Amsterdam RCL debark times and getting to AMS airport

We are sailing on the Jewel out of Amsterdam in August 2022.  The ship returns at 6:30am on a Friday.  Is it reasonable to catch a 11:15am flight home.  30 minutes to the AMS airport but we never went through customs and boarding at Amsterdam and have no time reference for getting luggage booked and through security and pass control to catch our 11:15 United flight.  Ship docks at 6:30, hopefully clears customs and we can get off ship by 7:30, 30 minutes taxi to airport so around 8 or 8:30am.  Time to get through all customs pass control to the gate for United is unknown.  Anyone done it recently?  Thanks.

AMS  pre covid  was a nightmare   unless you are in Bus class  even then it took time

I would get a later flight if you can 

Get off as soon as you can & get a taxi 

We had a noon flight & picked up about 8:30 am  & it was still a long trek through the check in then check points

JMO

Thanks, we would have to push to the next day if we cannot get the 11:15 flight.  That means another hotel stay.  We may have to just consider the extra day in Amsterdam, extra hotel fee, and extra fees for out pups in the kennel back home.  Drats.

11 minutes ago, wyldkarma said:

Thanks, we would have to push to the next day if we cannot get the 11:15 flight.  That means another hotel stay.  We may have to just consider the extra day in Amsterdam, extra hotel fee, and extra fees for out pups in the kennel back home.  Drats.

If you can be in the 1st group off  & get a taxi  you might make it

At the port you just walk off   so not security/customs to deal with there   but once you get to the airport   do not dilly dally

make sure the taxi drops you at the  door to the airline you are using

I know how you feel, but spending a night in Amsterdam is quite pleasant and you'd get to the airport next day all relaxed.  We just do this as a matter of course.  We prefer to stroll through the day of departure stress-free, knowing that we have time to deal with whatever the airline throws at us. 

We'll be sailing on RCI Jewel July 26th. I have read that trying to make it through AMS could be a lengthy one and why we've opted for a 2:30pm flight. Just hoping we can do our own proctored covid test onboard. Since your flight options are limited .... agree consider a post-cruise night.

This article in the dutch newspaper of today (use google translate) will tell you what a mess unfortunately the airport is at the moment. Of course not daily but far too often. Waiting times even have been sometimes for more then 5 hours, people missing their flights, fighting each other etc.

Please take more time and be there in time. In case you are too early, plenty of restaurants, shops and even a small Rijksmuseum at the airport to make waiting more easy. 

https://www.telegraaf.nl/nieuws/961907939/schiphol-opnieuw-toneel-van-zeer-gevaarlijke-chaos

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, wyldkarma said:

We are sailing on the Jewel out of Amsterdam in August 2022.  The ship returns at 6:30am on a Friday.  Is it reasonable to catch a 11:15am flight home.  30 minutes to the AMS airport but we never went through customs and boarding at Amsterdam and have no time reference for getting luggage booked and through security and pass control to catch our 11:15 United flight.  Ship docks at 6:30, hopefully clears customs and we can get off ship by 7:30, 30 minutes taxi to airport so around 8 or 8:30am.  Time to get through all customs pass control to the gate for United is unknown.  Anyone done it recently?  Thanks.

See my other posting, very unlikely you will make it in time. 

I'm sort of in the same boat, no pun intended.     Actually the American flights I wanted both left at 10 a.m.   I know the ship schedule says 6:30 but everything else I see says 6 am.   I found a United flight I booked in Business that leaves at noon.   I'm planning to self depart (meaning carry my own luggage), walk to the train station and God willing be at the airport by 8.   This is assuming they do allow people to self depart, which is done in the states all the time.    My worry is the Covid test, I'll be using the emed test and hope the connection is good the day prior.   If not I'm not sure.    

The security and checkin waits are long.  Two weeks ago I opted to stay at the Hilton and that was an excellent choice. I took my Covid test at the Hilton.  I walked to the airline lounge for breakfast.  Ideal, no stress. My flight was for 11:00 am