down stairs.  He was soooo sick, I never want to go thru what he went thru.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, lkj1301 said:

Ever since my DH got norovirus 10 yrs ago or so I never use my finger tips on elevator buttons, I use my knuckles, this includes hotels and any other place I use an elevator.  I don't touch the rails walking up or down stairs.  He was soooo sick, I never want to go thru what he went thru.

I do the same!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, DCBullets02 said:

@tallnthensome Agreed, I have never felt closer to death than when I had Noro. I'll take Covid everyday of the week over puking my brains out for days at a time (among other things!)

Me, too. COVID (for me) is nothing compared to Noro. Noro was the sickest I’ve ever felt.  My bathroom was a complete biohazard.

Edited by FLcruisergrl
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

We were on the Encore last month and the washy washy enforcement was far less than pre pandemic. 

That was also our experience on the Getaway in March. It seemed that the crew can only deal with one communicable disease at a time.

Was it confirmed to be Noro?  Or was the ship just in rough waters and they put out the barf bags?  I've seen that on NCL.  I've been on maybe 15 cruises but only time I've gotten sick was on two different Princess cruises off the California coast, most recently last month.  Felt like death for a day.  A good, um, cleanse.  

38 minutes ago, suometar said:

That was also our experience on the Getaway in March. It seemed that the crew can only deal with one communicable disease at a time.

Given that the two viruses are transmitted in totally different methods, concentrating on one virus does not mean they are ignoring another.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, gregmarty said:

Where is this information coming from?  Did a quick google search and nothing pops up?  Anyone on board now?  Going to be on the Bliss in 8 days.

Enough that those of us boarding now are able to cancel for 100 percent fcc. They said over 2 percent of passengers and crew were sick. I haven't seen anybody cancel. The waiting area is packed. They are doing the major ship cleaning and we are boarding late. How late we don't know. 

10 hours ago, FLcruisergrl said:

Me, too. COVID (for me) is nothing compared to Noro. Noro was the sickest I’ve ever felt.  My bathroom was a complete biohazard.

This was my first time having covid. It gave me a stuffy nose and sinuses with some drip for two days and that was it.  Noro's "drip" is a whole lot worse! Haha! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 5/13/2022 at 4:39 PM, sfaaa said:

With enhanced health protocols and washy washy police, I am surprised Noro makes a comeback so soon.

Pearl didn’t show signs of enhanced health protocols on our 04/15/2022 sailing. Both of us tested positive for Covid hubby on last night and me two days after. 
By day 2 my husband said to me “it will be a miracle if we don’t test positive for Covid on this ship”. Crowded elevators, crowded hottubs and pool and crowded family activities with the kids and don’t even get me started about the packed embarkation process in Boston. The entire thing was a mess. 

It was a FAR cry from the Covid protocols on board MSC Divina in Nov 2021. Only difference was the ships were still under CDC watch back then. 

We will be hanging up our “cruise shoes” until further notice because it’s clear things are headed in the wrong direction again. 

Edited by styles27
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, chengkp75 said:

Given that the two viruses are transmitted in totally different methods, concentrating on one virus does not mean they are ignoring another.

I was being sarcastic!

• Like 1

We are in Seattle for the Encore today, but we happened to walk by the pier while the Bliss was docked yesterday, and there were NCL reps on the sidewalk handing out letters to anybody that walked by, basically saying something about more than 2% of guests reported "acute gastroenteritis symptoms" , we reported it to the CDC, we disinfected the whole ship, it's safe but you can cancel for FCC if you want, etc.  Does not say norovirus specifically. 

• Like 1

We were on Bliss first week of May. 
There were already cases then. 

Some complaints in Haven,  staff dismissed them  as motion sickness.

I Asked staff to change serving utensils in Haven Lounge buffet a few times. They were clearly dirty from service. 

During the Jersey Boys show, lead performer ran off stage in the middle of number. Show cancelled for “ technical difficulties .”