Where are the Quarantine cabins on Celebrity

dandee2

Hi everyone. We just booked our Alaska cruise on the Eclipe. We have an inside cabin. In the event that we test positive, do the quarantine us in our inside cabin? We're having second thought !

Thanks

Many people are quarantined in their booked cabin.  On our Apr 23 cruise (first cruise on the Eclipse since Mar 2020), there were two cabins, AQ class, not far from us with the "deep sleep" sign always on the door and trays outside indicating they were allowed to stay in their room.

I would never book an inside or O/V cabin for just this reason.

Some cruises have had dedicated space on a deck with balcony cabins for quarantine and move people to those cabins.  

Quarantine cabins have varied by ship and by how many have tested positive and at what point in the cruise ( day 3 vs day 6 on a 7N).  I wouldn’t  want to book a cabin that I wouldn’t want to be confined to for days.  Having said that you could book a suite and be quarantined in a OV. 

Originally they seemed to have a dedicated covid floor with pax being moved to OV (even if they were in suites). Recently there have been reports of people being left in their original rooms, not sure if that's because the dedicated covid rooms are full or a change in policy 

4 hours ago, TeaBag said:

Many people are quarantined in their booked cabin.  On our Apr 23 cruise (first cruise on the Eclipse since Mar 2020), there were two cabins, AQ class, not far from us with the "deep sleep" sign always on the door and trays outside indicating they were allowed to stay in their room.

I would never book an inside or O/V cabin for just this reason.

Some cruises have had dedicated space on a deck with balcony cabins for quarantine and move people to those cabins.  

We were also on the April 23rd Eclipse cruise.  

On April 30th my husband tested positive for Covid-19 and was moved to an ocean view cabin on deck 3.  I stayed in our Sky Suite 1 stateroom on deck 6.  I was tested daily and remained negative.

On deck 6 there were a number of staterooms which frequently had the "Deep Sleep" sign on the stateroom doors.  There were also a number of staterooms which also had "Welcome Home" signs with specific names (ie, head nurse, specialty act, engineering staff) taped onto the door.  The fire door on the port side was closed, and our butler told us that was done to lessen the foot traffic on that corridor since they had a number of staff persons, who given their work schedules, needed to sleep during the day.  

We had originally planned to stay for a B2B but opted to leave on turnaround day to complete my husband's isolation time on land and continue our vacation.  We were given the option to stay onboard and would have been upgraded to a Celebrity Suite for the second leg.  The reason for the upgrade was to transform that entire aft section of deck 6 into staff cabins.

Based on our experience "jeylane" is correct -- you can be booked in a suite but if moved into quarantine it may be an ocean view.

At this point in time it is a crap shoot as to where you would be quarantined.   As said above, it varies by ship, by availability of cabins, by number of cases onboard, by how soon (or late) in the cruise you test positive and on and on.  No way in the world would I sail in an inside cabin these days with the possibility of being stuck in there for even a couple of days if I tested positive near the end.  Even with noro, you could be quarantined in there for 3 days.  No inside cabins for me ever again!  

• Like 1