Shoe Requirement

On a detailed Liberty of the Seas website I read that “fully covered shoes” are required in the Windjammer. What exactly does that mean? No flip flops? No sandals?

That was not the case before. I’d appreciate feedback from someone who has sailed recently.

speaking from experience, barefeet are not allowed. Entered the Solarium Bistro once from Solarium lounger 10 feet from bistro door to grab an refill on coffee, maitre d' said I had to turn around and get shoes on even though I was 1/32 way from pouring coffee into cup.

• Like 4

I've read two articles in the last two days that appear to be written by or about "experts".  It makes me laugh at what some people will throw out there.

Rule of thumb in the Windjammer:  make sure there is a sole of some footwear between your foot and the floor.

The one that got me this morning was a couple that found it cheaper to retire on a cruise ship.  OK, sounds good.  The wife is a retired accountant and crunched the numbers.  She found out what most of us know.  That's good.  What she missed is how much more she would get for free IF THEY STAYED WITH ONE CRUISE LINE.  They are bouncing all over, which would drive me nutz.  

Unpack, stay for a loooooong time:  I'm good.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, pcur said:

I've read two articles in the last two days that appear to be written by or about "experts".  It makes me laugh at what some people will throw out there.

Rule of thumb in the Windjammer:  make sure there is a sole of some footwear between your foot and the floor.

The one that got me this morning was a couple that found it cheaper to retire on a cruise ship.  OK, sounds good.  The wife is a retired accountant and crunched the numbers.  She found out what most of us know.  That's good.  What she missed is how much more she would get for free IF THEY STAYED WITH ONE CRUISE LINE.  They are bouncing all over, which would drive me nutz.  

Unpack, stay for a loooooong time:  I'm good.

I saw that too.  As if that is a big deal or new.   1-5% of the folks on CC practically live on ships.  Note, this couple still owned their home. 

4 hours ago, granann said:

On a detailed Liberty of the Seas website I read that “fully covered shoes” are required in the Windjammer. What exactly does that mean? No flip flops? No sandals?

That was not the case before. I’d appreciate feedback from someone who has sailed recently.

That if you are not wearing fully covered shoes and something falls or dropped ie knife, hot ,food etc on your foot you will have a hard time suing them .

1 hour ago, Hogbay said:

That if you are not wearing fully covered shoes and something falls or dropped ie knife, hot ,food etc on your foot you will have a hard time suing them .

Nope, you can easily file a suit. As they don’t enforce the policy, one might even win. 

1 hour ago, neverbeenhere said:

Nope, you can easily file a suit. As they don’t enforce the policy, one might even win. 

Yep ! That’s hear say ,policy is written as is contract you signed.